77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » CD & DVD Reviews » The 77's - 99 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The 77's - 99
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
zing zing is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-594.jpg

Registration Date: 01-22-2005
Favorite 77s album: Depends on the day!

Re: 99 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Big Jim

Year '11 is creeping up on us too... Wink I know "11" maybe doesn't have the same ring to it as '88 or '99, but one can hope... Cool

Jim

Don't forget '00, if we're following the theme... I'm sure there's good stuff out there from that year!

Big Grin
12-13-2007 18:27 zing is offline Send an Email to zing Search for Posts by zing Add zing to your Buddy List
77sfan 77sfan is a male

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 06-08-2007
Favorite 77s album: The Island Album

Re: 99 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I still gotta get the scratch together to order a copy or two of this disk.

~Saint Augustine~
12-13-2007 18:39 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
Big Jim Big Jim is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 08-22-2005
Favorite 77s album: Holy Ghost Building

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by drowning
saw the lancaster show from this tour - they shared the bill with keaggy and the encore with keaggy and mike playing blues and beatles standards was over the top

I was there for this show and though over the top, I loved the Beatles tunes they played together. It was a real treat to see Roe and Keaggy going at it - two phenomenal guitarists who looked like they were genuinely enjoying playing together. If not for the blown fuse, who knows how long they would have played? Smile "Green Onions" was also great... If I'm not mistaken, that and the "Stellazine Prophecy" recording is on the fan club release "Guilty Pleasures" (the latter being the one that not only blew my mind, but blew some fuses, I think... at which point, they had to stop playing that evening). This was a 2000 concert (January, I believe?) If we're capturing a moment in time, '00 may be too close to '99 to continue that theme? Not for me to decide, but I wouldn't mind also seeing something released from 2000 too at some point in time! I know the Lancaster show from that time period contained some great tunes, many which were different than the ones recorded on 11/3/99 (for eventual release on '99!)
12-14-2007 07:03 Big Jim is offline Send an Email to Big Jim Homepage of Big Jim Search for Posts by Big Jim Add Big Jim to your Buddy List
nick nick is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 12-02-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Oh to get more of Phil and Mike jamming together would be awesome!
12-17-2007 08:59 nick is offline Send an Email to nick Search for Posts by nick Add nick to your Buddy List
pass the bacon
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-440.jpg

Registration Date: 08-27-2007
Favorite 77s album: that really, really good one

phil & some guy jamming Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"We are not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us, we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be" - C.S. Lewis
12-17-2007 11:36 pass the bacon is offline Send an Email to pass the bacon Search for Posts by pass the bacon Add pass the bacon to your Buddy List
nick nick is a male
Baby Elvis

Oh man that would be cool to hear also! Didn't he play at McCartney's daughters or niece or somethings wedding? That is cool for McCartney to be "friends" with Phil...THEY should do an album together also.....and bring Mike in to help too! YES!
12-17-2007 11:52 nick is offline Send an Email to nick Search for Posts by nick Add nick to your Buddy List
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

RE: phil & some guy jamming Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by pass the bacon

Why are they on a bed together?

12-17-2007 14:35 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

RE: phil & some guy jamming Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nailtatt
quote:
Originally posted by pass the bacon

Why are they on a bed together?

Phil described the meeting in the February 1991 issue of the old Phil Keaggy Newsletter (Volume 1, Number 1), under the title "Paul Meets Phil...,"

Recently, I played and sang at the wedding of my friends Don Malcolm and Laura McCartney [I think he meant Laura Eastman?]. Laura is the sister of Linda McCartney. It seemed a sure thing that at least Linda would be at the wedding. As it turned out, husband Paul was one of the groomsmen and his wife and children were bridesmaids.
I enjoyed doing my part in this lovely wedding. I sang, "Two of You," "Here and Now," and "What a Wonder." I played on the guitar, "I Love You Lord."

Yes, I was a bit nervous, Paul standing only a few feet away listening and watching attentively. After the first shaky line of "Here and Now" I focused upon Bernadette, then of course on the bride and groom. Smooth sailing from then on...

We all met the night before at the rehearsal dinner. There was a good deal of God's presence throughout. Many believers were there from the United States as well as from Europe, although the attendance was no greater than 50 people. Paul and Linda and their children were quite friendly. Paul said "Now tomorrow, just have fun and be of good voice."

After the wedding Paul said, "You did a fine job" to me. He also said, "you sound a lot like James Taylor!" I better start listening to James Taylor again I suppose.

For a brief moment upstairs in the Eastman's house, Paul and I had a bit of a jam with acoustic guitars. He was very obliging and generous with his time.

As you know, I've been a "Mac" fan for some time... at least 28 years now! I wish him and his family all the best. It seems to me that they are nice folks and God loves them very much.

Laura and Don are two of the finest Christian people I've met and very dedicated to sharing Christ with people everywhere they go. They now live in Italy and have a ministry together there.

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 12-17-2007 16:03.

12-17-2007 16:00 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
nick nick is a male
Baby Elvis

Wow. It seems weird to think of Phil being nervous...he even seemed nervous in the letter or maybe it was excitement but anyways that's cool. Thanks for sharing as I too was wondering why they were meeting in a bed! Smile
12-18-2007 06:31 nick is offline Send an Email to nick Search for Posts by nick Add nick to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

Yeah, some things just make you wonder. Shocked

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 12-19-2007 18:04.

12-19-2007 18:03 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
77sfan 77sfan is a male

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 06-08-2007
Favorite 77s album: The Island Album

Lo and behold and copy of 99 was under the tree for me! My lovely bride ordered me a copy for Christmas.

Thanks to lo-fidelity and the 77's for a great disk. It's been in heavy rotation today.

~Saint Augustine~
12-25-2007 20:55 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
dennis
Happy Roy

Very nice! Cool
12-26-2007 08:25 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Sharon Sharon is a female
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 06-07-2004
Favorite 77s album: 88 Miserable Crows Drowning

I just finally got this and am totally enjoying it. I can't get over "The Stellazine Prophecy." It ROCKS!

01-28-2008 19:25 Sharon is offline Send an Email to Sharon Search for Posts by Sharon Add Sharon to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

I gotta cut loose with some of my Christmas money stash...

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
01-28-2008 21:46 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
dennis
Happy Roy

Picked up 99 at the Ames concert.
I have listened to it and and a half times.
Half on the way home last night after the show and the entire CD today.
Very good.
Love The Smithereens "Blood & Roses" cover.

I think the 77s may be the best band on the planet.

Cool
06-25-2008 15:42 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

quote:
Originally posted by dennis

I think the 77s may be the best band on the planet.

Cool

OF COURSE they are, sir! Pleased

06-25-2008 21:11 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » CD & DVD Reviews » The 77's - 99

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH