77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » It's all about YOU... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (7): « first ... « previous 5 6 [7] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page It's all about YOU... 12 Votes - Average Rating: 7.7512 Votes - Average Rating: 7.7512 Votes - Average Rating: 7.75
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Dar77 Dar77 is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 11-02-2011
Favorite 77s album: Pray Naked

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

My writing style is a bit like Steven King, but more along the Shawshank and Stand by Me vein.

I'd love to write more, but for now my day job takes most of my time. We will see what the future brings Smile

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on others lives" - Inscribed on Jackie Robinson's tombstone.
01-19-2012 15:13 Dar77 is offline Send an Email to Dar77 Homepage of Dar77 Search for Posts by Dar77 Add Dar77 to your Buddy List
Ping Pong Over the Abyss Ping Pong Over the Abyss is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-202.gif

Registration Date: 02-21-2006
Favorite 77s album: Too Many...!

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Another writer on the board...cool beans! Cool

01-19-2012 16:35 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
Dar77 Dar77 is a male
Baby Elvis

Who is the other writer or writers? Anyone I may have read or might be able to look into?

Thanks Smile

Darin

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on others lives" - Inscribed on Jackie Robinson's tombstone.
01-20-2012 10:20 Dar77 is offline Send an Email to Dar77 Homepage of Dar77 Search for Posts by Dar77 Add Dar77 to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

It depends on what you consider "writing". I've never taken on novels, but I write poems and essays.

01-20-2012 10:35 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Dar77 Dar77 is a male
Baby Elvis

Thats cool. I think "writing" belongs to everyone. No one can say your not a "writer"...they just don't have the right Smile

Getting published can be rather difficult though. I was forunate, but I know many struggle to find a willing publisher, at least one that is not a "self-publishing" company. Those can be very expensive.

My publisher is small, but they intend to build a strong foundation by being very selective with what they publish. I hope to put them on the map...so to speak. Although, I do wish there was more financial clout behind my book, just so we could get more advertising going. It is hard to compete, even if your material is great.

You should post some of your writings. I'm sure I and others would like to read it. Perhaps in a new thread?

Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dar77: 01-20-2012 13:12.

01-20-2012 13:11 Dar77 is offline Send an Email to Dar77 Homepage of Dar77 Search for Posts by Dar77 Add Dar77 to your Buddy List
Ping Pong Over the Abyss Ping Pong Over the Abyss is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-202.gif

Registration Date: 02-21-2006
Favorite 77s album: Too Many...!

I might have to swing that later. Start off with a novella, one involving a main character whose nickname is "Music Head." Big Grin

01-20-2012 16:17 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

I think we attempted a thread for original writing once. I don't think it lasted very long. I may be mistaken, but I think our long-lost friend, Tor, was the inspiration for it.

01-20-2012 23:28 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Pages (7): « first ... « previous 5 6 [7] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » It's all about YOU...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH