77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » Lost Dogs Via Chicago Reloaded » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lost Dogs Via Chicago Reloaded
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
JR88 JR88 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-475.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: 88

Lost Dogs Via Chicago Reloaded Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Frown I'm tired

07-06-2004 06:03 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
JR88 JR88 is a male

Thread Starter Thread Started by JR88
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The Dogs were awesome, as usual, I did not get the set list nor was I able to listen to the entire concert. I was busy all day setting up and making sure things got done.

I'm hoping someone who was there and watched it all the way through could give a more insightful review of the show.

07-06-2004 06:21 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
TaylorJeff TaylorJeff is a male
Praying Naked

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I feel like I got run over by a Mac truck. I'm too old to stay out that late anymore.

But the show was awesome.

I can't remember all the songs in the set list, but I know they played the following:

Moses In The Desert
Certain Love
If You Want To
The Lust.....
To Cover You (AWESOME version of this song. Always was one of my fav Choir tunes)
Bad Indigestion (as part of a medley, I believe, but I honestly can't remember)
Why Is the Devil Red?
Sunshine Down

I know they played many, many more, but I'm still a bit sleep deprived to remember any of the other tracks.

I have seen the Dogs a few times, have seen the 77s/Mike Roe a number of times, and have seen the Choir 3 or 4 times.

This show ranked up there pretty high. The comraderie (sp.) that those 4 share is amazing. The were having fun, and it showed, both in their performance, and in their between song banter. Great group of muscians and people.

It was also a REAL privilege for me to have the opportunity to have dinner post-show with the guys, namely Derri, Steve, and Terry. The table we all sat at was not quite conducive to our large group, so the four of us shared a separate table.

I felt like Beavis.

Although they were EXTREMELY down to earth, and kind, without throwing off any kind of 'rockstar' persona whatsoever, all I could think was how I grew up listening to all their music, and all the admiration over the years I've had for them individually, and as a group, and I was pretty dumbfounded. I didn't say too much, mostly out of not wanting to come off like some groupie freak that could only say, "Uh, huh huh, you guys rawk!" They were more than gracious, and we had a great time over dinner. It was an experience I won't soon forget.

Thanks Driver, and thanks Dogs!

Spent of all my strength, relying on Yours

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by TaylorJeff: 07-06-2004 08:20.

07-06-2004 08:19 TaylorJeff is offline Homepage of TaylorJeff Search for Posts by TaylorJeff Add TaylorJeff to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male

How did Crosseyed do? Wink

07-06-2004 08:21 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
Praying Naked

quote:
Originally posted by Driver8

Oops. Shocked

Crosseyed was good. Played some covers, sounded great. Good group of musicians.

And hardly a head in the church rolled when Driver broke into "Sweet Emotion". Tongue

That frontman had some kind of rock god complex, though. Claimed to be big in Europe and all. Big Grin Big Grin

07-06-2004 08:24 TaylorJeff is offline Homepage of TaylorJeff Search for Posts by TaylorJeff Add TaylorJeff to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male

quote:
Originally posted by TaylorJeff
quote:

Oops. Shocked

Crosseyed was good. Played some covers, sounded great. Good group of musicians.

And hardly a head in the church rolled when Driver broke into "Sweet Emotion". Tongue

That frontman had some kind of rock god complex, though. Claimed to be big in Europe and all. Big Grin Big Grin

Tongue LOL Tongue

07-06-2004 08:28 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
Bret 3B Bret 3B is a male
Mr. Magoo

Registration Date: 06-30-2004

quote:
Originally posted by TaylorJeff
I feel like I got run over by a Mac truck. I'm too old to stay out that late anymore.

But the show was awesome.

I can't remember all the songs in the set list, but I know they played the following:

Moses In The Desert
Certain Love
If You Want To
The Lust.....
To Cover You (AWESOME version of this song. Always was one of my fav Choir tunes)
Bad Indigestion (as part of a medley, I believe, but I honestly can't remember)
Why Is the Devil Red?
Sunshine Down

I know they played many, many more, but I'm still a bit sleep deprived to remember any of the other tracks.

I have seen the Dogs a few times, have seen the 77s/Mike Roe a number of times, and have seen the Choir 3 or 4 times.

This show ranked up there pretty high. The comraderie (sp.) that those 4 share is amazing. The were having fun, and it showed, both in their performance, and in their between song banter. Great group of muscians and people.

It was also a REAL privilege for me to have the opportunity to have dinner post-show with the guys, namely Derri, Steve, and Terry. The table we all sat at was not quite conducive to our large group, so the four of us shared a separate table.

I felt like Beavis.

Although they were EXTREMELY down to earth, and kind, without throwing off any kind of 'rockstar' persona whatsoever, all I could think was how I grew up listening to all their music, and all the admiration over the years I've had for them individually, and as a group, and I was pretty dumbfounded. I didn't say too much, mostly out of not wanting to come off like some groupie freak that could only say, "Uh, huh huh, you guys rawk!" They were more than gracious, and we had a great time over dinner. It was an experience I won't soon forget.

Thanks Driver, and thanks Dogs!

Hey Jeff,

Glad to hear that you had a great time. When Mike & Mark came to Springfield, we had the pleasure of dining with them after the show, along with Marti, Driver8 & Rob 3.0.

I told Mike & Mark that I understood that there was a fine line between being a gracious host and a goofball fan, and to let me know if and when I cross that line. They never called me on it, so either they were too kind, or I did a good job of staying on the "gracious host" side.

I hope to be able to do it again sometime.

Kinda like the "Doublemint Twins"
07-06-2004 09:24 Bret 3B is offline Send an Email to Bret 3B Homepage of Bret 3B Search for Posts by Bret 3B Add Bret 3B to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Bret 3B: fortydlux
Mr. Magoo

Hey D8,

Thanks for the call and the personal review of the show. Wish I could have been there to hear the opening set, too. It sounds like you guys had a great time with it.

We gotta figger out when we can do it again!

07-06-2004 09:40 Bret 3B is offline Send an Email to Bret 3B Homepage of Bret 3B Search for Posts by Bret 3B Add Bret 3B to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Bret 3B: fortydlux
JR88 JR88 is a male

quote:
Originally posted by Bret 3B
Hey D8,

Thanks for the call and the personal review of the show. Wish I could have been there to hear the opening set, too. It sounds like you guys had a great time with it.

Oh great! Now everyone's gonna be mad at me cause I didn't call them personaly Roll Eyes

07-06-2004 09:42 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
Praying Naked

quote:
quote:
Hey D8,

Oh great! Now everyone's gonna be mad at me cause I didn't call them personaly Roll Eyes

Nope. Only me. Mad Mad Mad

Oh, wait a minute.....

07-06-2004 09:44 TaylorJeff is offline Homepage of TaylorJeff Search for Posts by TaylorJeff Add TaylorJeff to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male

LOL Big Grin

check your PM's TJ Smile

07-06-2004 09:45 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
Mr. Magoo

quote:
quote:
Hey D8,

DISCLAIMER...

I threw a fit and made D8 call me. He really didn't want to. He only did it so I would quit bugging him, and besides...I gave him my toll free number, so he wouldn't get in trouble for the LD call from work!

Big Grin

07-06-2004 09:50 Bret 3B is offline Send an Email to Bret 3B Homepage of Bret 3B Search for Posts by Bret 3B Add Bret 3B to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Bret 3B: fortydlux
freek freek is a male
Mr. Magoo

Registration Date: 06-09-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land In Sight

don't try to cover for him Bret!

I am Pissed! I can't believe that D8 - the gall, the thoughtlessness, the...

Man, I know where I stand...

Crying

Mad

Wink

07-06-2004 09:53 freek is offline Send an Email to freek Search for Posts by freek Add freek to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of freek: doug77@mac.com
Squidzit
Kite Without a String

images/avatars/avatar-490.gif

Location: IL, Home of Rod Blagojevich (I never voted for him!)

quote:

Crosseyed opened? Confused

I thought that was the Village People!! Shocked

Tongue

Crosseyed rocked! Cool

And they rolled! Cool

Big Grin

Pleased

And they kept stumbling all over the stage because they couldn't see straight................... Tongue Wink Wink Roll Eyes Big Grin

07-06-2004 10:23 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Radioactive Crow

images/avatars/avatar-180.gif

Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land in Sight

So what was Crosseyed's set list?

Was I ever on the inside?
07-06-2004 10:27 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
JR88 JR88 is a male

quote:
Originally posted by rob 3.0

Running Down A Dream

In God's Country

Learning To Fly

Long Train Running

Sweet Emotion

That's What I Like About You

07-06-2004 10:30 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
Mr. Magoo

quote:
quote:

Running Down A Dream

In God's Country

Learning To Fly

Long Train Running

Sweet Emotion

The "Tom Petty" Learning to Fly???

07-06-2004 10:33 Bret 3B is offline Send an Email to Bret 3B Homepage of Bret 3B Search for Posts by Bret 3B Add Bret 3B to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Bret 3B: fortydlux
JR88 JR88 is a male

quote:
quote:
quote:

Running Down A Dream

In God's Country

Learning To Fly

Long Train Running

Sweet Emotion

The "Tom Petty" Learning to Fly???

Yes....not the Pink Floyd one

and Sweet Emotion was done with revised lyrics Smile )

07-06-2004 10:34 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
freek freek is a male
Mr. Magoo

Registration Date: 06-09-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land In Sight

love the petty... running down a dream & learning to fly...

but most impressed with the closer!!!

great rockin' way to close the set!

07-06-2004 10:34 freek is offline Send an Email to freek Search for Posts by freek Add freek to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of freek: doug77@mac.com
JR88 JR88 is a male

quote:
Originally posted by freek
love the petty... running down a dream & learning to fly...

but most impressed with the closer!!!

great rockin' way to close the set!

that one was the weakest one during practice(we had timing issues on the HEY'S!!)....but with God's help we pulled it off without a hitch! Smile )

07-06-2004 10:36 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » Lost Dogs Via Chicago Reloaded

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH