77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » CD & DVD Reviews » 77s DVD » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (6): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 77s DVD 8 Votes - Average Rating: 8.758 Votes - Average Rating: 8.758 Votes - Average Rating: 8.758 Votes - Average Rating: 8.75
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-353.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If you judge stuff from sales alone, my personal opinion is you'd be off....meaning that if you based the number of fans off of a CD like "99", then there would be less than 400 fans. But then with something like "Radioactive Crows" you'd be in the thousands. Plus there are many fans who like the band but don't buy stuff, or only buy full length CD's. I know several personally. There are also many that we are certain have just lost touch with the band over the years and would be thrilled about the new work. I'm working hard to try and secure some press for the record to see if we can't get back in touch with some of them.

jeffrey k.

06-05-2008 15:39 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yup... I think the average fan of most bands do not buy everything just the major albums.

I know more than a few folks like that myself.
06-05-2008 15:57 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

quote:
I'm working hard to try and secure some press for the record to see if we can't get back in touch with some of them.

I was thinking that this might actually be a 7's album that could get some play on CCM radio. I think "Working On The Building" would sound great on K-Love, both because it would be somewhat close to some of the stuff they play, and also because they badly need to play some decent music, IMO. I know most of that stuff is sewed up by major labels, but, speaking from experience of church people, they love this kind of music. I intend on promoting this as much as possible (on the sly) at my church by playing it for our church services. I know K-Love isn't exactly on the favorite lists of most people here (nor is it on mine; it all sounds like product to me), but that could translate into sales, if you can get it past their programming department.

Is there anything else that we can do, Jeff? Street team or anything else? I'm working hard on getting a bunch of people to the 7's show in Rock Island. I'd be glad to do more if needed!

quote:
I think the average fan of most bands do not buy everything just the major albums.

I think that those people are weird! Big Grin But, it's a music fan thing, I think, to buy everything by artists. I'm currently working on the entire Dylan catalog. I'm a completist because I want to hear everything by artists I like.

I was wondering if this will be on i-tunes or e-music? I get a ton of stuff off of e-music, but I always wonder what the profit is for the artists.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by MarkyMark77: 06-05-2008 17:02.

06-05-2008 16:59 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

I think it would sound great on this station!

89.3 The Current
06-05-2008 17:11 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List

NPR would be great. It would be great for bumper music on ATC.

Why the crap don't we have public radio like that in Illinois? We're a blue state, after all?!?!??? Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by MarkyMark77: 06-05-2008 17:17.

06-05-2008 17:16 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

I don't know. I love The Current, I have a cool yellow vinyl album
sampler they put together for their one year anniversary. Pleased

Chicago has some cool radio satations too, however. Cool

At least they did when I lived there! Tongue

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 06-05-2008 17:27.

06-05-2008 17:26 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

By the way, The Current is on MPR, not NPR! Pleased
06-05-2008 17:28 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List

quote:
By the way, The Current is on MPR, not NPR!

Yeah, I caught that. It's still public radio funded by taxpayers, right? That's what I was going on. Chicago does have some great stations. I do not live close to there. Crying

06-06-2008 15:55 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

You can still listen to most online.

It may not help in your car, but it's a start! Pleased
06-07-2008 03:30 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Robinbrevard Robinbrevard is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 08-20-2009

Got DVD artwork?!? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Could a brother or sister do me this kindness?

Since I guess I'm never gonna find a copy of The 77s Collection to buy, I'd at least like to see the artwork for it. So, can someone with the set do some scans and post them here on this thread?

I would be VERY grateful if so.

Thanks in advance!

(OK, so I posted this same message at several threads; apologies to you guys who actually tracks such things...)
08-28-2010 09:13 Robinbrevard is offline Search for Posts by Robinbrevard Add Robinbrevard to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2005

RE: Got DVD artwork?!? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Robinbrevard
Could a brother or sister do me this kindness?

Since I guess I'm never gonna find a copy of The 77s Collection to buy, I'd at least like to see the artwork for it. So, can someone with the set do some scans and post them here on this thread?

I would be VERY grateful if so.

Thanks in advance!

(OK, so I posted this same message at several threads; apologies to you guys who actually tracks such things...)

I thought I was just totally out of it and kept accidentally clicking on the same thread over and over.

08-28-2010 17:04 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Robinbrevard Robinbrevard is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 08-20-2009

RE: Got DVD artwork?!? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cynthia,

You're one of the people I was worried about!

Hope you can forgive me...

Wink
08-29-2010 11:37 Robinbrevard is offline Search for Posts by Robinbrevard Add Robinbrevard to your Buddy List
Pages (6): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » CD & DVD Reviews » 77s DVD

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH