77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » CD & DVD Reviews » The 77s - Holy Ghost Building » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 5 6 [7] 8 9 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The 77s - Holy Ghost Building 4 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
What are we talking about again?

All I can think about is collecting a ton of deleted Smiths Singles.

I own that movie on DVD but ****ed if I didn't just peruse 5 or so youtube clips from it. Such a great film. Cool

08-06-2008 20:41 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kit
quote:
Originally posted by dennis
What are we talking about again?

All I can think about is collecting a ton of deleted Smiths Singles.

I own that movie on DVD but ****ed if I didn't just peruse 5 or so youtube clips from it. Such a great film. Cool

Yup. Cool
08-07-2008 03:38 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

"There's no way she likes that song. Uh...is she in a coma?"
Big Grin

08-07-2008 07:38 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-188.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Location: "i find your lack of faith disturbing.."- darth vader

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
"There's no way she likes that song. Uh...is she in a coma?"
Big Grin

that is what i think when somebody says they like the smiths.... Confused

Tongue

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

facebook
08-07-2008 09:17 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
lam77s

Registration Date: 05-29-2004

RE: Doc Love advances the plot Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
I, for one, would like to move out of the HG building and move into a funky old coffeehouse where aging bearded longhaired men sit around and play chess and beatnik chicks wanna read you their latest poems ..

There's a crazy little shack beyond the tracks
And ev'rybody calls it the sugar shack
Well, it's just a coffeehouse and it's made out of wood
Expresso coffee tastes mighty good
That's not the reason why I've got to get back
To that sugar shack, whoa baby
To that sugar shack ...

Yeah, honey, to our sugar shack....

Linda
08-07-2008 11:25 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

quote:
Yeah, honey, to our sugar shack....

Maybe the next album should be another cover album, not of blues/gospel tunes, but of bubblegum classics. Possible track list:

Sugar Shack (of course) by Jimmy Gilmer and the Fireballs
Sugar, Sugar by the Archies
Yummy, Yummy, Yummy by The Ohio Express
I Think I Love You by the Partridge Family
Chewy, Chewy by The Ohio Express
Simon Says by The 1910 Fruitgum Co.
Green Tambourine by The Lemon Pipers

C'mon! Power trio versions of late 60's bubblegum. Oh yeah!!!!!

08-07-2008 12:19 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Nekkid Prey Nekkid Prey is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-06-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

New Review from BQN Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Here's a review of HGB from the venerable Brian Quincy Newcomb!

Hey, Dove Award folk! You still listen to BQN's opinion?!?!

08-08-2008 17:49 Nekkid Prey is offline Send an Email to Nekkid Prey Homepage of Nekkid Prey Search for Posts by Nekkid Prey Add Nekkid Prey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Nekkid Prey: Nekkid Prey YIM Account Name of Nekkid Prey: mike_beidler
Big Jim Big Jim is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 08-22-2005
Favorite 77s album: Holy Ghost Building

BQN Review Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Nice to the point review! If I had the opportunity to vote, I would stuff the ballot box for HGB to receive multiple Dove awards. Heck, it should also be up for a Grammy in 2009! Hey, didn't the Choir get nominated for a Grammy a coupla years back? Who do we talk to to make this happen?? Big Grin One can dream... Cool
08-11-2008 09:26 Big Jim is offline Send an Email to Big Jim Homepage of Big Jim Search for Posts by Big Jim Add Big Jim to your Buddy List
Nekkid Prey Nekkid Prey is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-06-2004

RE: BQN Review Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Big Jim
Nice to the point review! If I had the opportunity to vote, I would stuff the ballot box for HGB to receive multiple Dove awards. Heck, it should also be up for a Grammy in 2009! Hey, didn't the Choir get nominated for a Grammy a coupla years back? Who do we talk to to make this happen?? Big Grin One can dream... Cool

It wasn't long after I thought Dove that I started thinking, "Did BQN mean Grammy??? Heeeeeeeeyyyyyyyy ..." I just might have to contact BQN to see how this disc can get into the right hands ...

08-11-2008 20:40 Nekkid Prey is offline Send an Email to Nekkid Prey Homepage of Nekkid Prey Search for Posts by Nekkid Prey Add Nekkid Prey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Nekkid Prey: Nekkid Prey YIM Account Name of Nekkid Prey: mike_beidler
Alex Alex is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-115.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2005
Favorite 77s album: Eighty Eight

It's a plain great rock album. Timeless. I recommend it.

Sadly, I don't know many people except myself who listen to this kind of stuff - not even talking about some who'd buy it. Most of my friends are either into Praise & Worship or into Metal - or they just listen to what gets played. It also seems to me as if people are less interested in CD albums than a decade ago - correct me if I'm mistaken.

Alex

08-12-2008 03:04 Alex is offline Send an Email to Alex Homepage of Alex Search for Posts by Alex Add Alex to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

Here's one from Tony Shore..

--------------------------------------------------

Obvious Daily Music Review: Holy Ghost Building - Seventy Sevens

What could sound worse to this quirky power pop fan than an album of blues-rock cover tunes recorded raw and live in the studio? Not much. But that’s exactly what the new album by The Seventy Sevens is…a collection of (very) old blues tunes that they went in and hammered out in the studio. Rumor has it the band (now a trio) laid down the initial tracks in 3 days, then it took a couple of years for them to put the final touches on the record and put it out. I remember hearing rumors that bandleader Mike Roe working on a blues album with another artist…I think it was it Nashville producer and session guy Phil Madeira. At any rate, this appears to be a band release and it is without a doubt one of the best things this underrated band has ever recorded. That’s right, I love it and you will too. I don’t care if you’ve never heard the 77’s or if you’re not a blues fan, this is a great record. The first track, “I’m Working on a Building,” is going to hook you in and keep you there like a great rock song should. The roots of rock and roll have never sounded so good. The Rolling Stones wish they still made records like this. I especially like the almost tongue in cheek “Stranger Won’t You Change Your Sinful Ways,” which sounds like it should have been on the Oh Brother Where Art Thou soundtrack.

You can check out the bands website here: www.seventysevens.com
08-12-2008 23:42 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-86.jpg

Registration Date: 09-17-2004

quote:
Originally posted by audiori

his copy is signed From the Doctor to the Doctor Pleased
08-13-2008 05:40 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

great review, lameass link Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Good grief Doc Shore, after such a glowing review couldn't you have at least gotten our weblink correct? Gah.

quote:

You can check out the bands website here: www.seventysevens.com

Doctor Love has attached this image:
the missing link.jpg

08-13-2008 11:35 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

that link worked fine, until today.

08-13-2008 11:41 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

the devil to pay Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I will get to the bottom of this.

Someone will pay!

Doctor Love has attached this image:
best street ever.jpg

08-13-2008 11:49 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Ping Pong Over the Abyss Ping Pong Over the Abyss is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-202.gif

Registration Date: 02-21-2006
Favorite 77s album: Too Many...!

Doc, where do you find all these cool signs?

08-13-2008 14:35 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

Be sure and check out the Holy Ghost Building Tshirts available in the 77s webstore. Happy
08-24-2008 23:13 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-86.jpg

Registration Date: 09-17-2004

Thumb Up! Tee TiMe Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Be sure and check out the Holy Ghost Building Tshirts available in the 77s webstore. Happy

08-26-2008 09:28 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

RE: Tee TiMe Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by LuR KiNG
quote:

Who is the stoner in the picture with you? Tongue

08-26-2008 10:05 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Joey T.
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-188.jpg

Location: "i find your lack of faith disturbing.."- darth vader

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

25 bucks! Confused
and large only? Confused Confused Confused
you'll need xl or xxl for this board.......... Crying

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

facebook

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Joey T.: 08-26-2008 10:26.

08-26-2008 10:25 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 5 6 [7] 8 9 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » CD & DVD Reviews » The 77s - Holy Ghost Building

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH