77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Another Roe Interview » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Another Roe Interview
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Another Roe Interview Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Mike just gave me a link to an interview he did back in the fall of '05. I am sure some of you have read it but it is very interesting and really puts into perspective where he is at with the whole 77's deal and so on. Scroll down on the left side to Mike's name.

http://www.joe-mammy.com/pages/features/features.htm

04-18-2007 09:17 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
snowblind snowblind is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-404.gif

Registration Date: 03-28-2006

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Nice interview... Cool

04-18-2007 11:15 snowblind is offline Send an Email to snowblind Homepage of snowblind Search for Posts by snowblind Add snowblind to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thats a good'n..

& always nice to see those Green Room tour pics continuing to get some use... Big Grin
04-18-2007 14:19 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
nick nick is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 12-02-2004

Man, that is great! I love the audio clips! That is so much how I picture Mike. Ok, Dave you NEED to move back!!!! Does anyone know if any of the interviews he was talking about were recorded or are anywhere, like the Doors or Grateful Dead? Could you imagine hearing Mike interviewing some of those guys? It would be awesome!
04-19-2007 06:34 nick is offline Send an Email to nick Search for Posts by nick Add nick to your Buddy List
Administrator

The Rock and Religion (RockScope) Radio Shows are floating around out there... you can occasionally find one on Ebay or someplace like that.

I tried to compile a list of all of the show dates and subjects...

Anyone have any Rock & Religion Radio shows?
04-19-2007 06:51 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
JohnL JohnL is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-311.jpg

Registration Date: 07-11-2006
Favorite 77s album: Crows

I can't believe that Mike doesn't like Crows... I think that is a freaking masterpiece...
04-19-2007 11:53 JohnL is offline Send an Email to JohnL Search for Posts by JohnL Add JohnL to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

I thought Crows was half brilliance/half misfires.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Kit: 04-19-2007 18:34.

04-19-2007 18:34 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
snowblind snowblind is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-404.gif

Registration Date: 03-28-2006

I would have liked to hear more of his take on Safe As Milk where the tape ran out... Oh well...

04-19-2007 19:48 snowblind is offline Send an Email to snowblind Homepage of snowblind Search for Posts by snowblind Add snowblind to your Buddy List
zing zing is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-594.jpg

Registration Date: 01-22-2005
Favorite 77s album: Depends on the day!

Call Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So did Mike ever get the call from Brian Wilson?
04-21-2007 08:44 zing is offline Send an Email to zing Search for Posts by zing Add zing to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

Sad RE: Call Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by zing
So did Mike ever get the call from Brian Wilson?

Yes

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by peawinkel: 04-24-2007 15:19.

04-21-2007 11:19 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

I've got this saved, and will listen when I find a rig that allows me to do so.

I've had a love/hate thing with Crows. I wondered what was going on when I first heard it, and then learn to like it in parts. I still tend to listen to a few songs at a time, since I connect differently to different parts of the album.

04-22-2007 14:39 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
nick nick is a male
Baby Elvis

Oh man, radio shows with Roger McGuinn and Scratch Band and Kansas and so many others! These would be awesome! Are they actual ligit things or are they just copies of the shows like from the radio or are they like the DA ones that they released with their albums? Just curious because I would like to hunt some of these down!
04-23-2007 10:56 nick is offline Send an Email to nick Search for Posts by nick Add nick to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

I hope the old shows located will be publicly accessible. I'd love to have information from the era that I missed.

04-24-2007 14:52 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Administrator

You can find the actual vinyl copies of the radio show from time to time... they're popular with a lot of record collectors. I've even seen websites dedicated to some of these artists that will list them in their discographies. Happy I've heard there are cassettes of some shows as well.

My brother and I have managed to track down copies of all of the shows listed... some of the others seem to be pretty hard to find.
04-24-2007 20:53 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
nick nick is a male
Baby Elvis

Well, since this discussion has got me interested in some of these Rock and Religion stuff I have been looking for some of them, especially the Byrds, as I love their music. But anyways I found this at one place. I'm guessing Audiori already has this but I thought I would make sure!
http://www1.gemm.com/item/MCGUIRE-c-BARR...W/GML779850992/
04-26-2007 07:39 nick is offline Send an Email to nick Search for Posts by nick Add nick to your Buddy List
Verve
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-222.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2007

Interesting interview, the guy has interviewed a nice odd selection there.

04-26-2007 08:03 Verve is offline Send an Email to Verve Search for Posts by Verve Add Verve to your Buddy List
Scoller Scoller is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-217.jpg

Registration Date: 04-27-2007
Favorite 77s album: 88

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yes, very good!
04-28-2007 14:43 Scoller is offline Send an Email to Scoller Search for Posts by Scoller Add Scoller to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-475.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: 88

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

great stuff Happy

04-30-2007 07:22 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Another Roe Interview

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH