77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » CD & DVD Reviews » 77s DVD » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (6): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 77s DVD 8 Votes - Average Rating: 8.758 Votes - Average Rating: 8.758 Votes - Average Rating: 8.758 Votes - Average Rating: 8.75
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-353.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by tom tom blue
in the new issue of CCM they review the DVD and give it a GRADE of
B

sometimes ccm is just stupid....sometimes they are right...can you guess what they are in this?

INSERT YOUR ANSWER HERE________________

Yeah...I dunno. They gave it a good written review though....the grade doesn't really match the review. Mike told me last night a B in CCM is an A anywhere else. I don't read the magazine, (never did) so I don't care all that much one way or another...

jeffrey k.

11-08-2006 10:28 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
snowblind snowblind is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-404.gif

Registration Date: 03-28-2006
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm just glad that CCM gave it any review...

11-08-2006 10:46 snowblind is offline Send an Email to snowblind Homepage of snowblind Search for Posts by snowblind Add snowblind to your Buddy List
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004

CCM sucks and so does the magazine!

11-08-2006 12:47 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Unbalanced

Christmas Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just put the 77s DVD on my Christmas wish list for my wife...
Big Grin

(i know i should be ashamed for not already having it...)

11-08-2006 13:17 snowblind is offline Send an Email to snowblind Homepage of snowblind Search for Posts by snowblind Add snowblind to your Buddy List
Rocks in your Head

Yes you should! Mad

11-08-2006 13:38 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
tom tom blue tom tom blue is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-268.jpg

Registration Date: 05-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: STICKS & STONES

yes, be very ashamed!!!! a 77s dvd is a must have

11-08-2006 16:39 tom tom blue is offline Send an Email to tom tom blue Homepage of tom tom blue Search for Posts by tom tom blue Add tom tom blue to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of tom tom blue: raelzoo
Commander Cote Commander Cote is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 12-16-2006

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Dear Jeffrey
I received my 77's dvd and you did a fabulous job! Might I inquire about the Cornerstone 84 footage.
It looks a lot like the ffotage I shot on my Sony Beta Camera. I think it was about 3 or 4 years ago at Cornerstone I (finally) gave Mike aVHS copy of the show which also included DA, Steve Taylor, and one song by The Choir. And for those who missed it Big Dork actually made a limited number of dvd's which included all but the choir. Well anyway I was glad I shot the videos that year for this (and hopefully a DA ) project. Thanks again for this great dvd!
Commander Cote
12-17-2006 05:01 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
Mr. Magoo

Commander,

Glad you liked the DVD. As for the Cornerstone 84 footage...you asked me this back in early July, and I still don't know for certain. It probably is the same, and if it is, thanks a million, it fit great in the project! Happy
The only reason I'm not 100% sure it's yours is that we received other Cornerstone footage from the same year, same show, etc. For all the footage I was supplied with stuff from 3 different sources within the band, as well as several tapes/CD's/DVD's from sources that have worked with the band over the years....including the Cornerstone Festival....and with the exception of stuff that was shot by the Townsends and Mike Rholinger, not one tape, DVD, whatever, had a listed credit for it's source...most of it didn't even have the year it was from. Don't know what else to tell you...but if it is the stuff you shot, thanks again. Big Grin

pardon all the edits...I can't spell in the morning....

jeffrey k.

quote:
Originally posted by Commander Cote
Dear Jeffrey
I received my 77's dvd and you did a fabulous job! Might I inquire about the Cornerstone 84 footage.
It looks a lot like the ffotage I shot on my Sony Beta Camera. I think it was about 3 or 4 years ago at Cornerstone I (finally) gave Mike aVHS copy of the show which also included DA, Steve Taylor, and one song by The Choir. And for those who missed it Big Dork actually made a limited number of dvd's which included all but the choir. Well anyway I was glad I shot the videos that year for this (and hopefully a DA ) project. Thanks again for this great dvd!
Commander Cote

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by jeffrey k.: 12-18-2006 18:25.

12-18-2006 07:14 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Commander Cote Commander Cote is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 12-16-2006

Jeffrey
I'll have to double check my originals, but it sure looks like it, and if it is I'm glad to have seen it on this wonderful project.
12-19-2006 14:51 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered

Yeah its cool footage. We are looking at the DA footage for the DVD we are trying to get together this month, running out of time. I don't think we can use the whole thing its like 30 minutes long and we got like 30 hours of video from the band. We are basically trying to get a song or so from a lot of different years.

CCM magazine went south in the 90s, the new editor is a fan of these bands though so that is a plus.
12-23-2006 07:43
Unbalanced

Got the DVD for Christmas!! Woohoo! Big Grin

Then, promptly left it at my in-law's house before I watched it... Frown

01-02-2007 11:59 snowblind is offline Send an Email to snowblind Homepage of snowblind Search for Posts by snowblind Add snowblind to your Buddy List
herringostarr herringostarr is a male
Praying Naked

images/avatars/avatar-420.jpg

Registration Date: 09-03-2005

Oh man, I FINALLY got the DVD for Christmas. It is awesome! There is a lot of stuff crammed on those discs...A great price for a great collection. And "Outskirts" (my personal favorite 77's tune) made the cut. Killer stuff!

I'm now carefully reviewing the live shows again, trying to figure out just how many concusions Doc Love gave himself with that danged mic stand during "It's So Sad".

Great job, jeffery k.. Thanks again!

01-03-2007 09:22 herringostarr is offline Send an Email to herringostarr Search for Posts by herringostarr Add herringostarr to your Buddy List
Unbalanced

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

OK, I finally got back over to the in-law's house last night and got my DVD. Great stuff! I watched most of it last night when I got home. Fantastic job! The packaging, production and collection of material is really nice. Congrats on a great video Jeffrey, Doc and 77s! Cool

01-20-2007 09:41 snowblind is offline Send an Email to snowblind Homepage of snowblind Search for Posts by snowblind Add snowblind to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

Those of you that have IMDB accounts... vote and add your reviews. Stuff like this on websites like IMDB can bring in sales for this title or more attention for the band in general. Always helpful to do stuff like this!

(Note: Some of the credits and band members are still being added... they do them one at a time over a long period of time).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0953592/
02-12-2007 15:51 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

quote:
Originally posted by Commander Cote
Jeffrey
I'll have to double check my originals, but it sure looks like it, and if it is I'm glad to have seen it on this wonderful project.

It's the same one.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 02-13-2007 12:49.

02-13-2007 12:48 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

A question for Jeffrey...

I see that the DVD is sold out. How well do you think it did? Obviously, you sold out, but I was wondering if you would offer a little more info. I just wonder because I'm curious how many 7's fans there are out there, and how well HGB will do. I understand if you'd rather not.

Thanks for all of your work with our favorite bands!

06-05-2008 08:15 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered

Its a tough question to answer because its tough to gage. A 77s album will sell higher numbers than a live disc, solo disc or DVD. It will most likely have to be multiprinted right away, and will continue to sell for years. I mean we are still selling copies of Tom Tom Blues, Drowning, Golden Fields, etc.

There is a small number of people that wll by everything, but there is a much larger group of fans that pick and choose. Some don't buy live stuff, some don't buy DVDs, and so on. A 77s album should have a much clearer picture, but even with that, part of that bigger group of fans will wait a while to buy. And there are some fans who fall away and some new ones added. Its pretty fluid.

I do know for example withn Golden Fields we've sold thousands, Dan Michaels sold the album as did a few other retailers. So we know how many people are in our customer base, but I wouldn't know how may people to add to it from these other outlets.

And I don't mean to answer for Jeffrey, he can answer for himself still.
06-05-2008 09:31
Rocks in your Head

I just hope Mike and fellas are making some kind of money off of all this!!!!! They deserve it!!!!!!!

06-05-2008 11:36 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Mr. Magoo

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
A question for Jeffrey...

I see that the DVD is sold out. How well do you think it did? Obviously, you sold out, but I was wondering if you would offer a little more info. I just wonder because I'm curious how many 7's fans there are out there, and how well HGB will do. I understand if you'd rather not.

Thanks for all of your work with our favorite bands!

I have no idea how many 77s fans there are. Sorry. Jason answered the rest.

jeffrey k.

06-05-2008 13:00 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

I wonder that myself, but how would you ever know?
Confused
06-05-2008 15:23 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Pages (6): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » CD & DVD Reviews » 77s DVD

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH