77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » hey mark! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page hey mark!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

hey mark! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

good to see you here. you should drop by more often.

how are things?

07-07-2006 11:32 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
JR88 JR88 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-475.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: 88

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Mad he's answering my ebow question! Mad

07-07-2006 11:32 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
JR88 JR88 is a male

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Mark, what's your impression of Jojo Garza from Los Lonely Boys??

Do you dig them?

07-07-2006 11:35 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Lets keep this to one thread!

07-07-2006 11:41 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Radioactive Crow

images/avatars/avatar-180.gif

Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land in Sight

quote:
Originally posted by Driver8
Mark, what's your impression of Jojo Garza from Los Lonely Boys??

Do you dig them?

I'd rather see his impression of Robin Williams

Was I ever on the inside?
07-08-2006 17:47 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
JR88 JR88 is a male

well, if you read his reponse in the other thread...........he loves LLB.....

Jojo is an awesome Bass player, pick up one of thier DVD's and find out......

Henry is also one of the best guitar players ever.......plus they are hermanos like my sangre porque son de la raza mexicana.....

Ora le!

07-08-2006 17:54 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Radioactive Crow

images/avatars/avatar-180.gif

Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land in Sight

I'd still rather see his impression of Robin Williams Tongue

Was I ever on the inside?
07-08-2006 18:03 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
JR88 JR88 is a male

07-08-2006 18:06 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
j77
unregistered

quote:

Henry is also one of the best guitar players ever.......plus they are hermanos like my sangre porque son de la raza mexicana.....

Ora le!

You're stretching things to call Henry one of the best ever. Maybe one of the best Hispanic players ever, but... Roll Eyes
07-08-2006 20:21
JR88 JR88 is a male

quote:
Originally posted by j77
quote:

Ora le!

You're stretching things to call Henry one of the best ever. Maybe one of the best Hispanic players ever, but... Roll Eyes

I'm not stretching anything, he is one of the best and that's my opinion, if you don't agree than so be it Red Face

you would consider Mike one of the best yet there's a sea of people that would disagree with you Tongue

have you ever seen LLB live??
I have and some of the things that guy does with the guitar are amazing!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by JR88: 07-08-2006 20:53.

07-08-2006 20:50 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
j77
unregistered

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by j77
quote:

Ora le!

I'm not stretching anything, he is one of the best and that's my opinion, if you don't agree than so be it

you would consider Mike one of the best yet there's a sea of people that would disagree with you Tongue

have you ever seen LLB live??
I have and some of the things that guy does with the guitar are amazing!

I have not seen LLB live, but I have several boots of their shows and my opinion stands. Trust me I know the blues genre, I have 200-300 blues CDs from the 20's - 30's all the way to all the current players and in the blues genre alone I could name you 10 players that play with more skill, heart and feel than the LLB dude.

Anyway, that's my opinion, you are entitled to yours even if it's wrong Big Grin
07-09-2006 05:53
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

Thread Starter Thread Started by larryl

noone who has as few records out as LLB should be called any kind of 'best ever'

07-09-2006 05:58 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
j77
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by larryl
noone who has as few records out as LLB should be called any kind of 'best ever'

I can agree with that Pleased
07-09-2006 06:11
JR88 JR88 is a male

like I said it's all opinion.......mine and yours Tongue

07-09-2006 06:54 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-86.jpg

Registration Date: 09-17-2004

quote:

well I just saw Los Lonely Boys live about a 10 days ago Cool
Great musicians all around. great vocals, good all around sound.

awesome, best guitar players ever, one of the best, amazing! ???

sure, why not Confused
a few times I thought of santana, not him specifically but the sound of some of their tunes...
Henry did about a 10 min. solo wow Shocked
it was great, I have not heard much better live.

JoJo did fine, I really liked when he & Ringo did the Drum "solo" together, I caught myself with my mouth dropped open...
then Henry strapped his guitar on Ringo for a little switch solo Cool
over all a great show Smile plus it was a free outdoors show, 80 & sunny.
& it ended right before the mosquitoes came out Tongue I left with a BiG smile on my FaCe Happy
07-09-2006 09:30 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

quote:
Originally posted by LuR KiNG
quote:

well I just saw Los Lonely Boys live about a 10 days ago Cool
Great musicians all around. great vocals, good all around sound.

awesome, best guitar players ever, one of the best, amazing! ???

sure, why not Confused
a few times I thought of santana, not him specifically but the sound of some of their tunes...
Henry did about a 10 min. solo wow Shocked
it was great, I have not heard much better live.

JoJo did fine, I really liked when he & Ringo did the Drum "solo" together, I caught myself with my mouth dropped open...
then Henry strapped his guitar on Ringo for a little switch solo Cool
over all a great show Smile plus it was a free outdoors show, 80 & sunny.
& it ended right before the mosquitoes came out Tongue I left with a BiG smile on my FaCe Happy

I have their DVD and will say that the boys are some great showmen. Henry's playing is very Santana meets SRV covering Hendrix. Henry is a very good guitar player, and I really like him, but I feel that he is an emulator, and not the innovator that Carlos and some of the other guitar greats have been. Heck...even one of my favorites, Knopfler, is very much of an emulator of Chet Atkins and Hank Marvin.

So...to sum up. The boys are showmen, the LLB sound like Santana meets SRV covering Hendrix, Henry has skills but hasn't broken thru with something that is his own yet, and I dig guitar players that emulate other guitar greats, sometimes more than the ones that they emulate.

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
07-09-2006 11:27 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

Thread Starter Thread Started by larryl

kenny wayne shepherd was that way......his first album, and tour, he was an SRV clone......i saw him again about 4 years later, and he was a monster; still a lot of SRV there, but definitely his own sound.......

sometimes it takes people a while to develop their sound, but until they do, to me, they are not 'one of the best ever'

07-09-2006 12:02 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Squidzit
Kite Without a String

images/avatars/avatar-490.gif

Location: IL, Home of Rod Blagojevich (I never voted for him!)

Shania Twain is the best ever! Don't even bother arguing! Red Face

07-13-2006 17:12 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

quote:
Originally posted by Squidzit
Shania Twain is the best ever! Don't even bother arguing! Red Face

07-14-2006 05:48 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » hey mark!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH