77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » Holy Ghost Building - June 20th!! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Holy Ghost Building - June 20th!! 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
nick nick is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 12-02-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I can't wait to hear this live and we get to see Dave again!! Man this is awesome!
06-06-2008 14:22 nick is offline Send an Email to nick Search for Posts by nick Add nick to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Wantee washee? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Chink, chink, Chinaman
Wash my pants!
Put them in the boiler
And make them dance!

quote:
Originally posted by Sam e. Ching
I listened to the initial cut up on myspace - it is truly, truly fantastic. It has so much energy and enthusiasm, yet it sounds old - that's no small feat to pull off. Congratulations guys on a first class effort - I can't wait to hear the full album!

Doctor Love has attached this image:
SimiValleyBelly.jpg

06-07-2008 11:19 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Gur Gur is a male
Mezzo

Registration Date: 01-14-2008
Location: And into this chasm God would let a million Jacob Bayers float down like sparkling dust on a dry wind.

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I would scold you soundly for your politically incorrect post, but your guitar work on HGB is so very, very fine that I am not even worthy to respond to one of your posts. Fantastic work, doc! I am in awe.
06-07-2008 12:09 Gur is offline Send an Email to Gur Search for Posts by Gur Add Gur to your Buddy List
Ping Pong Over the Abyss Ping Pong Over the Abyss is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-202.gif

Registration Date: 02-21-2006
Favorite 77s album: Too Many...!

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I will be looking forward to this disc. Cool

06-07-2008 18:23 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

Pleased
06-07-2008 21:44 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

Shocked RE: Wantee washee? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
Chink, chink, Chinaman
Wash my pants!
Put them in the boiler
And make them dance!

Sounds like the last lyrics from the Beck tune "Lord Only Knows"

Goin' back to Houston
Do the hot dog dance,
Goin' back to Houston
To get me some pants
06-07-2008 21:50 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Doctor Love

RE: Wantee washee? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Beck mentioned once that those lyrics were based on the first song he ever wrote as a very small child. Something to the effect of:

"Let's all take off our pants

and do the hot dog dance"

Genius level.

batmobile.jpg

06-07-2008 23:47 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
dennis
Happy Roy

RE: Wantee washee? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Beck mentioned once that those lyrics were based on the first song he ever wrote as a very small child. Something to the effect of:

"Let's all take off our pants

and do the hot dog dance"

Genius level.

I read that interview too, very much so on a genius level.
And it makes me laugh every time! Big Grin
06-08-2008 03:51 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

I saw one of the batmobiles 6 or 7 years ago at the Ellingson Car Museum.

I am pretty sure I had my picture taken with it.

Have no idea were the picture is.

They also have the 1969 Dodge Charger from the Dukes of Hazzard TV show.

Good times.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 06-08-2008 04:01.

06-08-2008 04:01 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

quote:
Chink, chink, Chinaman
Wash my pants!
Put them in the boiler
And make them dance!

quote:
Originally posted by Sam e. Ching
I listened to the initial cut up on myspace - it is truly, truly fantastic. It has so much energy and enthusiasm, yet it sounds old - that's no small feat to pull off. Congratulations guys on a first class effort - I can't wait to hear the full album!

I didn't know that laundrymat washers now came equipped with video cams. Don't we all feel safer! Happy Does it have a siren and red light that go off if you feed it slugs?

06-08-2008 17:18 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
lam77s

Registration Date: 05-29-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by lam77s
Keep Your Lamps Trimmed and Burning Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just like we promised...song #2 from the 77's newest release Holy Ghost Building is up on the player at www.myspace.com/the77s and ready for you to partake.

Take a look at the concert calendar while you're at it to see if you can get to one of the shows nearest you. Carpool and make it a road trip! Hope to see you on the road.

The 77's
06-10-2008 20:28 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Listened to the new song! LOVE IT!!!! It is up on my MySpace page!!!!!!!!!! I am dying for this album to be in my hands!!!!!!!

06-10-2008 20:53 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

quote:
Listened to the new song! LOVE IT!!!! It is up on my MySpace page!!!!!!!!!! I am dying for this album to be in my hands!!!!!!!

Yeah, it's really good, REALLY good. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but the two tracks I've heard have really blown me away. Great sound, great vibe, great energy.

06-10-2008 20:56 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

Hehe....The 77s have this friend named Klauz....I went to her page. Thought it was kind of funny. She's all "I love Jesus, I love my ministry, I love my family..I love A Clockwork Orange..." Just....you know....thought that was....quirky. haha

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Kit: 06-10-2008 21:19.

06-10-2008 21:18 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
dennis
Happy Roy

Not as quirky as your signature pic! Shocked

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 06-10-2008 23:31.

06-10-2008 23:31 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2005

The 2nd new song is really great. It's got a real 40's back alley cat kind of jive!! I'm sure bringing an upright bass on an airplane is a big deal, so it won't happen, but that would be a cool song to have an upright bass (and maybe a zoot suit too Tongue ).

06-11-2008 06:38 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
drowning drowning is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-223.jpg

Registration Date: 06-12-2007
Favorite 77s album: Direct

my immediate reaction to trimmed and burning was... and I mean this as highest praise... ahhh, this is the 77's doing there thing - the blue/bluegrass treatment is brilliant - (btw - this tune would fit on the LD's hey day releases Scenic Routes or LRRH)

and the bgv's on this tune... AMAZING, so smooth, harmonies so tight... WHOA!

and Mike's solo's are true blues extraordinaire - an economy of notes - sp-a-r-s-e, emotive, and little red riding like - not too much, not too little... just right.

Well - I loved it.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by drowning: 06-11-2008 08:21.

06-11-2008 08:17 drowning is offline Search for Posts by drowning Add drowning to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2005

I agree with the blues statement since it's a form of jazz, live the 40's music I stated, but I wouldn't call it bluegrass. JMHO

06-11-2008 12:55 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

Dr Love really digs on the Boogie Woogie! Cool
06-11-2008 19:37 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Doctor Love

turn on your lovelight Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeh I decided if you can't beat 'em join 'em ~~ boogie woogie young people everywhere!!

PigPen.jpg

06-12-2008 00:41 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » Holy Ghost Building - June 20th!!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH