77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Your Best Of 77's CD » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Your Best Of 77's CD
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mark Mark is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-373.jpg

Registration Date: 05-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Island Album

Thumb Up! Your Best Of 77's CD Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What songs would be on your Best Of The 77's CD if you could make it?

Here is a list I came up with. I actually have these songs and a couple more that take up 3 CD's. I don't have them in front of me to see what's missing.

Mark's Best Of The 77's:
Thief Song
A Different Kind Of Light
Denomination Blues (That’s All)
Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba
Mercy Mercy
You Don’t Scare Me
Caught In An Unguarded Moment
Someone New
Do It For Love
I Can’t Get Over It
Pearls Before Swine
The Lust, The Flesh, The Eyes & The Pride Of Life
Bottom Line
MT
Nowhere Else
This Is The Way Love Is
Perfect Blues
God Sends Quails
Locked Inside This Moment
Miserable
UUUU
The Treasure In You
Tattoo
Woody
The Rain Kept Falling In Love
Nuts For You
Nobody’s Fault But Mine
Snowblind
Snake
Dave’s Blues
For Crying Out Loud
Rocks In Your Head
The Years Go Down
Sevens
Unbalanced
Blue Sky
The Best I Have
Related (Radio Mix)
Genuine
Mr. Magoo
I’ve Got
Born On Separate Days
Dig My Heels

08-30-2006 11:12 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
tom tom blue tom tom blue is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-268.jpg

Favorite 77s album: STICKS & STONES

RE: Your Best Of 77's CD Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
What songs would be on your Best Of The 77's CD if you could make it?

Here is a list I came up with. I actually have these songs and a couple more that take up 3 CD's. I don't have them in front of me to see what's missing.

Mark's Best Of The 77's:
Thief Song
Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba
Mercy Mercy
You Don’t Scare Me
Someone New
Do It For Love
I Can’t Get Over It
Pearls Before Swine
Bottom Line
MT
Nowhere Else
This Is The Way Love Is
Perfect Blues
God Sends Quails
Miserable
UUUU
The Treasure In You
Tattoo
Woody
Nuts For You
Nobody’s Fault But Mine
Snowblind
Snake
Dave’s Blues
For Crying Out Loud
Rocks In Your Head
The Years Go Down
Sevens
Unbalanced
Blue Sky
The Best I Have
Related (Radio Mix)
Genuine
Mr. Magoo
I’ve Got
Born On Separate Days
Dig My Heels

thief song-what is that one?

08-30-2006 11:24 tom tom blue is offline Send an Email to tom tom blue Homepage of tom tom blue Search for Posts by tom tom blue Add tom tom blue to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of tom tom blue: raelzoo
JohnL JohnL is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-311.jpg

Registration Date: 07-11-2006
Favorite 77s album: Crows

RE: Your Best Of 77's CD Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by tom tom blue
[quote]Originally posted by Mark

thief song-what is that one?

I was wondering the same thing...
08-30-2006 11:27 JohnL is offline Send an Email to JohnL Search for Posts by JohnL Add JohnL to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-373.jpg

Favorite 77s album: Island Album

Thread Starter Thread Started by Mark
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's actually a Scratch Band song that's on No Sense Of History/Shirley, Goodness & Misery.

08-30-2006 11:34 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Mezzo

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ok thanks

08-30-2006 11:43 tom tom blue is offline Send an Email to tom tom blue Homepage of tom tom blue Search for Posts by tom tom blue Add tom tom blue to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of tom tom blue: raelzoo
herringostarr herringostarr is a male
Praying Naked

images/avatars/avatar-420.jpg

Registration Date: 09-03-2005

AhhhAAhhhAHAHAAAHAAAAaaahhhh!!!!

I didn't see "Outskirts" on the list!!!

Crying

That has to be on my "top 5 list" of 77's numbers...

Cool

08-30-2006 12:20 herringostarr is offline Send an Email to herringostarr Search for Posts by herringostarr Add herringostarr to your Buddy List
Alex Alex is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-115.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2005
Favorite 77s album: Eighty Eight

Mercy Mercy
You Don’t Scare Me
Do It For Love
MT
Nowhere Else
This Is The Way Love Is
Perfect Blues (live)
Miserable
Tattoo
Woody
Nuts For You
Snake
Dave’s Blues
For Crying Out Loud
Rocks In Your Head
Outskirts
The Years Go Down
Blue Sky
Related (Radio Mix)
Genuine
Dig My Heels

08-30-2006 14:19 Alex is offline Send an Email to Alex Homepage of Alex Search for Posts by Alex Add Alex to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

Clocking in at 1:19:25, mine would look a little like this. Of course, a lot of sacrifices had to be made. "Mercy Mercy" made it because it was the only song short enough once I got to around one hour, 16 minutes and some change.

Yes I know there are 2 7&7is tracks, but that's how I roll. Big Grin

There would have to be a disc 2....I can't let "Perfect Blues," "Mean Green Season," "Flowers in the Sand," among others, get away that easily. Cool

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Kit: 11-05-2006 19:31.

11-05-2006 19:29 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Cragstar Cragstar is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-227.jpg

Registration Date: 04-21-2006
Favorite 77s album: Ping Pong over the Abyss

I just don't know how you can ignore "Ping Pong Over the Abyss"..... It's still my favorite, followed closely by "Woody"... Nope, it's totally unacceptable...

My Space
11-06-2006 12:33 Cragstar is offline Send an Email to Cragstar Search for Posts by Cragstar Add Cragstar to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

I did this in the "new 77's album" thread.

I think if you're going to do a best of, it should trend toward a Greatest Hits package, with a "B-sides & rareties" disc for all of us who already have all this stuff. A Greatest Hits disc would be nice to have at C-Stone, and even in Christian bookstores perhaps. Mike is the only member of the Dogs whose band hasn't had a best of, BTW.

Mercy, Mercy
Blue Sky
The Lust, The Flesh...
A Different Kind of Light
Do It For Love
Dig My Heels
I Can't Get Over It
MT
Related
Perfect Blues (live)
Nobody's Fault But Mine
Rocks In Your Head
Nowhere Else
For Crying Out Loud
Woody
Ping Pong Over The Abyss

That's a pretty impressive song list. Any band would love to have that many great songs, and this list leaves so many others...

Or, in lieu of GH comp, a live disc from C-Stone 2006? Please? Pretty please?????

11-06-2006 13:50 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

quote:

Why don't you just re-release all the CD's in one box (or better yet, just take an old shoebox, and put all of your 77's discs in it) and write on it "The Best of the 77's"? You're already at three discs... Big Grin

11-06-2006 13:56 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Rod Rod is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-236.jpg

Registration Date: 08-21-2005
Favorite 77s album: When #s Get Serious

I'll take a stab. No particular order. Given the choice, I prefer the live versions mo' better.

Pray Naked -I smile and sometimes laugh every time I hear this
Cold, Cold Night
Nuts For you
Stellazine Prophecy
Closer
Self Made Trap
Snake
Falling Down A Hole
I Can't Get Over it
Denomination Blues
Woody
Rocks In Your Head
Bridge of Sighs - Oh my
11-07-2006 16:28 Rod is offline Send an Email to Rod Search for Posts by Rod Add Rod to your Buddy List
Mezzo

i have to many favorites, but i am going to pick only ten (not in any order)

the lust, the flesh, the eyes and the pride of life
mt
nowhere else
your phony eyes
mercy mercy
wild blue
i could laugh (LIVE VERSION)
daves blues
snake
how can you love

11-07-2006 16:34 tom tom blue is offline Send an Email to tom tom blue Homepage of tom tom blue Search for Posts by tom tom blue Add tom tom blue to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of tom tom blue: raelzoo
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

quote:
Originally posted by Cragstar
I just don't know how you can ignore "Ping Pong Over the Abyss".....

Doc Love and the other guys don't even really consider that to be a 77s album from what I understand. I should talk though with my inclusion of 7&7is tracks.

11-07-2006 19:41 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Cragstar Cragstar is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-227.jpg

Registration Date: 04-21-2006
Favorite 77s album: Ping Pong over the Abyss

quote:
Originally posted by Kit
quote:

Doc Love and the other guys don't even really consider that to be a 77s album from what I understand. I should talk though with my inclusion of 7&7is tracks.

Hey, his name is on it, it's titled Seventy Sevens, there is no recanting! I understand why others might feel that way, but it was my first love as a newly converted christian. Actually, I'm more concerned about the song than I am the album. It's still a rockin' song and it was one of the first "Real" solo's ever on a "christian" album. Not to mention the shock and horror of Mike singing "Hell" in the song.....

Youth Pastor... "Did he just sing h e double hockey sticks?"
Me.... "Yes"
Youth Pastor... "Well, that's just unacceptable garbage, I told you christian rock is just another of the devil's tools"........"There will be no more christian rock at youth group, unless it's Petra"......

My Space
11-08-2006 11:10 Cragstar is offline Send an Email to Cragstar Search for Posts by Cragstar Add Cragstar to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Kit
quote:

Hey, his name is on it, it's titled Seventy Sevens, there is no recanting! I understand why others might feel that way, but it was my first love as a newly converted christian. Actually, I'm more concerned about the song than I am the album. It's still a rockin' song and it was one of the first "Real" solo's ever on a "christian" album. Not to mention the shock and horror of Mike singing "Hell" in the song.....

Me.... "Yes"
Youth Pastor... "Well, that's just unacceptable garbage, I told you christian rock is just another of the devil's tools"........"There will be no more christian rock at youth group, unless it's Petra"......

But Petra did "Killing My Old Man"........................ Confused

Tongue

11-08-2006 13:54 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

quote:

Lame. Like it's cooler or easier to say "double hockey sticks." What a douche.

11-08-2006 19:35 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
BobF BobF is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 08-07-2008
Favorite 77s album: 88

Unsatisfied
Thief Song
No Party in Hell
Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba
Mercy Mercy (live)
You Don’t Scare Me (live)
Wild Blue
Closer
Over Under Sideways Down
Someone New
Do It For Love
I Can’t Get Over It
Pearls Before Swine
Bottom Line
MT
Nowhere Else
This Is The Way Love Is
Perfect Blues
God Sends Quails
Miserable
UUUU
The Treasure In You
Tattoo
Woody
Perfect Blues (live)
Nobody's Fault But Mine
Rocks In Your Head
Nowhere Else
For Crying Out Loud
Ping Pong Over The Abyss
Phoney Eyes
Kites Without Stings

08-22-2008 21:55 BobF is offline Send an Email to BobF Search for Posts by BobF Add BobF to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

quote:
Originally posted by Kit
Clocking in at 1:19:25, mine would look a little like this. Of course, a lot of sacrifices had to be made. "Mercy Mercy" made it because it was the only song short enough once I got to around one hour, 16 minutes and some change.

Yes I know there are 2 7&7is tracks, but that's how I roll. Big Grin

There would have to be a disc 2....I can't let "Perfect Blues," "Mean Green Season," "Flowers in the Sand," among others, get away that easily. Cool

hmmm....this would be kind of different now.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Kit: 08-23-2008 09:29.

08-23-2008 09:26 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
jason
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-03-2004

Thief Song? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BobF
Thief Song

What's the Thief Song?
08-23-2008 21:21 jason is offline Send an Email to jason Search for Posts by jason Add jason to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Your Best Of 77's CD

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH