77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » CD & DVD Reviews » Lost Dogs - We Like To Have Christmas » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lost Dogs - We Like To Have Christmas
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

RE: Buy It Joey Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

[quote]Originally posted by Doctor Love
we really need your support this season. .

Frown

Prayers abundantly, dear. I can still do that, at least.

12-11-2007 16:07 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-188.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Location: "i find your lack of faith disturbing.."- darth vader

Cool RE: Buy It Joey Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
I forgot that another re-release on this is Derri and Steve's "Babe In The Straw" from the long out of print but wonderful compilation album NOEL that Via Records released in 1995. It also features Riki Michelle on vocals. We wanted this whole album to be available again to our fans but could not afford to re-release it so we included this one cut. It's great.

Even if you hate Xmas music, please buy these in bulk and give them as gifts -- we really need your support this season. It's a fun album that the whole family will enjoy for many holiday seasons to come.

quote:
The only 're=tread' is the long out of print and rare "Chipmunk Song". Oh yeh, and Terry's "Plastic Baby Jesus", although it was been augmented and re-mastered. The other tunes from Terry's disc have been completely re-cut.

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
i haven't bought it yet because i already have most of it on other releases...
maybe if i heard some samples? jeffrey? please? Happy

i have noel, songs for the day after.., happy Chrimbo and happy Christmas 2 with the original version of chipmunk song...
my wife had our first child one week ago today and money is tight...
so forgive me if i pass on this one, doc... Frown
like marti, can always offer up prayers....

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

facebook
12-11-2007 16:17 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
latencybaks latencybaks is a male
Mezzo

Registration Date: 06-17-2004

Sad RE: Buy It Joey Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Marti
[quote]Originally posted by Doctor Love
we really need your support this season. .

Frown

Prayers abundantly, dear. I can still do that, at least.

ditto
12-11-2007 17:20 latencybaks is offline Send an Email to latencybaks Search for Posts by latencybaks Add latencybaks to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So...
I just got both "99" and "We Like To Have Christmas". Haven't listened to the latter, right now grooving to the former.

I have to rave about the quickness with which Lo-Fidelity filled my order. I hoped it would be quick, but it took five days total to get here, and part of that was the weekend, so probably like three business days.

Here's a side question for the good Doctor:

Why are some LD/77's discs on Lo-Fi, and some are FOTW, and some are both?

BTW, the keyboard solo on "Stellazine Prophecy" rocks. I assume this is Scott Reams. When I saw Scott play with the 7's, I first thought, "what's that teenager doing with my favorite band?" Smile

I soon, however, got schooled.

And now, being the ever impatient and unappreciative fan that I am, when's that Gospel disc coming? Big Grin

12-12-2007 11:43 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-353.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
Here's a side question for the good Doctor:

Why are some LD/77's discs on Lo-Fi, and some are FOTW, and some are both?

I'm not the Doc...but I can answer:

The discs with only the Lo-Fi symbol on them are typically releases that have been conceived, produced, and paid for by the label.

The discs with both FOTW and Lo-Fi symbols typically mean the band brought the finished disc and art to the label, and Lo-Fi took the CD through manufacturing and distribution...

The discs that are all FOTW are just that....all FOTW....!!

jeffrey k.

12-12-2007 15:15 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
nick nick is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 12-02-2004

I have the Noel Christmas CD; is the Doc on that? I dont remember him being on there?
01-09-2008 06:57 nick is offline Send an Email to nick Search for Posts by nick Add nick to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Jerry Christmas Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I got several phone calls from Nashville literally begging me to fly out and play on Noel but Via Records would not pay for it so I said 'nix nix'.

Jerry Chamberlain played in my stead and did a fabulous job. Jerry is a great guitar player and a swell guy. Some of you may have noticed that he's active again in our camp and I look forward to a lot more of that.

Doctor Love has attached this image:
jerrysfine.jpg

01-09-2008 13:54 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
JR88 JR88 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-475.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: 88

RE: Jerry Christmas Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
I got several phone calls from Nashville literally begging me to fly out and play on Noel but Via Records would not pay for it so I said 'nix nix'.

Jerry Chamberlain played in my stead and did a fabulous job. Jerry is a great guitar player and a swell guy. Some of you may have noticed that he's active again in our camp and I look forward to a lot more of that.

Jerry is good Cool

01-09-2008 14:20 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
brave sir robin
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 11-05-2008

This is my kids' fav Christmas album, we played it almost non-stop from Thanksgiving to New Years......when someone isn't paying attention to you, you just yell "Mike Roe!"
04-26-2011 05:55 brave sir robin is offline Send an Email to brave sir robin Search for Posts by brave sir robin Add brave sir robin to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

RE: Jerry Christmas Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

Jerry is the coolest!

Cool
04-28-2011 00:36 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » CD & DVD Reviews » Lost Dogs - We Like To Have Christmas

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH