77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » CD & DVD Reviews » 77s DVD » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 77s DVD 8 Votes - Average Rating: 8.758 Votes - Average Rating: 8.758 Votes - Average Rating: 8.758 Votes - Average Rating: 8.75
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Audiori J
unregistered
77s DVD Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am going to write more later when I have more time, but thought we needed a thread started for those that have the DVD from Cornerstone or the Dogs shows. Let me say Brian Heydn did a great job with the artwork again, really beautiful. Some of this footage is really classic, multicamera shot and with it being 2 DVDs there is a lot there. Don't wait to buy, we all know what the alarma bookset goes for now.
07-07-2006 05:54
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

RE: 77s DVD Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
I am going to write more later when I have more time, but thought we needed a thread started for those that have the DVD from Cornerstone or the Dogs shows. Let me say Brian Heydn did a great job with the artwork again, really beautiful. Some of this footage is really classic, multicamera shot and with it being 2 DVDs there is a lot there. Don't wait to buy, we all know what the alarma bookset goes for now.

I will be ordering mine next Friday!!!!!!!

07-07-2006 06:12 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

oops///i knew there was something i needed to do today.......

07-07-2006 12:16 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
JR88 JR88 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-475.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: 88

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Shocked I just watched 3/4 of the first DVD Shocked

AWESOME!!! Great job ALL that had a hand in making this thing!!! I have enjoyed what I have viewed thus far.........I will watch the rest tomorrow.....got the Dogs tonight Cool

07-09-2006 12:55 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
Audiori J
unregistered

The clips are all great, its fun watching all the various 77s eras. The Warehouse films are my favorite I think, that one looks almost exactly like the pictures on '88. Same black and white, same drum head, same hairstyles, etc. Most of the films made me want to see more of them though.

Now.... Useless Parsley..... um, .....MIKE?!?!?! Shocked
07-10-2006 09:57
mr. magoo mr. magoo is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 07-10-2006
Favorite 77s album: Eighty Eight

quote:
The clips are all great, its fun watching all the various 77s eras. The Warehouse films are my favorite I think, that one looks almost exactly like the pictures on '88. Same black and white, same drum head, same hairstyles, etc. Most of the films made me want to see more of them though.

yeah Useless Parsley was useless

07-10-2006 12:42 mr. magoo is offline Send an Email to mr. magoo Search for Posts by mr. magoo Add mr. magoo to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

got it.....watched some bits and pieces......WOW

07-10-2006 14:07 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
j77
unregistered

man i can't wait for my copies to show up in my mailbox!
07-10-2006 14:11
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

quote:
Originally posted by mr. magoo
quote:

yeah Useless Parsley was useless

Useless Parsley was my wife's favorite. She likes goofy cornball stuff.

Yeah...I know......I set myself up with that last comment........... Tongue

07-10-2006 18:16 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-86.jpg

Registration Date: 09-17-2004

quote:
Originally posted by peawinkel
She likes goofy cornball stuff.

Big Grin
07-11-2006 05:00 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-86.jpg

Registration Date: 09-17-2004

Cool 77's 2-DVD set Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

DVD1 - Sevens: The 'Official' Videos
I had seen most of these but not all, great sutff
mike is even wearing a dä Kalhöun shirt in one.
Safe As Milk - Cornerstone 97 performance is great too.

DVD 2 - The Years Go Down: Live Concert Footage
this is great live stuff from 1982 - 1999
it left me wanting MoRe, there is more right?
almost 3 hours of footage WoW, I am tired...
07-11-2006 05:13 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
j77
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by j77
07-11-2006 07:56
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-353.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by j77
quote:
Originally posted by j77

yours should arrive today...they went out Priority Mail on Saturday I believe...so they should hit today....but then it is the USPS... Roll Eyes

jeffrey k.

07-11-2006 08:04 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
j77
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k.
quote:
Originally posted by j77
quote:
Originally posted by j77

yours should arrive today...they went out Priority Mail on Saturday I believe...so they should hit today....but then it is the USPS... Roll Eyes

jeffrey k.

Jeffrey, if they show up in my mailbox today, I'll never say anything bad about you ever again Tongue
07-11-2006 08:05
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-353.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by j77
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by j77
quote:
Originally posted by j77

jeffrey k.

Jeffrey, if they show up in my mailbox today, I'll never say anything bad about you ever again Tongue

wow....uh....I didn't know you were in the first place.... Tongue

but now I feel my honor is riding on the back of the USPS...and that scares me even more.... Big Grin

jeffrey k.

07-11-2006 08:08 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
j77
unregistered

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by j77
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by j77
quote:
Originally posted by j77

jeffrey k.

wow....uh....I didn't know you were in the first place.... Tongue

but now I feel my honor is riding on the back of the USPS...and that scares me even more.... Big Grin

jeffrey k.

Well, I guess I haven't ever said anything bad about you yet, but I could start... Wink Tongue
07-11-2006 08:11
studio246 studio246 is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 11-30-2004

A Must-own Collection! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I got this in the mail yesterday!

An absolute treasure for any 7s fan. Some highlights for me:
1) finally seeing the "Mercy Mercy" video on something besides an ancient, oxide-depleted VHS tape
2) seeing the other Exit Records artists make brief appearances in their TV special (Steve "Grilled Fish" Griffith especially)
3) Pat Boone's HILARIOUSLY square introduction of the 7s on his "Gospel Gold" show.
4) "It's So Sad" from the Ichthus festival, 1985... I was in the front row of that show.

Anyway, there's plenty more reasons to own this collection. That's just the first 4 I could think of. A heartfelt "Great job" to Jeffrey K and everyone involved in its production.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by studio246: 07-12-2006 07:24.

07-11-2006 10:35 studio246 is offline Send an Email to studio246 Homepage of studio246 Search for Posts by studio246 Add studio246 to your Buddy List
j77
unregistered

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by j77
quote:
Originally posted by j77

jeffrey k.

The did arrive today, you rock Jeffrey K.
07-11-2006 15:04
MefLiszto MefLiszto is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 06-14-2004

LOVED the whole thing, except the Elvis shtick, which I merely liked. Jeff Elbel did a great job on the audio. It sounds very clean, even if the levels are a bit low here and there. Also, it appears that the audio and video are slightly out of sync on Mercy Mercy, at least as compared to the downloadable version on this site. The audio is slightly ahead on the DVD. It's too bad the camcorder wasn't as prevalent in the late 80s as it is today. I'm watching my boots from CStone this year from my Sony Digital8 thinking "These rock! I which someone had had this equipment back then".
I too was at the Ichthus show, and still have my field audio boot of the show, or will have it whenever Mike sends it back to me (hint hint). My favorites are the first '87 Warehouse show, and the Safe As Milk show. Tell me if that isn't Rex Carroll from Whitecross playing the guitar.

Darin
07-14-2006 00:31 MefLiszto is offline Send an Email to MefLiszto Search for Posts by MefLiszto Add MefLiszto to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of MefLiszto: MefLiszto YIM Account Name of MefLiszto: Feykdrulez
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

from http://banophernalia.com/reviews/music/artists_roe.htm

True enough this is not the 77s, but they were all there: Bruce Spencer, Mark Harmon, and Scott Reams. Along with Michael Gregory on guitar and Carey Avery on percussion.

07-14-2006 06:31 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » CD & DVD Reviews » 77s DVD

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH