77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » $7.90 for a limited time » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page $7.90 for a limited time 3 Votes - Average Rating: 4.003 Votes - Average Rating: 4.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-86.jpg

Registration Date: 09-17-2004

Text $7.90 for a limited time Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well you can not get them signed or put them under your pillow while you sleep, but...

It's a $7.90 sale! All full album downloads are $7.90 for a limited time.

http://www.thechoirdownloads.com/

incl: The Lost Dogs - Mutt & Island Dreams Cool
09-26-2006 12:37 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
snowblind snowblind is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-404.gif

Registration Date: 03-28-2006
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's been that way for a while (at least 6 months), but I guess there's no time limit on "limited". I recently downloaded The Choir's "O How the Mighty Have Fallen" and Adam Again "In a New World of Time". Both excellent (and $7.90). Big Grin

09-26-2006 13:00 snowblind is offline Send an Email to snowblind Homepage of snowblind Search for Posts by snowblind Add snowblind to your Buddy List
Alex Alex is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-115.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2005
Favorite 77s album: Eighty Eight

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

They don't do Paypal Crying

Alex

09-27-2006 06:17 Alex is offline Send an Email to Alex Homepage of Alex Search for Posts by Alex Add Alex to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

We do. Happy And ya get a nice booklet and case to go with it.
09-27-2006 08:38 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

quote:
Originally posted by audiori

they have their full back catalog available.

do you ?

09-27-2006 09:07 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Richard Noggin'
unregistered

I wouldn't pay that much for any Choir album. Most of them are only worth about .790 in my opinion.
09-27-2006 09:10
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-86.jpg

Registration Date: 09-17-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by LuR KiNG

quote:

YeS, and you can get them signed and put them under your pillow while you sleep Pleased I did / do Cool

http://www.thelostdogs.com/store/

09-27-2006 09:23 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Noggin'
I wouldn't pay that much for any Choir album. Most of them are only worth about .790 in my opinion.

that opinion is worth less than .790...... Big Grin Big Grin

they are one of my favorite bands ever, and on some days, they take the top spot.

09-27-2006 09:25 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Alex Alex is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-115.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2005
Favorite 77s album: Eighty Eight

quote:
Originally posted by LuR KiNG
quote:

YeS, and you can get them signed and put them under your pillow while you sleep Pleased I did / do Cool

http://www.thelostdogs.com/store/

I always sleep with "Island dreams" and "Mutt" under my pillow. But I still miss a few choir albums that you don't sell.

Alex

09-27-2006 09:31 Alex is offline Send an Email to Alex Homepage of Alex Search for Posts by Alex Add Alex to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by larryl
quote:

do you ?

The Choirs? No, we don't. We're not a Choir store...

As for MUTT and Island Dreams (which are the titles listed in the first post)... yes, we do.
09-27-2006 09:31 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

quote:
quote:
quote:

do you ?

The Choirs? No, we don't. We're not a Choir store...

As for MUTT and Island Dreams (which are the titles listed in the first post)... yes, we do.

ha.

you knew what i meant.

we need a download store for OOP DA and 77s.

09-27-2006 09:43 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Administrator

I knew what you meant, but I don't really see where you're going with it. Every band has a different situation - just because the Choir can do it doesn't mean everyone else can. Selling downloads is no different legally than rereleasing something on CD... you have to have the rights to do the CD or the download. And if you do have the rights to do one, you don't necessarily have the rights to do the other. A lot of stuff is OOP because they don't have the rights to rerelease it (including in download form).

- Currently, DA would only have the rights to put up a few titles. We are working to get the rights to reissue some of the others, but it's hard and always tied to restrictions and limitations as to how we can release them. If we did a DA download store right now, you wouldn't see much that wasn't already in the regular store. There is some discussions about putting up some rarities in a download store.. but it wouldn't be regular titles for the most part.

- 77s... there are discussions about reissues going on... we've been trying to get things moving in that direction - We've been talking to Mike about that in the last few weeks in fact. In some cases, I believe they'd like to get some of the albums remastered before they are rereleased. We do hope to have something reissued in the near future though.. a download store would be easier on the Sevens side than on the DA side, but my guess is it would be connected with any remastered rereleases. It's been talked about a lot.. something will probably happen with that in the not-to-distant future.
09-27-2006 09:53 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Richard Noggin'
unregistered

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Noggin'

that opinion is worth less than .790...... Big Grin Big Grin

they are one of my favorite bands ever, and on some days, they take the top spot.

I did qualify my statement at the end, by stating, "in my opinion." You are entitled to yours, I'm entitled to mine. Cool
09-27-2006 12:36
Tor The Magical Eunuch
Pearl Before Swine

images/avatars/avatar-516.jpg

Registration Date: 04-11-2005

m y opinon Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i vorted.

09-28-2006 12:53 Tor The Magical Eunuch is offline Search for Posts by Tor The Magical Eunuch Add Tor The Magical Eunuch to your Buddy List
VeeDub VeeDub is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 05-06-2005

Reissues to get some albums back in print, and possibly improve the sound, is a superb idea. The only $.02 I'd throw in is...PLEASE, PLEASE don't remaster them at ear-splitting, brick-wall levels and kill the dynamics of the original recordings. This recent trend that is prevalent throughout the music industry is absolutely disgusting (IMHO).
10-01-2006 21:41 VeeDub is offline Send an Email to VeeDub Search for Posts by VeeDub Add VeeDub to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » $7.90 for a limited time

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH