77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » New 77's album » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (20): « first ... « previous 7 8 [9] 10 11 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New 77's album 7 Votes - Average Rating: 10.007 Votes - Average Rating: 10.007 Votes - Average Rating: 10.007 Votes - Average Rating: 10.007 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

your peepee Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey Periwinkle,

I noticed your signature is from "Your Pretty Baby" -- well guess what sports fans? The lone 'original' song on the upcoming album (the one I mentioned as sounding like an outtake from The Smiths' first album) is a close cousin of that tune. I didn't even notice it until yesterday, and this after two years into the song! Of course, Bruce claims he caught it right away Roll Eyes

Doctor Love has attached this image (reduced version):
orange brigade.jpg

03-02-2008 18:23 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
nick nick is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 12-02-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

More teasers!!!! Keep em coming until we get to hear it!!!
What ever came of the Roe/Pritzl CD?
03-03-2008 15:11 nick is offline Send an Email to nick Search for Posts by nick Add nick to your Buddy List
Doctor Love

good question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Pritzl is sitting on the masters, but it's next in line for him to mix after another project he's got goin'. No worries -- he wants it out real bad too.

Cuppa Joe.jpg

03-03-2008 16:12 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Gur Gur is a male
Mezzo

Registration Date: 01-14-2008
Location: And into this chasm God would let a million Jacob Bayers float down like sparkling dust on a dry wind.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

real bad
sso do we
03-03-2008 16:32 Gur is offline Send an Email to Gur Search for Posts by Gur Add Gur to your Buddy List
nick nick is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 12-02-2004

Ahhhh! Now your even given tips on new Violet Burning stuff!!! Excellent!!! Thanks for the update!!! Looking forward to this year in music for sure!!
03-04-2008 14:23 nick is offline Send an Email to nick Search for Posts by nick Add nick to your Buddy List
Doctor Love

I think we're done Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Tonight I played two cool leads on the Steve Scott number (from his unreleased 'Larry Norman produced' album -- the only album, incidentally, mentioned at Larry's funeral ~~ Larry's brother's wife reported that Larry instructed that it finally be released after letting it sit and rot for 30 years and that Steve would maybe be paid his '20%'...ack!! Mad As I said earlier somewhere on this board, Larry was himself to the bitter end...)

Anyway, the first lead was Keef and the second one was Ronnie. Now we need them both (and Mick) to sing this all together (see what happens) and I do believe we got this turkey sewn up tight. Then it's upward and onward to teenage stardom at last.

Gah.....this one took longer than Crows even, but it's a million times better and a splendid time is guaranteed for all.

Darcy002.jpg

03-05-2008 01:54 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
drowning drowning is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-223.jpg

Registration Date: 06-12-2007
Favorite 77s album: Direct

stones meets motion picture - sounds GREAT!!

can't wait for this 77's shin dig to hit like an atomic bomb!

I really hope that S. Scott's deal is set free from that solid rock.

Thanks for the update Mike - what is this "new project" being called?

peace!!

03-05-2008 03:58 drowning is offline Search for Posts by drowning Add drowning to your Buddy List
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

quote:
Originally posted by drowning

peace!!

And more importantly...who is the HOT blonde in that pic!!!!!????!!!!!!

03-05-2008 06:43 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Gur Gur is a male
Mezzo

Registration Date: 01-14-2008
Location: And into this chasm God would let a million Jacob Bayers float down like sparkling dust on a dry wind.

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

a million times better than crows!

I need to hear this now.
03-05-2008 07:22 Gur is offline Send an Email to Gur Search for Posts by Gur Add Gur to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

RE: I think we're done Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
Tonight I played two cool leads on the Steve Scott number (from his unreleased 'Larry Norman produced' album -- the only album, incidentally, mentioned at Larry's funeral ~~ Larry's brother's wife reported that Larry instructed that it finally be released after letting it sit and rot for 30 years and that Steve would maybe be paid his '20%'...ack!! Mad As I said earlier somewhere on this board, Larry was himself to the bitter end...)

Anyway, the first lead was Keef and the second one was Ronnie. Now we need them both (and Mick) to sing this all together (see what happens) and I do believe we got this turkey sewn up tight. Then it's upward and onward to teenage stardom at last.

Gah.....this one took longer than Crows even, but it's a million times better and a splendid time is guaranteed for all.

the suspense is killing me....... can i preorder yet? Big Grin

03-05-2008 08:19 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Rocks in your Head

Roll Eyes

Tongue

03-05-2008 09:35 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Audiori J
unregistered

Thats the "Moving Pictures" album that was featured on "Rock And Religion" right? So.... did Larry have those masters? Is the album being rerecorded to be released? Or is Solid Rock releasing it as it was? I am confused why Doc was playing on the tracks... Shocked
03-05-2008 10:13
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-353.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Nailtatt

That's D'Arcy Wretzky, former bass player for the Smashing Pumpkins.

jeffrey k.

03-05-2008 10:18 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
Thats the "Moving Pictures" album that was featured on "Rock And Religion" right? So.... did Larry have those masters? Is the album being rerecorded to be released? Or is Solid Rock releasing it as it was? I am confused why Doc was playing on the tracks... Shocked

i think it's on the 77s record.......

from my archive, mikes post as of 3/13/06
"Next off was a wonderful lost song from the aborted Steve Scott album "Moving Pictures" produced by Larry Norman for Solid Rock Records in 1978 but never released. The song is called "Stranger Won't You Change Your Sinful Ways", and once again The Rolling Stones were the main inspiration for the arrangement (think "You Got The Silver" from Let It Bleed, or perhaps "Sweet Virginia" from Exile On Main Street or even "Far Away Eyes" from Some Girls....you get the idea) Ahh, the Stones had a way with old country blues-styled ballads, and since Steve and Larry went there all those years ago, we chose not to stray too far from the path after having just turned Union Station into the Glimmer Twins an hour earlier. Rising blues/pop star Jackie Greene sat in on piano and organ for this one."

03-05-2008 10:32 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Rocks in your Head

quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k.
quote:
Originally posted by Nailtatt

That's D'Arcy Wretzky, former b*** player for the Smashing Pumpkins.

jeffrey k.

Thank you.

03-05-2008 10:45 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Audiori J
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by larryl
quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J

i think it's on the 77s record.......

from my archive, mikes post as of 3/13/06
"Next off was a wonderful lost song from the aborted Steve Scott album "Moving Pictures" produced by Larry Norman for Solid Rock Records in 1978 but never released. The song is called "Stranger Won't You Change Your Sinful Ways", and once again The Rolling Stones were the main inspiration for the arrangement (think "You Got The Silver" from Let It Bleed, or perhaps "Sweet Virginia" from Exile On Main Street or even "Far Away Eyes" from Some Girls....you get the idea) Ahh, the Stones had a way with old country blues-styled ballads, and since Steve and Larry went there all those years ago, we chose not to stray too far from the path after having just turned Union Station into the Glimmer Twins an hour earlier. Rising blues/pop star Jackie Greene sat in on piano and organ for this one."

Ahhhhhhh yeah ok that makes sense to me now. I forgot about that.
03-05-2008 11:31
Doctor Love

Jesus Hits yes, Atom Bomb no Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We will not be recording the exciting 'Jesus Hits Like The Atom Bomb' cuz the album is plenty full of music and we will never finish if we don't stop recording and start mixing.

We were gonna call the album that but Throwing Muses and others have used the title already, plus U2 and their stupid title with 'atom bomb' in it etc.......would make us look quite redundant. Mark doesn't care about any of that but I do, so we are still fishing for a title. Mark is in favor of short pithy titles like "Direct" and I'm usually the one to go for the too-long clunky titles. I am combing through the lyrics to find a word or phrase that pops out......one of the songs, 'Jesus is a mighty good leader', has the phrase "from earth to heaven', which is the kind of thing I am looking for. Don't know that that's it, but it's that kinda thing, so any help you all have to offer is still welcome.

Glad Nails liked that pic of D'Arcy. She was a true rock star and is missed, but that Christian chick from the Halo Friendlies was a very cool choice for the new band, which is now half 'Christian' -- Billy is on a good path and Pritzl tells me that they are rehearsing, playing and writing all together 24/7 and rocking harder than ever. It is good to see.

quote:

peace!!

wide open Smith.jpg

03-05-2008 12:01 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Rocks in your Head

RE: Jesus Hits yes, Atom Bomb no Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
We will not be recording the exciting 'Jesus Hits Like The Atom Bomb' cuz the album is plenty full of music and we will never finish if we don't stop recording and start mixing.

We were gonna call the album that but Throwing Muses and others have used the title already, plus U2 and their stupid title with 'atom bomb' in it etc.......would make us look quite redundant. Mark doesn't care about any of that but I do, so we are still fishing for a title. Mark is in favor of short pithy titles like "Direct" and I'm usually the one to go for the too-long clunky titles. I am combing through the lyrics to find a word or phrase that pops out......one of the songs, 'Jesus is a mighty good leader', has the phrase "from earth to heaven', which is the kind of thing I am looking for. Don't know that that's it, but it's that kinda thing, so any help you all have to offer is still welcome.

Glad Nails liked that pic of D'Arcy. She was a true rock star and is missed, but that Christian chick from the Halo Friendlies was a very cool choice for the new band, which is now half 'Christian' -- Billy is on a good path and Pritzl tells me that they are rehearsing, playing and writing all together 24/7 and rocking harder than ever. It is good to see.

quote:

peace!!

I thought "Fun With Steak" was the title? WTF Mike?

Tongue

03-05-2008 12:11 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

speaking of the pumpkins new line up......

have you ever played with jeff schroeder, mike?

03-05-2008 12:16 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Doctor Love

Not that I know of, no, but Pritzl is close with him and coached him in his Pumpkin auditions. He flunked out on the first mill but Billy liked him enough to give him another shot and Pritzl rode him hard through the Pumpkin paces until he got the feel right. The second audition clinched it. I got to hear this all blow by blow while it was happening -- pretty exciting
03-05-2008 12:21 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Pages (20): « first ... « previous 7 8 [9] 10 11 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » New 77's album

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH