77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » New 77's album » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (20): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New 77's album 7 Votes - Average Rating: 10.007 Votes - Average Rating: 10.007 Votes - Average Rating: 10.007 Votes - Average Rating: 10.007 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Audiori J
unregistered
New 77's album Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

A thread for ideas, news and questions about the new 77s album.
08-29-2006 08:05
JR88 JR88 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-475.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: 88

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

here's a cover concept and album name

The Seventy-Sevens "Blackboard"

of course this pic is not that good looking but it's an idea Smile

08-29-2006 09:56 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That looks like the cover to Tribute #2.

08-29-2006 11:56 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
HULK HULK is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-584.jpg

Favorite 77s album: ALL FALL DOWN

HULK LOOKING FORWARD TO NEW KICK ASS 77S CD

08-29-2006 16:22 HULK is offline Send an Email to HULK Search for Posts by HULK Add HULK to your Buddy List
.evangeline. .evangeline. is a female
Radioactive Hatchling

Registration Date: 06-05-2004

Ideas? i thought it was already recorded?

"...the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force."
08-29-2006 16:29 .evangeline. is offline Send an Email to .evangeline. Search for Posts by .evangeline. Add .evangeline. to your Buddy List
HULK HULK is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-584.jpg

Favorite 77s album: ALL FALL DOWN

THAT WHAT HULK THOUGHT TOO. HULK IDEA IS 77S WRITE SONG ABOUT HULK. IT WOULD HAVE SMASHING, AND MORE SMASHING AND... ON SECOND THOUGHT MAYBE HULK SONG SHOULD BE SAVED FOR NEXT LOST DOGS ALBUM.

08-29-2006 16:37 HULK is offline Send an Email to HULK Search for Posts by HULK Add HULK to your Buddy List
.evangeline. .evangeline. is a female
Radioactive Hatchling

Registration Date: 06-05-2004

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The 77s are a much better match for Hulk.

"...the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force."
08-29-2006 16:41 .evangeline. is offline Send an Email to .evangeline. Search for Posts by .evangeline. Add .evangeline. to your Buddy List
Fred Huggins Fred Huggins is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 08-25-2006

Not to try and complicate the project but hidden tracks or extra media on the disc can be a great surprise! I enjoyed Lovely Man and Tall Trees. Also, a special edition, "numbered" release is exciting for fans, like the alternate cover of It's For You (which I don't have but saw on Michael's website - LOL!).

I'd also love to see a few extra knick-knacks available if possible. I'd like to get my boys a few t-shirts or stickers, promoting the new album. Perhaps these could be a "special edition" item.

Is Michael's upcoming solo release going to be similar to his Say Your Prayers? Just wondering. That is a beautiful album.

08-29-2006 18:54 Fred Huggins is offline Send an Email to Fred Huggins Search for Posts by Fred Huggins Add Fred Huggins to your Buddy List
JohnL JohnL is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-311.jpg

Registration Date: 07-11-2006
Favorite 77s album: Crows

quote:
Originally posted by Fred Huggins
Not to try and complicate the project but hidden tracks or extra media on the disc can be a great surprise! I enjoyed Lovely Man and Tall Trees. Also, a special edition, "numbered" release is exciting for fans, like the alternate cover of It's For You (which I don't have but saw on Michael's website - LOL!).

I'd also love to see a few extra knick-knacks available if possible. I'd like to get my boys a few t-shirts or stickers, promoting the new album. Perhaps these could be a "special edition" item.

Is Michael's upcoming solo release going to be similar to his Say Your Prayers? Just wondering. That is a beautiful album.

I'll second that. The more extras, the better... Big Grin
08-29-2006 19:07 JohnL is offline Send an Email to JohnL Search for Posts by JohnL Add JohnL to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-294.gif

Registration Date: 05-19-2005
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

quote:
Originally posted by JohnL
quote:
Originally posted by Fred Huggins

I'll second that. The more extras, the better... Big Grin

and free too, guys, don't forget free.

08-29-2006 19:30 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

Idea #1 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

As for the new album...I don't care what it is. I'll buy it. I'll like it. Just pack it with as much music as you can....

Just like I posted on the Lost Dogs board, a greatest hits/best of package would be great. Especially since they've never had one. Not necessarily for the serious fan, but for stores and festivals to introduce people to the band. And also, like I said on the LD board, a B-sides/rareties disc would be cool. Maybe someone could make a list of what would be on a rareties disc.

GREATEST HITS:
Mercy, Mercy
MT
Blue Sky
A Different Kind of Light
Nowhere Else
The Lust, The Flesh...
Kites Without Strings
Someone New
For Crying Out Loud
Can't Get Over It
Nobody's Fault But Mine
Do It For Love
This Is The Way Love Is
Rocks In Your Head
Mr. Magoo
Related

Picking a greatest hits would not be picking a best of (and vice versa), but you want to pick anything that was a single or a video or got some airplay. This is so that people who aren't familiar with the band might find something they know and buy it.

But, I also had a friend of mine who knew Mike Roe because of "Come and Gone", which I thought was really weird. I thought "More Miserable..." was more of an underground release. Did it get nat'l distribution? Anyway, so that proves that it's hard to pick what people might know, I guess.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by MarkyMark77: 08-30-2006 07:58.

08-30-2006 07:53 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Fred Huggins Fred Huggins is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 08-25-2006

Come and Gone is one of my favorites but I would have considered that one underground as well. Guess you never know what people will like or remember. I've purchased some greatest hits albums that are missing some of the artists' greatest work in my opinion.

08-30-2006 09:48 Fred Huggins is offline Send an Email to Fred Huggins Search for Posts by Fred Huggins Add Fred Huggins to your Buddy List
JohnL JohnL is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-311.jpg

Registration Date: 07-11-2006
Favorite 77s album: Crows

RE: Idea #1 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
As for the new album...I don't care what it is. I'll buy it. I'll like it. Just pack it with as much music as you can....

Just like I posted on the Lost Dogs board, a greatest hits/best of package would be great. Especially since they've never had one. Not necessarily for the serious fan, but for stores and festivals to introduce people to the band. And also, like I said on the LD board, a B-sides/rareties disc would be cool. Maybe someone could make a list of what would be on a rareties disc.

GREATEST HITS:
Mercy, Mercy
MT
Blue Sky
A Different Kind of Light
Nowhere Else
The Lust, The Flesh...
Kites Without Strings
Someone New
For Crying Out Loud
Can't Get Over It
Nobody's Fault But Mine
Do It For Love
This Is The Way Love Is
Rocks In Your Head
Mr. Magoo
Related

Picking a greatest hits would not be picking a best of (and vice versa), but you want to pick anything that was a single or a video or got some airplay. This is so that people who aren't familiar with the band might find something they know and buy it.

But, I also had a friend of mine who knew Mike Roe because of "Come and Gone", which I thought was really weird. I thought "More Miserable..." was more of an underground release. Did it get nat'l distribution? Anyway, so that proves that it's hard to pick what people might know, I guess.

I would rather have a disc of rarities than a greatest hits disk. They could call it "Sticks and Stones 2" or "More Sticks and Stones".
08-30-2006 11:25 JohnL is offline Send an Email to JohnL Search for Posts by JohnL Add JohnL to your Buddy List

Please understand that a greatest hits would be for introducing people the the 7's.

A rareties disc would be great. And, there would be no studio cost, just production. Or an official release of the C-Stone 2006 performance, perhaps????

09-02-2006 18:18 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
runtmc2jc runtmc2jc is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 10-10-2006
Favorite 77s album: sticks and stones

greatest hits Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I guess it's pretty easy to see what's my favorite 77's album is.

here my list:

MT
Nowhere Else
Thie is the Way Love Is
Don't This Way
You Walked in the Room
The Loop
God Sends Quails
Love Without Dreams
Do it for Love
The Lust, The Flesh...
Pearls Before Swine
Bottom Line
Caught in an Unguarded Moment
I Can't Get Over It
What Was in That Letter
Frames Without Photographs
11-09-2006 07:13 runtmc2jc is offline Send an Email to runtmc2jc Search for Posts by runtmc2jc Add runtmc2jc to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

quote:
Originally posted by HULK
HULK LOOKING FORWARD TO NEW KICK ASS 77S CD

Me too! Pleased
11-28-2006 13:54 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List

New info... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Any new info on this disc or a possible track list?

12-04-2006 11:48 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
snowblind snowblind is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-404.gif

Registration Date: 03-28-2006

Everytime I see this thread pop up on the MB, I get all excited, but it just always seems to be somebody (like me) that's just asking what's up... Frown

I know that Mike has been on the road a lot lately with the Dogs, so I'm sure that not much has happened in the last couple of months...

12-04-2006 12:19 snowblind is offline Send an Email to snowblind Homepage of snowblind Search for Posts by snowblind Add snowblind to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

relax Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

All the music is done and I'm doing lead vocals now -- got about four or five of the ten or twelve (I can't remember how many) done, then onto background vocals and then the mix.

Should be done in time for the Spring tour (!) The 'track list' has already been posted elsewhere on the blackboard, but we may add one or more songs done raw and acoustic-like....
12-07-2006 02:01 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
snowblind snowblind is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-404.gif

Registration Date: 03-28-2006

The prodigal son returns!!

Good news... just make sure that Atlanta's on that spring tour... Cool

12-07-2006 05:48 snowblind is offline Send an Email to snowblind Homepage of snowblind Search for Posts by snowblind Add snowblind to your Buddy List
Pages (20): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » New 77's album

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH