77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Your Best Of 77's CD » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Your Best Of 77's CD
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

RE: Thief Song? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This was from our early Scratch Band days of mostly all Steve Scott penned repertoire. It has a link to our latest album because, like "Stranger Won't You Change Your Sinful Ways", "Thief Song" was also present on Steve's unreleased "Moving Pictures" album produced by Larry Norman.

Doctor Love has attached this image (reduced version):
poised2strike.jpg

08-23-2008 22:52 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Did he change his name to "Rush" in 1981?
08-24-2008 06:58 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey, Doc-

Do you think that there is a possibility of 7's greatest hits? Would there be a need or a market for such a thing? Any thoughts on the subject?

Does a label own most of the masters (ala KMG) so that, like the DA and Adam Again Best of's, there would be incentive to do it?

You could do like all the labels do and put one unreleased song on it, so that us hardcore music fans would again be cheated into buying a whole new disc for one song? Doesn't sound like your style, though. Big Grin

As I've suggested before, maybe a B-sides collection to accompany the Best of, or maybe just a B-sides/rareties collection in general?

How 'bout it, message board people? What do you think could go on a B-sides/rareties/alternate takes collection?

Off the top of my head:

Good Directions
Modern Guy
No Party In Hell
Unsatisfied
Smokescreen (7's version, of course)
Aubrey (maybe I have the wrong title here)
Mercy Seat

08-25-2008 09:22 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

i'm waiting for a FULL box set. that's the only way to do it.

every song ever recorded.

scratch band, through HGB......

with all MR solo, and 7and7is recordings as a bonus box.

let a guy dream!!

08-25-2008 09:32 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
juan ahmal juan ahmal is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-551.jpg

Registration Date: 08-06-2008
Favorite 77s album: TTB

your best of 77s cd Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I guess there's two ways you could do this. Either a greatest hits style list that would include Mercy Mercy, MT, the Lust.. etc., or a positively can't live without these songs type of list. I think mine falls in the latter category:

Snowblind
Sevens
Unbalanced
The Rain Kept Falling In Love
Rocks In Your Head
Outskirts
Flowers In The Sand
Where It's At
Your Pretty Baby
There Forever
the It's For You version of Nobody's Fault But Mine
Perfect

08-26-2008 06:59 juan ahmal is offline Send an Email to juan ahmal Search for Posts by juan ahmal Add juan ahmal to your Buddy List
nick nick is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 12-02-2004

A unreleased CD would be cool with S.Band stuff on it as I have never heard any of those but I would also LOVE to get a CD of the recent 77s tour. It was sooo amazing that I would love to be able to hear more than the one time! It was such a good mixture of old, new and oldnew Smile plus riders on the storm in for good measure! I love that song one of my favorite doors songs!
08-29-2008 06:28 nick is offline Send an Email to nick Search for Posts by nick Add nick to your Buddy List
Chesterdox Chesterdox is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 06-05-2006
Favorite 77s album: Holy Ghost Building

Of course, the title for my best of would be The 77s: The Years Go Down

Do it For Love
This Is the Way Love Is
MT
Wild Blue ~ Mary & the Baby Elvis
The Years Go Down
Look
Woody
Dave's Blues
Film at 11:00
Cold Cold Night
Mezzo
Outskirts
Leaving
Mr. Magoo
Jack Spoiler
I'll Remember You Love, In My Prayers

I didn't include anything from Direct, one of my favorite 77s albums, because it sounds so much like a Mike Roe solo project it doesn't seem to fit with the rest of my list... which might mean my list is not as representative as it should be, I guess. But there it is. Pleased

10-09-2008 07:47 Chesterdox is offline Send an Email to Chesterdox Homepage of Chesterdox Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Chesterdox: none YIM Account Name of Chesterdox: none View the MSN Profile for Chesterdox
God-rules God-rules is a male
Happy Roy

Registration Date: 06-03-2004

I call mine "Sticks and Stones"

Michaeldesertislanddisc

I'm gonna put my carbon footprint right up a greenies lactose intolerant hind end! - squidzit 2008
10-09-2008 11:38 God-rules is offline Send an Email to God-rules Search for Posts by God-rules Add God-rules to your Buddy List
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by God-rules

Michaeldesertislanddisc

LMAO!!!!!

10-09-2008 12:05 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

quote:
Originally posted by God-rules

Michaeldesertislanddisc

Hard to argue.

"The Loop" is kind of weak though.

10-12-2008 21:49 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Your Best Of 77's CD

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH