77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » CD & DVD Reviews » The 77s - Holy Ghost Building » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (9): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The 77s - Holy Ghost Building 4 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Anything to help, it's a great disc and I think it should do very well, if people hear it! Pleased
06-26-2008 18:38 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-475.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: 88

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I need to spin HGB up tonight Big Grin

06-27-2008 06:12 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
dennis
Happy Roy

Yes. Yes you should! Pleased
06-27-2008 14:02 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Gur Gur is a male
Mezzo

Registration Date: 01-14-2008
Location: And into this chasm God would let a million Jacob Bayers float down like sparkling dust on a dry wind.

I hope I can too.
06-27-2008 16:45 Gur is offline Send an Email to Gur Search for Posts by Gur Add Gur to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

quote:
Originally posted by Gur
Thanks Marti and D! Smile
The thread is down near the bottom of the first page of the music section.

Did it get deleted? I can't find anything of that description there.

06-27-2008 22:37 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

http://artsandfaith.com/index.php?showtopic=20235
06-28-2008 05:52 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
http://artsandfaith.com/index.php?showtopic=20235

Thanks for the link, dennis. I still can't see it on the forum itself, which is probably due to some problem this computer has with downloading it.

06-28-2008 09:14 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Bob Lawbob Bob Lawbob is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-204.gif

Registration Date: 08-31-2007
Favorite 77s album: DWLIS

Just got my copy of HGB and it's incredible! It really sucks that this will not get the play it deserves because people need to wake up and recognize what great music is again! My hat is off to you, Doctor Love, as you and the boys have yet again outdone yourselves!

Buying Holy Ghost Building - $15.00

Gas and food for a road trip to Bushnell, Illinois - $140.00

Seeing the legendary 77s perform at Cornerstone in 2008 - PRICELESS!

*please excuse the 'cheese factor' of the previous analogy but I am so fired up to see them live!
06-30-2008 19:58 Bob Lawbob is offline Send an Email to Bob Lawbob Search for Posts by Bob Lawbob Add Bob Lawbob to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Bob Lawbob
Just got my copy of HGB and it's incredible! It really sucks that this will not get the play it deserves because people need to wake up and recognize what great music is again! My hat is off to you, Doctor Love, as you and the boys have yet again outdone yourselves!

Buying Holy Ghost Building - $15.00

Gas and food for a road trip to Bushnell, Illinois - $140.00

Seeing the legendary 77s perform at Cornerstone in 2008 - PRICELESS!

*please excuse the 'cheese factor' of the previous analogy but I am so fired up to see them live!

Cool
Ditto those sentiments! I'm planning on purchasing HGB @ C'Stone

06-30-2008 21:45 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Chesterdox Chesterdox is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 06-05-2006
Favorite 77s album: Holy Ghost Building

I Got It!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

1st listen last night: Un-****-ing-believable! The best 77's album ever (I said it).
Not one song is a let-down. I can't believe how good I'll Remember You, Love, Keep Your Lamps Trimmed and Everybody Ought to Pray are, and When My Blue Moon Turns to Gold Again is like audio honey -- I was tempted to lick the cd!! Tongue I even love the new spin on City of Refuge, and I didn't like it on Fun With Sound (fits much better on HGB).

This album officially replaces Direct as my favorite 7's album, which replaced Sticks & Stones. Smile It's that good.

Gonna buy a couple more for friends.

... hell, if I were a real Christian, I'd buy some for my enemies. God loves them, too!

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Chesterdox: 07-01-2008 09:50.

07-01-2008 06:17 Chesterdox is offline Send an Email to Chesterdox Homepage of Chesterdox Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Chesterdox: none YIM Account Name of Chesterdox: none View the MSN Profile for Chesterdox
Sam e. Ching
Someone New

Registration Date: 03-26-2008

It is truly awesome . . . LOVE IT
07-01-2008 09:10 Sam e. Ching is offline Search for Posts by Sam e. Ching Add Sam e. Ching to your Buddy List
Uncle Remus Uncle Remus is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-577.jpg

Registration Date: 02-08-2005

It's an incredible record. "What Would You Give In Exchange For Your Soul" is currently my favorite track, but that's subject to change.
07-01-2008 10:01 Uncle Remus is offline Search for Posts by Uncle Remus Add Uncle Remus to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Uncle Remus: yoknapatawpha_lawyer
Someone New

I went to bed last night with headphones on listening to HGB, and I was amazed at how lush When My Blue Moon Turns to Gold Again is. From the background vocals to Mike's guitar and smooth-elvis vocals to the crash of cymbals towards the end of the song: perfect in every way!

07-02-2008 09:10 Chesterdox is offline Send an Email to Chesterdox Homepage of Chesterdox Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Chesterdox: none YIM Account Name of Chesterdox: none View the MSN Profile for Chesterdox
Cynthia
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2005

It was fun to hear him sing an Elvis song in the same manner as Elvis. Big Grin

07-02-2008 16:55 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

quote:
Originally posted by Cynthia

Did you happen to catch the stellar performance of Useless Parsley and the Ordinaires on the 77s DVD? Big Grin

07-02-2008 18:36 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Someone New

I did, and that's exactly what I was picturing while listening to that song. Smile

07-03-2008 05:45 Chesterdox is offline Send an Email to Chesterdox Homepage of Chesterdox Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Chesterdox: none YIM Account Name of Chesterdox: none View the MSN Profile for Chesterdox
Cynthia
Mezzo

quote:
Originally posted by Marti
quote:
Originally posted by Cynthia

Did you happen to catch the stellar performance of Useless Parsley and the Ordinaires on the 77s DVD? Big Grin

Yes - I've seen that one too. Cool

07-03-2008 06:56 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-475.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: 88

Thumb Up! Holy Ghost Building is........ Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

EXCELLENT!!

only two songs I wasn't thrilled about were

When My Blue Moon Turns Gold Again.....not a huge fan of the Elvis thing, that's just my opinion, I can understand why a lot of people like it.

and

What Would You Give In Exchange For Your Soul......just couldn't get into that one....

REALLY DIG.....

I'm Working On A Building
Keep Your Lamps Trimmed and Burning
I'm Gonna Run To The City Of Refuge
He's A Mighty Good Leader
Stranger Won't You Change Your Sinful Ways

07-03-2008 07:33 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
Cynthia
Mezzo

Along with all of the fast, cool ones, I really like He's a Might Good Leader too. It's so pretty - I really like it a lot.

07-03-2008 07:34 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Someone New

...He's a mighty good lee-daauhh...

Tongue

07-03-2008 07:56 Chesterdox is offline Send an Email to Chesterdox Homepage of Chesterdox Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Chesterdox: none YIM Account Name of Chesterdox: none View the MSN Profile for Chesterdox
Pages (9): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » CD & DVD Reviews » The 77s - Holy Ghost Building

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH