77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » New 77's album » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (20): « first ... « previous 14 15 [16] 17 18 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New 77's album 7 Votes - Average Rating: 10.007 Votes - Average Rating: 10.007 Votes - Average Rating: 10.007 Votes - Average Rating: 10.007 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
phreaq phreaq is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-215.jpg

Registration Date: 11-09-2005
Favorite 77s album: DWLIS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

a little blog post I did this AM in honor of the soundtrack of my life.

http://www.perigrinatio.com/2008/04/16/b...-humble-places/

~f

"do you get the blues sometimes?"

say "no" to Eleanor for Moderator

04-16-2008 07:51 phreaq is offline Send an Email to phreaq Homepage of phreaq Search for Posts by phreaq Add phreaq to your Buddy List
drowning drowning is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-223.jpg

Registration Date: 06-12-2007
Favorite 77s album: Direct

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

what a freak.

04-16-2008 09:33 drowning is offline Search for Posts by drowning Add drowning to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2005

quote:
Originally posted by phreaq

~f

Nice blog.

04-18-2008 06:29 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-86.jpg

Registration Date: 09-17-2004

quote:
Originally posted by phreaq

~f

CooL Smile
04-18-2008 12:33 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

Does this album have an official title yet?

04-18-2008 15:59 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

quote:
MARKYMARK77 presents
the 77's
Old Time Gospel Album

Something like that, I think.

04-18-2008 17:01 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Gur Gur is a male
Mezzo

Registration Date: 01-14-2008
Location: And into this chasm God would let a million Jacob Bayers float down like sparkling dust on a dry wind.

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Big Grin Big Grin
04-19-2008 00:16 Gur is offline Send an Email to Gur Search for Posts by Gur Add Gur to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
quote:
MARKYMARK77 presents
the 77's
Old Time Gospel Album

Something like that, I think.

Seems like Jerry Falwell, Jr. should be presenting The Old Time Gospel Album

Tongue

04-19-2008 09:09 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2005

quote:
Originally posted by Marti

I think I heard something about "Holy Ghost Building".

04-19-2008 14:25 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Chesterdox Chesterdox is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 06-05-2006
Favorite 77s album: Holy Ghost Building

quote:

How's about "Down the Road Apiece" with a hidden track covering Amos Wilburn's tune?

..."man, it's better than chicken fried in bacon grease, come on with me boys, it's just down the road apiece...

For those who've never heard it before, here's a great link to two of Milburn's tunes. Listen or download for free.
http://www.livinblues.com/bluesrooms/amosmilburn.asp

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Chesterdox: 04-21-2008 09:07.

04-21-2008 07:11 Chesterdox is offline Send an Email to Chesterdox Homepage of Chesterdox Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Chesterdox: none YIM Account Name of Chesterdox: none View the MSN Profile for Chesterdox
Nekkid Prey Nekkid Prey is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-06-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

New Album Title Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Actually, I had suggested Songs from the Poor House very early on. Mike didn't like it.

Several weeks ago, at the studio, Mark and I were brainstorming some one- or two-word titles (Mark likes short album titles), and I came up with Taproot, which conjures up all sorts of imagery: returning to the Sevens' bluesy roots, tapping into old Gospel tunes, yadda yadda yadda. I even thought of a guitar-shaped tree (neck down), with extended guitar strings burying themselves into the dirt.

While Mike liked the title, he convinced me that Holy Ghost Building was more accessible to the masses. I dig it. Mike digs it. Time will tell whether Mark and Bruce dig it.

But I still like Taproot, no matter what you title it, Mike. In fact, I'm willing to retitle it for anyone who wants a custom job CD cover, kinda like how Mike retitles the self-titled Sevens album "PRAY NAKED." Tongue

Best,

Mike Beidler

04-24-2008 22:19 Nekkid Prey is offline Send an Email to Nekkid Prey Homepage of Nekkid Prey Search for Posts by Nekkid Prey Add Nekkid Prey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Nekkid Prey: Nekkid Prey YIM Account Name of Nekkid Prey: mike_beidler

quote:
Taproot

Decent name, although it immediately reminds me of the nu-metal band Taproot.

BTW, will this be out in time for the tour? It's getting awfully close... Shocked

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by MarkyMark77: 04-25-2008 09:24.

04-25-2008 09:13 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

quote:
Originally posted by Cynthia
quote:

It seems that this is the official consensus.

04-25-2008 11:17 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List

WORKIN' ON A BUILDING by Bill Monroe

If I was a gambler, I tell you what I'd do
I'd quit my gambling and I'd work on the building, too

I'm a working on a building
For my Lord, for my Lord

It's a holy ghost building
For my Lord, for my Lord

If I was a drunkard I tell you what I would do
I'd quit my drinking and I'd work on the building too

For my Lord, for my Lord

For my Lord, for my Lord

If I was a preacher I tell you what I would do
I would keep on preaching and work on the building too

For my Lord, for my Lord

For my Lord, for my Lord

04-25-2008 17:55 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cynthia
quote:

It seems that this is the official consensus.

I like that one, to me it fits the music and concept really well. As I said in a previous post, I feel the old time blues/gospel feel conjures up images of a a sort of glorious but tragic past.

I was watching "Ray" the Ray Charles movie the other night and its the scenes of his humble childhood and old Churches and hardship.

Audiori J has attached this image:
Peg%2BLeg1.jpg

04-25-2008 18:06
JR88 JR88 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-475.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: 88

here's a cover idea....

04-25-2008 19:49 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
Squidzit
Kite Without a String

images/avatars/avatar-490.gif

Location: IL, Home of Rod Blagojevich (I never voted for him!)

Holy Ghost Batman! Shocked

04-25-2008 20:00 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List

The script should be actual handwriting, like someone wrote on the photo, and this font was as close as I could get.

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by MarkyMark77: 04-25-2008 22:37.

04-25-2008 22:28 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male

a couple more

04-26-2008 06:28 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
JR88 JR88 is a male

another one.....I'm bored today

04-26-2008 09:25 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
Pages (20): « first ... « previous 14 15 [16] 17 18 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » New 77's album

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH