77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » 77s songs you would like to see given a makeover » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 77s songs you would like to see given a makeover
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

77s songs you would like to see given a makeover Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Makeover doesn't necessarily mean "improvement", just maybe a different feel. I'd be interested in....

Blue Sky - A stripped down version like some of you may have heard in a live setting.

Wild Blue - The 88 version smokes. No doubt. But I always felt this thing deserved an official "album version" treatment. (Ain't gonna happen, I know)

UUUU - Just a tougher sounding version altogether. The drums on the More Miserable version sound like "drum machine" drums (are they?). Still cool though...

10-05-2007 15:58 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Alex Alex is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-115.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2005
Favorite 77s album: Eighty Eight

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'd like to hear new studio versions of "Mercy Mercy", "Perfect Blues" and "You don't scare me". Less eighties- sounding, if you understand. On "88 live" they sound much better than the original recordings.

Also, I was always hoping for studio recordings of "Wild Blue", "Mary and the baby Elvis" and "Where it's at" - but according to Mike this ain't gonna happen. And if they don't fit to the upcoming CD, they won't fit anywhere.

I'd also like to hear Mike sing "Jesus drove a Cadillac" instead of Sean Doty. Great little song.

Alex

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Alex: 10-08-2007 00:32.

10-08-2007 00:31 Alex is offline Send an Email to Alex Homepage of Alex Search for Posts by Alex Add Alex to your Buddy List
Nekkid Prey Nekkid Prey is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-06-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Live Versions of 88-Exclusive Tracks Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Alex,

I don't want to see studio versions of those tracks. I think that could potentially ruin them. As I see, er, hear it, the live tracks are PERFECT and need no studio wizardry.

Best,

Mike

10-20-2007 19:55 Nekkid Prey is offline Send an Email to Nekkid Prey Homepage of Nekkid Prey Search for Posts by Nekkid Prey Add Nekkid Prey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Nekkid Prey: Nekkid Prey YIM Account Name of Nekkid Prey: mike_beidler
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-454.jpg

Registration Date: 04-30-2005
Favorite 77s album: Pray Naked, today anyway

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think it's time for something different. Bring on the Elvis covers album!

11-20-2007 22:08 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

quote:
Originally posted by Alex
I'd also like to hear Mike sing "Jesus drove a Cadillac" instead of Sean Doty. Great little song.

Alex

I like to hear Mike sing "Jesus just left Chicago." Pleased
12-16-2007 05:23 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by Kit

quote:
Originally posted by Alex
"Perfect Blues"

Man, I don't know if this CAN be improved. Other than the first guitar solo part that seems a little too loud, and the that feedback beep (which I kind of like), I think they otherwise nailed it.

12-16-2007 09:53 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » 77s songs you would like to see given a makeover

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH