77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » New 77's album » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (20): « first ... « previous 10 11 [12] 13 14 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New 77's album 7 Votes - Average Rating: 10.007 Votes - Average Rating: 10.007 Votes - Average Rating: 10.007 Votes - Average Rating: 10.007 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Gur
And "your" entitled to your spelling and grammar eccentricity, but you shouldn't be planning album titles until you correct it.

That should have read Sugar tlts and tatts!

03-07-2008 10:00 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
77sfan 77sfan is a male

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 06-08-2007
Favorite 77s album: The Island Album

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
quote:
But it's not just Doc Love. It's the 77's!!!!!!

You're correct. We can't leave Mark and Bruce out, now can we? But I was thinking more along the lines of Dr. Love as an abstract character, traveling preacher/snake oil salesman type. For the cover, I can Mike in a white suit underneath a tent, with Mark and Bruce in black suits alternately laying hands on and "healing" those in attendance and/or bilking the crowd out of their sharecropping money. An actual staged photo shoot like this would be cool!

quote:
Roll Eyes

I think you need to lighten up.

A lot. Tongue

Why is that I need to lighten up? huh? Is it because I thought your title suggestion sucked? Big Grin

~Saint Augustine~
03-07-2008 10:48 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
Gur Gur is a male
Mezzo

Registration Date: 01-14-2008
Location: And into this chasm God would let a million Jacob Bayers float down like sparkling dust on a dry wind.

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

MM is genuinely inspired this morning!
03-07-2008 10:58 Gur is offline Send an Email to Gur Search for Posts by Gur Add Gur to your Buddy List
Rocks in your Head

Tongue

03-07-2008 11:34 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

mark must've read my mind; that's exactly what i had in mind when i came up with that title........

03-07-2008 11:37 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
quote:
But it's not just Doc Love. It's the 77's!!!!!!

You're correct. We can't leave Mark and Bruce out, now can we? But I was thinking more along the lines of Dr. Love as an abstract character, traveling preacher/snake oil salesman type. For the cover, I can Mike in a white suit underneath a tent, with Mark and Bruce in black suits alternately laying hands on and "healing" those in attendance and/or bilking the crowd out of their sharecropping money. An actual staged photo shoot like this would be cool!

quote:
Roll Eyes

I think you need to lighten up.

A lot. Tongue

Would he wear a balloon hat or the arrow through the head, with the white suit?

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
03-07-2008 11:45 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-86.jpg

Registration Date: 09-17-2004

RE: Jesus Hits yes, Atom Bomb no Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
half 'Christian'

Me Too Big Grin
03-07-2008 12:01 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
Gur Gur is a male
Mezzo

Location: And into this chasm God would let a million Jacob Bayers float down like sparkling dust on a dry wind.

Confused
03-07-2008 12:45 Gur is offline Send an Email to Gur Search for Posts by Gur Add Gur to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

I had some interesting ideas for album titles cross my mind, provided of course that I understand what's on this album.

I seem to remember several covers of older songs being mentioned, so the contrast that prevented itself to me after the mention of "from Earth to Heaven" was something on the order of The Once and Future (I don't know--Kingdom?, taking off from The Once and Future King, although that particular choice doesn't seem to fit).

The other idea was a old picture of a baptism in a river with a title that was some part of Wade in the Water, which is a great old spiritual. Wade would be one word, since Mark likes those short titles, and would be yet another water-themed cover like DWLIS and The Boat Ashore.

03-07-2008 14:07 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Rocks in your Head

Another Idea Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Once was; Now Is"

03-07-2008 14:36 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
77sfan 77sfan is a male

RE: Another Idea Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Over My Head"

A nice little nod to Sister Rosetta Tharp.

~Saint Augustine~
03-07-2008 14:41 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
Gur Gur is a male
Mezzo

and Sam Phillips?
03-07-2008 15:29 Gur is offline Send an Email to Gur Search for Posts by Gur Add Gur to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

03-07-2008 15:39 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

Sam Phillips, Unplugged
03-07-2008 15:41 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
Sam Phillips, Unplugged

When Leslie Phillips, a young Christian music singer from Calif., started becoming disillusioned with her industry, she switched to her childhood nickname Sam and took on a whole new sound of dark folk and pop. Eight albums and many musical styles later, Sam Phillips is one of the most acclaimed singer songwriters of her generation.

Creators at Carnegie presents an hour of Phillips performing her own songs of love and heartbreak with hints of the Beatles, Kurt Weill and Irving Berlin. The Section String Quartet and Phillips' own band join her in an unplugged performance.
03-07-2008 15:44 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

More possibilities Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Flesh Versus Blood

Morphing Into Glory

Grandyzine (may need Livgren's permission for this one)

Dying As We Speak

03-07-2008 15:52 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
77sfan 77sfan is a male

quote:
Originally posted by Gur
and Sam Phillips?

NO! I don't care about her. Roll Eyes

~Saint Augustine~
03-07-2008 16:00 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
dennis
Happy Roy

quote:
Originally posted by 77sfan
quote:
Originally posted by Gur
and Sam Phillips?

You and T-Bone Burnett are both crazy! Shocked
03-07-2008 16:03 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Gur Gur is a male
Mezzo

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Amen!
03-07-2008 19:33 Gur is offline Send an Email to Gur Search for Posts by Gur Add Gur to your Buddy List
77sfan 77sfan is a male

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:
Originally posted by 77sfan
quote:
Originally posted by Gur
and Sam Phillips?

You and T-Bone Burnett are both crazy! Shocked

Oh, I enjoy her music, I just wasn't referring to her in my album title suggestion. Just Sister Rosetta.

~Saint Augustine~
03-08-2008 08:09 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
Pages (20): « first ... « previous 10 11 [12] 13 14 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » New 77's album

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH