77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » New 77's album » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (20): « first ... « previous 13 14 [15] 16 17 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New 77's album 7 Votes - Average Rating: 10.007 Votes - Average Rating: 10.007 Votes - Average Rating: 10.007 Votes - Average Rating: 10.007 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
Roll Eyes

...or waste any time with this.

03-28-2008 14:34 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Gur Gur is a male
Mezzo

Registration Date: 01-14-2008
Location: And into this chasm God would let a million Jacob Bayers float down like sparkling dust on a dry wind.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Marti
quote:
Originally posted by Gur
By WTF, you mean, of course, with the foo (young). I know you have been paying close attention to the profanity thread.

What is behind that facial expression, doc?

The whole thing is a dangerous coincidence suggesting a link between MSG and male PMS, but we would not so recklessly presume.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
03-29-2008 09:14 Gur is offline Send an Email to Gur Search for Posts by Gur Add Gur to your Buddy List
Nekkid Prey Nekkid Prey is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-06-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

New 77's Album Update Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Had a chance to listen to a few songs off the new Sevens album this past weekend. I can't tell you all how great this album is sounding, especially in contrast to the basic tracks that were recorded two years ago! Tons of tasty guitar licks, more pounding from Jackie Greene's drummer (aka Bruce Spencer), groovy b@$$ lines from Jimmy Pailer's b@$$ist (aka Mark Harmon), and loads of gritty and angelic vocals from our favorite Dr. Love (whose guitar work on the most recent Chris Webster album is outstanding). The most difficult track to produce, "City of Refuge," sounds outrageously Sevens. You think the "Fun with Sound" version rocked? Think again.

Mark, Mike, and Bruce have really been putting in some overtime mixing this album to the band's satisfaction. It's my hope that this album is only the beginning for a new era in 77s history. As you already know, Mike's planning on a mini solo tour to help promote the new (old) songs and give you a taste of what's to come this summer. I have a feeling that the Cornerstone faithful will be both gleeful and shocked at what the good Doctor & Company have up their sleeve, both in terms of the stage and the studio.

Once the new album is complete, Mike will continue writing/recording for his fourth solo album (no projected release date yet). I'm already drooling over one particular song, a song that -- if you really know your music -- will blow you away, both in terms of origin and sound.

There's also some extremely interesting side projects in the works, but I'll let those involved spill the beans on that. But I think news of the upcoming Sevens album should whet enough appetites for now.

Late,

Mike Beidler

04-04-2008 11:17 Nekkid Prey is offline Send an Email to Nekkid Prey Homepage of Nekkid Prey Search for Posts by Nekkid Prey Add Nekkid Prey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Nekkid Prey: Nekkid Prey YIM Account Name of Nekkid Prey: mike_beidler
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

Thanx for the update, Mike.

Late.

Cool

04-04-2008 19:16 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Ping Pong Over the Abyss Ping Pong Over the Abyss is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-202.gif

Registration Date: 02-21-2006
Favorite 77s album: Too Many...!

Thanks for the 411, Nekkid.

Late,

PPOTA

04-06-2008 00:18 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
Sam e. Ching
Someone New

Registration Date: 03-26-2008

+1 - I can't wait!!
04-07-2008 09:54 Sam e. Ching is offline Search for Posts by Sam e. Ching Add Sam e. Ching to your Buddy List
nick nick is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 12-02-2004

Wait, does that mean that the album isn't coming out until Cornerstone? That isn't too long but I was hoping for before Smile
I can not wait for this!
04-07-2008 13:44 nick is offline Send an Email to nick Search for Posts by nick Add nick to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

You know what would be great?

A rough mix of the disc, or even a few songs, available as a CD-R, signed by Mike, at the upcoming shows. I'd buy it, I'm sure others would buy it, and it might give Mike a little more spending money during the tour. Even 50 discs at $10 a piece would get $500!!!!!

04-07-2008 14:33 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Doctor No Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Uh.......

no

Doctor Love has attached this image (reduced version):
discusstruck.jpg

04-07-2008 16:54 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love

quote:
Uh.......no

Crying

But we'll still get to hear solo arrangements of some of the tunes, so I guess that will have to be enough!

04-07-2008 18:47 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

so it's done?

quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k.

We are also thrilled to announce that as an added bonus to each of these concerts, the 77's have agreed to allow their newly recorded album to be played over the PA after Mike finishes his set. If you can make it to a show, please plan on sticking around to chat with Mike and hear the new record! (The album will not be for sale...this is just a sneak preview!)

jeffrey k.

04-11-2008 11:21 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Mezzo

quote:
Originally posted by larryl
so it's done?

quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k.

We are also thrilled to announce that as an added bonus to each of these concerts, the 77's have agreed to allow their newly recorded album to be played over the PA after Mike finishes his set. If you can make it to a show, please plan on sticking around to chat with Mike and hear the new record! (The album will not be for sale...this is just a sneak preview!)

jeffrey k.

Cool

04-11-2008 18:31 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
jcharpman jcharpman is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 04-11-2008
Favorite 77s album: 88

ok, i'm brand new here so i might hasve missed this but... has there been a release date given yet? just curious.

04-12-2008 16:36 jcharpman is offline Send an Email to jcharpman Search for Posts by jcharpman Add jcharpman to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

yes and no Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Is it all done being recorded?

Yes.

Is it all done being mixed?

No.

The version I'm playing for the fans after the concert are rough mixes in various stages of completion, but these give the gist and aren't all that far off from what will be released, so come one come all ~~

Doctor Love has attached this image (reduced version):
77s.jpg

04-13-2008 00:07 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Gur Gur is a male
Mezzo

Registration Date: 01-14-2008
Location: And into this chasm God would let a million Jacob Bayers float down like sparkling dust on a dry wind.

Play it in Sacramento. Please doc.
04-13-2008 10:54 Gur is offline Send an Email to Gur Search for Posts by Gur Add Gur to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
quote:
Doctor Love's Old Time Gospel Revue.

This is clearly the title that should be used. Maybe substitute "Revue" for "Revival". Either way, you all need not post any more titles.

The thing has a name.

did my excellent name win, or was mark ignored?

04-15-2008 05:57 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Roll Eyes

04-15-2008 07:47 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Mezzo

quote:
Originally posted by larryl
quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
quote:
Doctor Love's Old Time Gospel Revue.

This is clearly the title that should be used. Maybe substitute "Revue" for "Revival". Either way, you all need not post any more titles.

The thing has a name.

did my excellent name win, or was mark ignored?

Roll Eyes

I'm still likin' Flesh Versus Blood

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by peawinkel: 04-15-2008 19:59.

04-15-2008 19:59 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List

quote:
Roll Eyes

quote:
Roll Eyes

Roll Eyes

This is a tough crowd. I was just kidding. Guess that didn't come through. Although it is kind of fun. Tongue

I think I have heard that it might be called "Holy Ghost Building", after a lyric in "Workin' On The Building". I can't remember if I saw that here on the board or if my wife told me that Mike said that at the show Friday.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by MarkyMark77: 04-15-2008 20:15.

04-15-2008 20:14 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Mezzo

Holy Ghost Building would be Cool

04-15-2008 20:54 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Pages (20): « first ... « previous 13 14 [15] 16 17 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » New 77's album

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH