77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Has anyone heard of... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Has anyone heard of... 5 Votes - Average Rating: 3.405 Votes - Average Rating: 3.405 Votes - Average Rating: 3.40
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
nick nick is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 12-02-2004

Has anyone heard of... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Global Electronic Music Market Place? They have something that I want to buy but it is coming from United Kingdom and I haven't heard of this place before. It seems to be set up like some of the others I have used but not sure if I want to do it or not. Any suggestions on if it is a good source or not?
05-03-2007 06:13 nick is offline Send an Email to nick Search for Posts by nick Add nick to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-475.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: 88

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

never heard of it Confused

05-03-2007 07:18 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
Mark Mark is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-373.jpg

Registration Date: 05-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Island Album

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

GEMM.com

It's a giant website to find music. I have looked at it numerous times, but have not purchased anything. Though buyers list their items, it may not always be up to date. You also have to read the dealers reviews to see if they are any good. This website is widely used to find music that is hard to find or out of print. Items are set at a fixed price, unlike Ebay. It's actually pretty cool.

05-03-2007 11:08 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
DoItForLove DoItForLove is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 12-31-2005
Favorite 77s album: 1987

RE: Has anyone heard of... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Are you referring to www.gemm.com? If so, there is no reason not to trust the site itself. Any given seller has an individual rating. In fact, I believe there are separate ratings for service, order fullfillment, etc. Order from a good user and you increase your chances of being satisfied. Order from a poorly rated user...not so happy.

What is it you are looking for? If it is a CD you can probably find it elsewhere for cheaper. If an LP - probably as good a chance there as anywhere, but likely to be at least as cheap and reliable on ebay.
05-05-2007 20:19 DoItForLove is offline Send an Email to DoItForLove Search for Posts by DoItForLove Add DoItForLove to your Buddy List
nick nick is a male
Baby Elvis

Thread Starter Thread Started by nick

I was looking at getting the Byrds "boxset" that came out a few years ago that came with three of the reissued CDs I haven't seen it on ebay but I did find it at Amazon. But now I am not sure if I am going to get it or just get the music off I-tunes or just get the Cds because it is a lot more expensive for really not a lot more than just a case to hold the Cds in. That would be cool but when you have two kids and a limited budget it puts things more in perspective! Smile Still thinking about it.
Thanks
05-09-2007 06:48 nick is offline Send an Email to nick Search for Posts by nick Add nick to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-373.jpg

Favorite 77s album: Island Album

Which Byrds boxset?

This one was released October 1990.

and this one was released September 26, 2006.

05-09-2007 17:11 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
nick nick is a male
Baby Elvis

I have the first box set that was released in 1990 and from what I have read there is not a whole lot of difference in the newest one so I most likely will not get that(money tight of course) but what I was looking for was the box that came with the actually remastered CDs that they did, I think it came with 4 and then you had to buy the others to put them in there. I have since realized that to pay too much more for a box (because it doesn't come with anything else "special") really isn't worth it and then looked at just getting the CDs but some of them are high priced already as I guess they are out of print already so I have looked and can get them through i-tunes but then I don't get the interviews etc. that come in the booklet...soooo thinking between what I can afford and what I want....not decided yet. Does anyone have any of the reissue Cds, are they worth it just for the booklets or should I just get the itunes versions? Especially the reunion they did in, I think, the late 70's. I have that on Vinyl but want it on CD but don't know if the reissue has anything worth reading in it or not.
THanks
05-22-2007 08:29 nick is offline Send an Email to nick Search for Posts by nick Add nick to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

I have the 1990 one.
05-23-2007 16:48 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
eugene
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 07-21-2004
Location: "burt brother im not the 1 whosevil . its the devil your anniversary who prowls about liek a roarin lion seeeking who 2 devore"- tor replying to nails..... :D

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

how is this on-topic? Confused

05-23-2007 17:21 eugene is offline Send an Email to eugene Search for Posts by eugene Add eugene to your Buddy List
nick nick is a male
Baby Elvis

Good point....just used to posting here and did it by habit....oops sorry...ummm the 77s had a Byrds type of sound on some songs soooo there....and actually I started looking at GEMMS because of the discussion about ROck and Religion show stuff and I just made the transfer in my mind...you can't read my mind...man!
05-23-2007 17:49 nick is offline Send an Email to nick Search for Posts by nick Add nick to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

Free as a Byrd.
05-24-2007 09:02 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
tom tom blue tom tom blue is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-268.jpg

Favorite 77s album: STICKS & STONES

anybody ever heard of...

www.allofmp3.com

05-24-2007 16:43 tom tom blue is offline Send an Email to tom tom blue Homepage of tom tom blue Search for Posts by tom tom blue Add tom tom blue to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of tom tom blue: raelzoo
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Has anyone heard of...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH