77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » New member, long time fan, old memories » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New member, long time fan, old memories
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Skevin Skevin is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-492.jpg

Registration Date: 07-15-2006
Favorite 77s album: Sticks & Stones

New member, long time fan, old memories Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I bought "Sticks and Stones" two days after it was released and I've been addicted to sevens every since. I remember taking a college algebra class and every time my professor called on me for an answer it was always "seven".

I've seen the 77's live 7 times. I've seen the lost dogs 4 times and Mike solo twice. I've turned on countless friends to Mike's work. Heck, if the 77's were a network marketing co. I'd be rich right now. I've got a-lot of great 77's memories but probably my favorite was at Bonnaroo 2003. No they did not play the fest, but I had the good fortune of working the first four Roo's in the capacity of hospitality for the artists on the main stage. And around 10:30 A.M. on the last day of Bonnaroo 2003, the mainstage soundman throws on "Drowning With Land In Sight" for the lot of stinky hippies to soak in. I was giddy. I'll never forget running up to the stage to hear "Mezzo" through the loudspeakers in a way I've never heard it before.
Of course, I couldn't help but thinking, "yeah, if all these folks could see & hear this live...". But I'm o.k. with it. I like being a fan of the best kept secret in rock and roll.
07-15-2006 10:12 Skevin is offline Send an Email to Skevin Search for Posts by Skevin Add Skevin to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Skevin: k7t7
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

RE: New member, long time fan, old memories Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Skevin
I've got a-lot of great 77's memories but probably my favorite was at Bonnaroo 2003. No they did not play the fest, but I had the good fortune of working the first four Roo's in the capacity of hospitality for the artists on the main stage. And around 10:30 A.M. on the last day of Bonnaroo 2003, the mainstage soundman throws on "Drowning With Land In Sight" for the lot of stinky hippies to soak in. I was giddy. I'll never forget running up to the stage to hear "Mezzo" through the loudspeakers in a way I've never heard it before.

welcome!!!!!

that is one GREAT story.

07-15-2006 10:15 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I would think the Bonnaroo folk would like The 77s. I could see The 77s opening for Ween. (although it should be the other way around)

07-15-2006 13:23 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Welcome aboard!
07-15-2006 13:27 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-294.gif

Registration Date: 05-19-2005
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Welcome!

07-15-2006 20:27 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-86.jpg

Registration Date: 09-17-2004

CooL Cool & welcome to the 77sMB Smile
07-15-2006 20:28 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004

Evil Welcome! Evil

07-17-2006 07:02 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Alex Alex is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-115.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2005
Favorite 77s album: Eighty Eight

Welcome

Alex

07-18-2006 02:19 Alex is offline Send an Email to Alex Homepage of Alex Search for Posts by Alex Add Alex to your Buddy List
BigDork
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Location: lI was lonely and hungry, but not so lonely I wouldn't eat

quote:
Originally posted by Alex
Welcome Alex

I think his name is skevin...

Welcome skev!

07-18-2006 06:31 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Tongue

07-18-2006 06:46 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » New member, long time fan, old memories

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH