77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » New 77's album » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (20): « first ... « previous 5 6 [7] 8 9 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New 77's album 7 Votes - Average Rating: 10.007 Votes - Average Rating: 10.007 Votes - Average Rating: 10.007 Votes - Average Rating: 10.007 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

RE: On your knees or on your knees Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I don't remember us doing Baby Elephant Walk into Money!! That's hilarious. When and where did we do that?

quote:
Originally posted by Rod
I dig the Allman Bros/One Way Out riff. Nice surprise. It's right up there with Baby Elephant Walk/Money from the DVD.
01-19-2008 19:27 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Rod Rod is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-236.jpg

Registration Date: 08-21-2005
Favorite 77s album: When #s Get Serious

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's on Pearls Before Swine at the Madison Cafe. That makes me laugh every time I see it.
01-19-2008 21:54 Rod is offline Send an Email to Rod Search for Posts by Rod Add Rod to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'll have to check that out! Cool
01-19-2008 23:51 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Rod Rod is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-236.jpg

Registration Date: 08-21-2005
Favorite 77s album: When #s Get Serious

Who'd have thought, the 77s covering Henry Mancini. That's always the first one I play on the DVD. Mike, your facial expressions are great.
01-20-2008 21:14 Rod is offline Send an Email to Rod Search for Posts by Rod Add Rod to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

Shocked Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I would have gussed " Moon River" before the Elephant Walk! Tongue
01-21-2008 03:37 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

RE: On your knees or on your knees Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
I don't remember us doing Baby Elephant Walk into Money!! That's hilarious. When and where did we do that?

quote:
Originally posted by Rod
I dig the Allman Bros/One Way Out riff. Nice surprise. It's right up there with Baby Elephant Walk/Money from the DVD.

Any talk of a "street date" yet? I would like to do a twofer when I cut loose with my Christmas money stash, and pick up 99 as the second.

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
01-28-2008 21:54 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
dennis
Happy Roy

quote:
Originally posted by 77 bc
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Rod

Any talk of a "street date" yet? I would like to do a twofer when I cut loose with my Christmas money stash, and pick up 99 as the second.

To whom it may concern,
I too would like to do a "twofer", too. Pleased
01-29-2008 04:08 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

and now for something completely different... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

After endless delays due to illness and so many other things, we finally resumed work on the album yesterday, and rather than jumping back into more background or lead vocals as planned, we decided to record a song that I had on the list of hopefuls for the original basic tracking sessions nearly two years ago.

Along with the electric stuff, I really wanted to present a song or two done in the traditional format that most of these songs were originally cut in over seventy years ago. One of my favorites of these is the wonderful "Everybody Ought To Pray Sometime" done by the 'guitar evangelists' Dennis Crumpton & Robert Summers. I wanted to go for a backyard (as opposed to 'front porch') blues feel so the guys suggested that we cut totally live, which completely scared the crap outta me, but in the end it was totally the way to go.

Rather than the usual bass/drums/electric guitar configuration, Mark played an un-amplified electric guitar tuned to an open E chord while I strummed an acoustic 12-string with only 6 strings tuned to the same tuning. Bruce shocked us both by playing two tambourines with his feet while tapping on a small 8" drum head. It looked and sounded ridiculous while we were doing it, but when we heard the playback I was completely dumbfounded -- that slight tapping upon the drum head created a massive thump that sounded like one of John Bonham's gargantuan kick drums. It was completely scary and almost had me convinced that Bruce was secretly practicing some kind of voodoo on the side. In reality, it probably had more to do with the amazing microphones we are currently using, including the coveted Neumann U-47 -- these babies deliver so much more than we've gotten out of any other mics ever. This session proved it.

In the end, we got a complete track, vocals and all, in a few hours with only a couple of overdubs on electric slide (I forgot mine and Mark couldn't find his, so Mark's son Dylan suggested dipping into Mark's drill bits -- I had to lay the guitar on my lap but it worked! Any old port in a storm Wink )

This song will make a perfect album ender and we can't wait for you to hear it. The session went so well, in fact, that we're gonna leave all the mics up and maybe try a few more in this style. I LOVE recording like this -- learn the song on the fly, jump in at the deep end, and in two or three hours you're done. Just like the old days, and it sounds it. Most of my most treasured records of all time were done this way. It's my favorite way to work.
02-03-2008 02:23 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
dennis
Happy Roy

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sounds great! I can't wait to hear it!
The simple things are almost always the best! Pleased
02-03-2008 02:33 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

RE: and now for something completely different... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
After endless delays due to illness and so many other things, we finally resumed work on the album yesterday, and rather than jumping back into more background or lead vocals as planned, we decided to record a song that I had on the list of hopefuls for the original basic tracking sessions nearly two years ago.

Along with the electric stuff, I really wanted to present a song or two done in the traditional format that most of these songs were originally cut in over seventy years ago. One of my favorites of these is the wonderful "Everybody Ought To Pray Sometime" done by the 'guitar evangelists' Dennis Crumpton & Robert Summers. I wanted to go for a backyard (as opposed to 'front porch') blues feel so the guys suggested that we cut totally live, which completely scared the crap outta me, but in the end it was totally the way to go.

Rather than the usual b***/drums/electric guitar configuration, Mark played an un-amplified electric guitar tuned to an open E chord while I strummed an acoustic 12-string with only 6 strings tuned to the same tuning. Bruce shocked us both by playing two tambourines with his feet while tapping on a small 8" drum head. It looked and sounded ridiculous while we were doing it, but when we heard the playback I was completely dumbfounded -- that slight tapping upon the drum head created a m***ive thump that sounded like one of John Bonham's gargantuan kick drums. It was completely scary and almost had me convinced that Bruce was secretly practicing some kind of voodoo on the side. In reality, it probably had more to do with the amazing microphones we are currently using, including the coveted Neumann U-47 -- these babies deliver so much more than we've gotten out of any other mics ever. This session proved it.

In the end, we got a complete track, vocals and all, in a few hours with only a couple of overdubs on electric slide (I forgot mine and Mark couldn't find his, so Mark's son Dylan suggested dipping into Mark's drill bits -- I had to lay the guitar on my lap but it worked! Any old port in a storm Wink )

This song will make a perfect album ender and we can't wait for you to hear it. The session went so well, in fact, that we're gonna leave all the mics up and maybe try a few more in this style. I LOVE recording like this -- learn the song on the fly, jump in at the deep end, and in two or three hours you're done. Just like the old days, and it sounds it. Most of my most treasured records of all time were done this way. It's my favorite way to work.

SO LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS!!!!

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
02-03-2008 06:14 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

Thumb Up! RE: and now for something completely different... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

Along with the electric stuff, I really wanted to present a song or two done in the traditional format that most of these songs were originally cut in over seventy years ago. One of my favorites of these is the wonderful "Everybody Ought To Pray Sometime" done by the 'guitar evangelists' Dennis Crumpton & Robert Summers. I really wanted to go for a backyard (as opposed to 'front porch') blues feel so the guys suggested that we cut totally live, which completely scared the crap outta me, but in the end it was totally the way to go.

Rather than the usual b***/drums/electric guitar configuration, Mark played an un-amplified electric guitar tuned to an open E chord while I strummed an acoustic 12-string with only 6 strings tuned to the same tuning. Bruce shocked us both by playing two tambourines with his feet while tapping on a small 8" drum head. It looked and sounded ridiculous while we were doing it, but when we heard the playback I was completely dumbfounded -- that slight tapping upon the drum head created a m***ive thump that sounded like one of John Bonham's gargantuan kick drums. It was completely scary and almost had me convinced that Bruce was secretly practicing some kind of voodoo on the side. In reality, it probably had more to do with the amazing microphones we are currently using, including the coveted Neumann U-47 -- these babies deliver so much more than we've gotten out of any other mics ever. This session proved it.

Not only were they back in the studio, but back with serendipity unfolding. We have a thank you for the prayer thread already! Cool Pleased

02-03-2008 06:55 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
77sfan 77sfan is a male

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 06-08-2007
Favorite 77s album: The Island Album

RE: and now for something completely different... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

Along with the electric stuff, I really wanted to present a song or two done in the traditional format that most of these songs were originally cut in over seventy years ago. One of my favorites of these is the wonderful "Everybody Ought To Pray Sometime" done by the 'guitar evangelists' Dennis Crumpton & Robert Summers. I really wanted to go for a backyard (as opposed to 'front porch') blues feel so the guys suggested that we cut totally live, which completely scared the crap outta me, but in the end it was totally the way to go.

Okay, so next time you're gonna cut a whole album this way right? A ton of my musical heros are those old blues guys from the 20s-40s. I can listen to that stuff all day long.

~Saint Augustine~
02-03-2008 07:34 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
Gur Gur is a male
Mezzo

Registration Date: 01-14-2008
Location: And into this chasm God would let a million Jacob Bayers float down like sparkling dust on a dry wind.

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Sounds wonderful Doc. Thanks for the report!
02-03-2008 07:52 Gur is offline Send an Email to Gur Search for Posts by Gur Add Gur to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

Thumb Up! RE: and now for something completely different... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 02-03-2008 08:09.

02-03-2008 08:05 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 77sfan

Okay, so next time you're gonna cut a whole album this way right? A ton of my musical heros are those old blues guys from the 20s-40s. I can listen to that stuff all day long.

That would be pretty sweet! Pleased
02-03-2008 08:06 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Gur Gur is a male
Mezzo

Registration Date: 01-14-2008
Location: And into this chasm God would let a million Jacob Bayers float down like sparkling dust on a dry wind.

quote:
Originally posted by dennis

Are you suggesting that Mike has 3 buttocks, Dennis?
02-03-2008 08:11 Gur is offline Send an Email to Gur Search for Posts by Gur Add Gur to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

02-03-2008 08:11 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

quote:
Originally posted by Gur
quote:

Maybe he has two sheds?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLjS3gzHetA

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 02-03-2008 08:23.

02-03-2008 08:14 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

Mad I've had it with the bloody sheds! I wish somebody'd ask me about the drill bits! Frown

02-03-2008 11:52 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

quote:
Originally posted by Gur
quote:

Yes! No! Yes! No!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 02-03-2008 13:37.

02-03-2008 13:33 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Pages (20): « first ... « previous 5 6 [7] 8 9 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » New 77's album

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH