77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Looking for Ping Pong Over The Abyss - CD » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Looking for Ping Pong Over The Abyss - CD
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 Looking for Ping Pong Over The Abyss - CD Zeppo 07-07-2007 09:50
 RE: Looking for Ping Pong Over The Abyss - CD audiori 07-07-2007 10:16
 RE: Looking for Ping Pong Over The Abyss - CD Nailtatt 07-07-2007 15:46
 RE: Looking for Ping Pong Over The Abyss - CD audiori 07-08-2007 11:50
 80s Musics Are Becoming Popular Zeppo 07-08-2007 17:39
 RE: Looking for Ping Pong Over The Abyss - CD dfroystad 07-11-2007 12:34
 RE: Looking for Ping Pong Over The Abyss - CD Zeppo 07-07-2007 15:23
 Re: 77s bkratzer 07-07-2007 20:08
 RE: Looking for Ping Pong Over The Abyss - CD Nailtatt 07-11-2007 14:34
 RE: Looking for Ping Pong Over The Abyss - CD audiori 07-11-2007 16:24
 RE: Looking for Ping Pong Over The Abyss - CD herringostarr 07-11-2007 19:20
 RE: Looking for Ping Pong Over The Abyss - CD larryl 07-11-2007 19:35
 RE: Looking for Ping Pong Over The Abyss - CD Nailtatt 07-11-2007 20:56
 RE: Looking for Ping Pong Over The Abyss - CD Zudrak 07-11-2007 21:12
 RE: Looking for Ping Pong Over The Abyss - CD Ping Pong Over the Abyss 07-14-2007 08:13

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Zeppo Zeppo is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 07-06-2007
Favorite 77s album: Ping Pong Over the Abyss

Looking for Ping Pong Over The Abyss - CD Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi,

Does anyone have the CD to Ping Pong over the Abyss? I would like to buy one. I am not interested in the 123 set. I have the second and third CD. Please send me an email. zeppo@rock.com Thank you.

Zeppo
07-07-2007 09:50 Zeppo is offline Send an Email to Zeppo Search for Posts by Zeppo Add Zeppo to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There will be a way to get a CDR copy of it through the website soon. If you don't find a regular copy between now and then, there will always be that option. Or, if you see the Lost Dogs on tour, you can also pick up an autographed CDR copy from them.
07-07-2007 10:16 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
There will be a way to get a CDR copy of it through the website soon. If you don't find a regular copy between now and then, there will always be that option. Or, if you see the Lost Dogs on tour, you can also pick up an autographed CDR copy from them.

Is there no way to re-release 123 or is this another situation where it is not possible because of the original deal with the record company or whatever. It just seems like the 77's could make some good dough off of a re-issue of this and others even if it was limited because of budget or whatever. Just curious.

07-07-2007 15:46 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Administrator

quote:

Is there no way to re-release 123 or is this another situation where it is not possible because of the original deal with the record company or whatever. It just seems like the 77's could make some good dough off of a re-issue of this and others even if it was limited because of budget or whatever. Just curious.

There has been discussions going on about remastering and reissuing as much of the back catalog as possible. I don't know if they'd want to actually redo the 123 set or just rerelease each album individually. There's definitely a demand for reissues.... its just a matter of working out a deal that will do it correctly.
07-08-2007 11:50 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Zeppo Zeppo is a male
Someone New

Thread Starter Thread Started by Zeppo
80s Musics Are Becoming Popular Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You know that I hoped that words get around to a lot of these 80s Christian Music Artists like 77s and others that the 80s musics are becoming popular. I listen to Mix969.com where they play the 80s, 90s and Todays. It appeared that these music artists from the 80s are making a comeback in re-releasing their old CDs and getting back together to do tours playing. They packed out the concert halls. It is happening.

I really think that it is about time right now to see the 77s do something. I really think that their first three CDs is great, stylish and unique. I can really put them up there at the same level with these other secular pop/rock artists. Just watching the 77s DVD, I enjoy listening those music. Talk about their passion for playing. It would be great if 77s would take their first three CDs and others CDs to put them on iTunes plus with other Christian artists like them. It is time. I really get tired of listening to these cliche "Christian" bands that have no uniqueness and twist to their music.

I can remember in the mid-90s seeing Charlie Peacock and Out of Grey coming to town where they packed out a church that can hold 800 (twice, two concerts in one night). I was amazed by their passion. Passionate Christian Music Artists are very few and hard to find. It would be great to see some great comebacks. Hmmm....we'll see. :-)
07-08-2007 17:39 Zeppo is offline Send an Email to Zeppo Search for Posts by Zeppo Add Zeppo to your Buddy List
dfroystad dfroystad is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 10-13-2004

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
There has been discussions going on about remastering and reissuing as much of the back catalog as possible. I don't know if they'd want to actually redo the 123 set or just rerelease each album individually. There's definitely a demand for reissues.... its just a matter of working out a deal that will do it correctly.

I would prefer if they did each album individually, with some bonus tracks perhaps....?
07-11-2007 12:34 dfroystad is offline Send an Email to dfroystad Search for Posts by dfroystad Add dfroystad to your Buddy List
Zeppo Zeppo is a male
Someone New

Thread Starter Thread Started by Zeppo

It would be great to download the album, Ping Pong, if it is possible and put it in my iPod to listen to it while I drive and work around where I live. I remember that I was 20 years old when Ping Pong first came out and thought that this is one of the greatest Christian Rock Album. 77's is unique and there is no other band like them. I have noticed in the last ten years that there have been so many Christian singers trying to make it in the business. The majority of them sounds so cliche in the musics and lyrics. Got tired of listening to these boring singers. I enjoy 77's. I was listening to a few of the 77's CDs like All Fall Down, The 77's, and 88. It is so refreshing to listen to these CDs. I just wished there were more bands out there like them. I hear about this Lost Dogs, and wondered what they are like. I am very much into Rock and Alternative group that unique and different in their playing musics. Right now, I just ordered this New 77's DVD. Anxiously, waiting. Thank you for the reply.
07-07-2007 15:23 Zeppo is offline Send an Email to Zeppo Search for Posts by Zeppo Add Zeppo to your Buddy List
bkratzer bkratzer is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 07-02-2007
Favorite 77s album: sticks and stones

Re: 77s Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You are certainly right on with your comments on the 77s. When I found them, it was a good day, indeed! You may know these, but if you are searching for good rock and roll with a Christian twist...make sure you have found The Violet Burning, Charlie Peacock, The Choir, Thousand Foot Krutch, and yes, you will want to get the Dogs. A little different, but enjoyable.

07-07-2007 20:08 bkratzer is offline Send an Email to bkratzer Search for Posts by bkratzer Add bkratzer to your Buddy List
Rocks in your Head

Bonus tracks would be really cool and attract many more buyers also!

07-11-2007 14:34 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Administrator

Yeah I don't know whats available for bonus tracks on most of these albums, but thats the direction they had been leaning I think. If they do this CDR thing for a while, they almost have to do something like that on any reissue if they expect to make any money on it.
07-11-2007 16:24 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
herringostarr herringostarr is a male
Praying Naked

images/avatars/avatar-420.jpg

Registration Date: 09-03-2005

It may be kinda hokey to some folks but I think a few bonus tracks of updated recordings of tunes on the album would be cool...Kinda like "It's So Sad" (the version they did on the Dogs' disc). I'd LOVE to hear updated/reworked versions of some of the older tunes!! Just a thought...

07-11-2007 19:20 herringostarr is offline Send an Email to herringostarr Search for Posts by herringostarr Add herringostarr to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

mike has not seemed big on the idea of revisiting old songs, when that has been mentioned before....... though i think it's a cool idea, too.

07-11-2007 19:35 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Rocks in your Head

From what I hear from the good Doctor himself, CDR's are already available on tour and as the audiori said, the web store will have them soon going all the way back to the beginning!

07-11-2007 20:56 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-243.jpg

Registration Date: 07-18-2006
Favorite 77s album: A Golden Field of Radioactive

quote:
Originally posted by Nailtatt
From what I hear from the good Doctor himself, CDR's are already available on tour and as the audiori said, the web store will have them soon going all the way back to the beginning!

This is true, in that I bought "Scenic Routes" at the Somerset, NJ show. I don't know about 77's music, though, as the sheet we were given had only Lost Dogs' albums listed. One could either purchase a CD-R with any 10 Lost Dogs songs on it or with an entire album on it. Since I only have been able to find "Scenic" on cassette, I purchased it on CD-R.

It is possible that the members' other bands or solo works are available, but they weren't on the sheet there and I didn't think to ask. With that said, I am VERY pleased with completing my Lost Dogs collection. Now to get the rest of Dr. Love's work by himself and with the 77's. I look forward to getting the "More Miserable..." and "88" CD's.

-Psalm 73:26

Michael 4 & Michael 77
07-11-2007 21:12 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
Ping Pong Over the Abyss Ping Pong Over the Abyss is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-202.gif

Registration Date: 02-21-2006
Favorite 77s album: Too Many...!

quote:
Originally posted by Nailtatt

This is true. I purchased Happy Chrimbo, Guilty Pleasures, and More Miserable CD-Rs from the good Dr. a while back also. Cool

07-14-2007 08:13 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Looking for Ping Pong Over The Abyss - CD

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH