77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » CD & DVD Reviews » Lost Dogs - We Like To Have Christmas » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lost Dogs - We Like To Have Christmas
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Tinkerty-tonk
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-461.jpg

Registration Date: 08-28-2007

Lost Dogs - We Like To Have Christmas Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm really enjoying this, but everyone should get it for the Chipmunk Song. It's a lot of fun.
12-06-2007 13:10 Tinkerty-tonk is offline Send an Email to Tinkerty-tonk Search for Posts by Tinkerty-tonk Add Tinkerty-tonk to your Buddy List
Fred Huggins Fred Huggins is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 08-25-2006

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm really glad to see some of the songs from Terry's Christmas album are getting put to use on this album. I LOVE that disc and I can't wait to hear the Dogs' magic worked on those tracks. Is the "Chipmunk Song" the same version previously released, featuring "virtual Derri"? That is a great track...Just popped it in yesterday! Wonder if Mike ever got that hula hoop?

12-07-2007 14:16 Fred Huggins is offline Send an Email to Fred Huggins Search for Posts by Fred Huggins Add Fred Huggins to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-188.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Location: "i find your lack of faith disturbing.."- darth vader

Lamp Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i haven't bought it yet because i already have most of it on other releases...
maybe if i heard some samples? jeffrey? please? Happy

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

facebook

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Joey T.: 12-07-2007 20:54.

12-07-2007 15:55 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
Tinkerty-tonk
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-461.jpg

Registration Date: 08-28-2007

Thread Starter Thread Started by Tinkerty-tonk
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Fred Huggins
Is the "Chipmunk Song" the same version previously released, featuring "virtual Derri"?

Based on your description it's the same.
12-07-2007 16:45 Tinkerty-tonk is offline Send an Email to Tinkerty-tonk Search for Posts by Tinkerty-tonk Add Tinkerty-tonk to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Buy It Joey Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The only 're=tread' is the long out of print and rare "Chipmunk Song". Oh yeh, and Terry's "Plastic Baby Jesus", although it was been augmented and re-mastered. The other tunes from Terry's disc have been completely re-cut.

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
12-09-2007 01:05 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-454.jpg

Registration Date: 04-30-2005
Favorite 77s album: Pray Naked, today anyway

I hope mine shows up soon. I'm anxious to hear the new songs.

Though I do wish we had a version of "Chipmunk Song" with the real Derri.

12-10-2007 13:21 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

I will pass. I can't stand Christmas music in any form whatsoever. Yes that even includes the hardcore and punk genre!

12-10-2007 14:07 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Someone New

I guess that Dean, Frank or Elvis Christmas songs don't give you the warm fuzzies. Tongue

12-10-2007 14:15 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

...I know I will regret it later, but I am having trouble getting up the urge to buy this one...

Now the Chris Isaak Christmas cd was a no brainer, in the bargain bin at Best Buy.

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
12-10-2007 14:25 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
Bob Lawbob Bob Lawbob is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-204.gif

Registration Date: 08-31-2007
Favorite 77s album: DWLIS

The Christmas album is great!! Anything the Dogs or Sevens put out is great!! Buy it, you will not regret it!! I personally have yet to find anything that I buy from 77s, Lost Dogs, or Doc Love that I regret buying and I hope they continue to put out great music for years to come!! Thanks for sharing this album as well as the '99 Live' EP, Doc!!
12-10-2007 17:04 Bob Lawbob is offline Send an Email to Bob Lawbob Search for Posts by Bob Lawbob Add Bob Lawbob to your Buddy List
God-rules God-rules is a male
Happy Roy

Registration Date: 06-03-2004

How long did it take for this to arrive?

I ordered mine, but haven't recieved yet.

Michaeldambpostalservice

I'm gonna put my carbon footprint right up a greenies lactose intolerant hind end! - squidzit 2008
12-11-2007 05:03 God-rules is offline Send an Email to God-rules Search for Posts by God-rules Add God-rules to your Buddy List
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-353.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

quote:
Originally posted by God-rules
How long did it take for this to arrive?

I ordered mine, but haven't recieved yet.

In case there are others planning messages like these, please keep in mind that in all the announcement emails, and in both the Lo-Fidelity and Lost Dogs stores it stated that we would begin taking orders on Nov.30, and that orders would begin shipping on Dec.4th.

Both the Lo-Fidelity, 77s, and Dogs stores were slammed with orders, and it took me most of last week just to catch up. All orders placed through Lo-Fidelity between the Nov.30th and last Thursday were shipped (at the latest) by last Thursday. They were filled in the order received. Based on the USPS and the Christmas push with mail, please allow 3-7 business days for your packages to arrive...no matter what store you ordered from. (The USPS actually asks for 7-10 days, but they usually do much better than that.)

Thanks again for all the orders and supporting the bands...

jeffrey k.

12-11-2007 08:42 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
God-rules God-rules is a male
Happy Roy

Registration Date: 06-03-2004

Cool, just wondering......some lucky stiffs were already talking about how great it art.

Michaelthanks!

I'm gonna put my carbon footprint right up a greenies lactose intolerant hind end! - squidzit 2008
12-11-2007 09:38 God-rules is offline Send an Email to God-rules Search for Posts by God-rules Add God-rules to your Buddy List
latencybaks latencybaks is a male
Mezzo

Registration Date: 06-17-2004

If Joey does not follow Doc's prescription, I think he should be banned from the board. We don't need defiance hear.
12-11-2007 09:44 latencybaks is offline Send an Email to latencybaks Search for Posts by latencybaks Add latencybaks to your Buddy List
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Roll Eyes

12-11-2007 10:54 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Joey T.
Mezzo

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by latencybaks
If Joey does not follow Doc's prescription, I think he should be banned from the board. We don't need defiance hear.

so, how is it? Happy

facebook
12-11-2007 11:33 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
latencybaks latencybaks is a male
Mezzo

Registration Date: 06-17-2004

Sad Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

How should I know?
12-11-2007 12:13 latencybaks is offline Send an Email to latencybaks Search for Posts by latencybaks Add latencybaks to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Mezzo

Mad Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Mad

facebook
12-11-2007 12:47 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

RE: Buy It Joey Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I forgot that another re-release on this is Derri and Steve's "Babe In The Straw" from the long out of print but wonderful compilation album NOEL that Via Records released in 1995. It also features Riki Michelle on vocals. We wanted this whole album to be available again to our fans but could not afford to re-release it so we included this one cut. It's great.

Even if you hate Xmas music, please buy these in bulk and give them as gifts -- we really need your support this season. It's a fun album that the whole family will enjoy for many holiday seasons to come.

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
The only 're=tread' is the long out of print and rare "Chipmunk Song". Oh yeh, and Terry's "Plastic Baby Jesus", although it was been augmented and re-mastered. The other tunes from Terry's disc have been completely re-cut.

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
12-11-2007 12:59 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Someone New

quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k.
Both the Lo-Fidelity, 77s, and Dogs stores were slammed with orders, and it took me most of last week just to catch up.
jeffrey k.

And that's a good thing. Cool I hope all the new releases continue to sell well.

12-11-2007 16:04 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » CD & DVD Reviews » Lost Dogs - We Like To Have Christmas

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH