77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » New 77's album » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (20): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New 77's album 7 Votes - Average Rating: 10.007 Votes - Average Rating: 10.007 Votes - Average Rating: 10.007 Votes - Average Rating: 10.007 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ping Pong Over the Abyss Ping Pong Over the Abyss is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-202.gif

Registration Date: 02-21-2006
Favorite 77s album: Too Many...!

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Fatman
Lookinmg forward to it, no matter how long it takes.

Truth. Cool

05-29-2007 18:43 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
nick nick is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 12-02-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Anymore on the new one or when we will get to hear samples? Waiting and waiting.......Smile
06-21-2007 06:42 nick is offline Send an Email to nick Search for Posts by nick Add nick to your Buddy List
drowning drowning is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-223.jpg

Registration Date: 06-12-2007
Favorite 77s album: Direct

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
It's likely that the message board will get to hear a song or two in the coming weeks...

this would have been cool...

but now I am prime for a new release!! summer has begun and just a couple months to some fresh 7's blues!!

that will be cooler... we'll need some cool blues to beat the heat.

06-27-2007 10:58 drowning is offline Search for Posts by drowning Add drowning to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

The preview can still happen - I know Mike and Mark are both on board with doing that.... it just got moved back a bit since the album wasn't being finished as soon as everyone had thought at one time.
06-27-2007 11:14 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Any updates regarding the 77's latest?

08-15-2007 11:10 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

We've been swamped since the Dogs tour ended and haven't thought to ask the fellas to post anything... we'll see if we can get an update going from someone. I know Mark had said to wait until after the tour for a possible preview track... so maybe we can do something with that now as well.
08-15-2007 16:26 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Rocks in your Head

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
We've been swamped since the Dogs tour ended and haven't thought to ask the fellas to post anything... we'll see if we can get an update going from someone. I know Mark had said to wait until after the tour for a possible preview track... so maybe we can do something with that now as well.

That would really be cooL!!!!!!

08-15-2007 21:01 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
nick nick is a male
Baby Elvis

PLEASE PLEASER PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
08-19-2007 07:03 nick is offline Send an Email to nick Search for Posts by nick Add nick to your Buddy List
77sfan 77sfan is a male

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 06-08-2007
Favorite 77s album: The Island Album

I am willing to wait as long as necessary for any type of offering from the 77s or the good Dr. Love.

~Saint Augustine~
08-19-2007 16:27 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

quote:
Originally posted by 77sfan
I am willing to wait as long as necessary for any type of offering from the 77s or the good Dr. Love.

amen to that.

08-19-2007 17:56 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

man, am i ready for this!

08-29-2007 20:20 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Rocks in your Head

I second that.

08-29-2007 20:34 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

third

08-30-2007 20:40 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

third

08-30-2007 20:40 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
snowblind snowblind is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-404.gif

Registration Date: 03-28-2006

Fourth (or fifth, depending on how many times you count Peawinkle's 'third').

08-31-2007 05:01 snowblind is offline Send an Email to snowblind Homepage of snowblind Search for Posts by snowblind Add snowblind to your Buddy List
Alex Alex is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-115.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2005
Favorite 77s album: Eighty Eight

I sixth. Who's gonna seventh?

Alex

08-31-2007 13:49 Alex is offline Send an Email to Alex Homepage of Alex Search for Posts by Alex Add Alex to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

I'll seventh it, since it's the only way I can be seventh now *sniffle*. Big Grin

08-31-2007 14:27 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Big Jim Big Jim is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 08-22-2005
Favorite 77s album: Holy Ghost Building

Text Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm willing to wait - what other choice do I have? Happy

I too am very much looking forward to it... We have heard so many great gospel blues/rock numbers from the 77's over the years (a few that come to mind are Outskirts, God Sends Quails, UUUU, Mean Grean Season, Perfect Blues, Dave's Blues, I could go on and on and on), but a whole album full of gospel blues rockers? Wow... The gospel tunes on Mike's solo release SAM were incredible too.

Mike or Mark: Do you care to comment on any of the tunes, beyond the description provided by wikipedia: "The 77s continue to record and tour, with a Led Zeppelin- and Rolling Stones-influenced gospel blues album currently in the works for a 2007 release." Would love to find out any small tidbits you would care to share... Thanks!

Big Jim

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Big Jim: 09-19-2007 13:34.

09-19-2007 13:24 Big Jim is offline Send an Email to Big Jim Homepage of Big Jim Search for Posts by Big Jim Add Big Jim to your Buddy List
nick nick is a male
Baby Elvis

I'm willing to wait - what other choice do I have?

I know I know but I just can't help really wanting to listen to it and then to hear it live!!!! It just builds up in me....I guess I'm not a very patient person...sorry
10-10-2007 10:35 nick is offline Send an Email to nick Search for Posts by nick Add nick to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Stones si Zeppy no Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Other than one sorta Pagey lick on the new version of City Of Refuge, there's not much in the way of "Zeppelin" influences.

To update you all, Mark and Bruce have about wrapped the Jimmy Pailer album and we resume completing the new 77s album next week. There are still a coupla lead vocals to do plus all the background vocals and any last minute 'production' overdubs that may come to mind, in addition to maybe doing one or two 'backyard' acoustic numbers on the fly to round out the record.

Sorry this project seems to be taking so long, but we're just busy trying to survive and when you're recording at home it drags out more. The Lost Dogs have a great advantage in that we have very limited time together and it's expensive to be away from home so we just get in and get it done very fast. I totally prefer it that way. I don't like having too much time to think about a record because then you start to fool around with it until you drain the life out of it. Fortunately, with the new 77s album that hasn't happened because we've been too busy with other things to do that so it's still fresh and alive and we all still dig it as much as we did when we started it.

Everyone is going to love this record. That much I can promise ~~

quote:
Originally posted by Big Jim
I'm willing to wait - what other choice do I have? Happy

I too am very much looking forward to it... We have heard so many great gospel blues/rock numbers from the 77's over the years (a few that come to mind are Outskirts, God Sends Quails, UUUU, Mean Grean Season, Perfect Blues, Dave's Blues, I could go on and on and on), but a whole album full of gospel blues rockers? Wow... The gospel tunes on Mike's solo release SAM were incredible too.

Mike or Mark: Do you care to comment on any of the tunes, beyond the description provided by wikipedia: "The 77s continue to record and tour, with a Led Zeppelin- and Rolling Stones-influenced gospel blues album currently in the works for a 2007 release." Would love to find out any small tidbits you would care to share... Thanks!

Big Jim
10-16-2007 11:51 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Pages (20): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » New 77's album

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH