77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » 77's DVD release announcement » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (6): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 77's DVD release announcement 4 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
lam77s

Registration Date: 05-29-2004

New stuff on website! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Have you checked out the 77's website lately? Take a gander...

http://77s.com/77sindex7.html

Linda
08-01-2006 22:34 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

RE: New stuff on website! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by lam77s
Have you checked out the 77's website lately? Take a gander...

http://77s.com/77sindex7.html

Linda

That is an excellent read.

Pleased

08-01-2006 22:46 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
phreaq phreaq is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-215.jpg

Registration Date: 11-09-2005
Favorite 77s album: DWLIS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Randy Layton is a great fan and friend of the 77's!!

What a nice article and great info. - FANtastic.

Long live the 77's!!!

~f

"do you get the blues sometimes?"

say "no" to Eleanor for Moderator

08-02-2006 05:36 phreaq is offline Send an Email to phreaq Homepage of phreaq Search for Posts by phreaq Add phreaq to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Randy seems to have a lot left in him as well. That's good to hear after all of the rather dire-sounding prayer request of days gone by.

08-02-2006 13:48 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
killmikelove killmikelove is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-259.jpg

Registration Date: 08-01-2006
Favorite 77s album: tom tom blues

re: dvd web essay Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey, just a quick hello from me. I have poked around in here over the years and just haven't got around to signing up-I don't usually have a lot of time to check in. I have been relying on the listserv for banter and news, but this certainly seems a bit more..active. So I'll have to come here a a bit more oftenSmile

First, thanks Marti, Doug, and Paul for those comments (and yes Marti, doing better. Not completely healthy, but getting there!) The essay was intended for the dvd project at one point, and was rejected at the last minute for length and other issues. Which was ok..so when you read it now, that's why it reads like I haven't seen the completed set, which at the time, I hadn't. Very surprised when Mark put it up.

Reading it now, it is long. It was an an attempt to do kind of do this sweeping look at the band over the years and look at it from a personal, professional, and spiritual perspective. I thought the long time fans and hardcores would find some of the inside stuff interesting (the Exit/Island days for example). I also imagine other people going, "What the heck is all this?" Also understandable. Anyway, kudos to all who wade through the whole thing Smile

Anyway, should any of you want to write me, either with archival questions, things you're looking for, etc-or more recently, what Mike should be playing at my wedding-please do so. And thanks for your prayer and support over the years..for some of you, that goes back to the early 80's, in another lifetime.

God is doing some great things in our lives, and it's fun to be sharing in that with you.

Randy Layton
Dead Label Syndrome
Alternative Records
killmkluv@aol.com
altrecords@aol.com
08-02-2006 17:41 killmikelove is offline Send an Email to killmikelove Search for Posts by killmikelove Add killmikelove to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

Thanks for the post, Randy, & especially for the essay. I really enjoyed it. Glad to know you're on the road to health & we'll keep praying for you & your apparent imminent wedding.
I think Mike should perform "Deliverance". Tongue

08-02-2006 21:24 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
BigDork
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Location: lI was lonely and hungry, but not so lonely I wouldn't eat

hey randy!

I'll add my own thanks for the post and the l o n g essay. it was a good read. Cool

BD

08-02-2006 21:43 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-454.jpg

Registration Date: 04-30-2005
Favorite 77s album: Pray Naked, today anyway

I just ordered the DVD. The wait is already killing me.

08-06-2006 11:57 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I got mine this weekend! Loved every minute of it. But, I gotta say the the Rock of Love concert footage was interesting in the fact that it looked to me like Mike and the fellas had no energy for that show. It almost came off as if y'all didn't want to be there. I am not sure how long after Jan Eric and Tootle were gone that this show took place but it looked as if Doc Love was having a hard time even being out there. Just my opinion. Overall, I love this DVD and it will be nice to have years down the road. I will say that I sure wish some of the Eugene '04 footage would have made it on there!

08-07-2006 10:45 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
BigDork
Happy Roy

quote:
Originally posted by Nailtatt
I got mine this weekend! Loved every minute of it.

LOVED?

what are you nuts?

some of it was like reading tor's painetry. Tongue

Big Grin Cool

08-07-2006 15:03 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

bite me dorkass Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
quote:

LOVED?

what are you nuts?

Big Grin Cool

Doctor Love has attached this image (reduced version):
this-is-where-my-head-is-at.jpg

08-08-2006 00:03 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
TJ 2.0
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-413.gif

Registration Date: 09-13-2004
Favorite 77s album: Island/Sticks and Stones/88

that is one frightening picture. i'd put that under 'been couped up in the studio for 12 hours without a break' file.

i just got my copy from jeffrey k. a few days ago for review. i'm sure jeffrey will link it, but i'll be putting up a review of it over at decapolis very soon. i'm liking what i'm seeing thusfar.
08-08-2006 05:54 TJ 2.0 is offline Send an Email to TJ 2.0 Homepage of TJ 2.0 Search for Posts by TJ 2.0 Add TJ 2.0 to your Buddy List
Rocks in your Head

Thumb Up! RE: bite me dorkass Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
quote:
quote:

LOVED?

what are you nuts?

Big Grin Cool

Dorkass! Awesome!!!!!!

08-08-2006 05:56 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
MefLiszto MefLiszto is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 06-14-2004

RE: bite me dorkass Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

LOVED?

what are you nuts?

Big Grin Cool

Dorkass! Awesome!!!!!!

Please, can't we find a less offensive word to use? How about the following:

Dorkbottom
Dorkbutt
Dorkbehind
Dorkbuns
Dorkierre
and the best one of all...

Petradork
08-08-2006 07:22 MefLiszto is offline Send an Email to MefLiszto Search for Posts by MefLiszto Add MefLiszto to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of MefLiszto: MefLiszto YIM Account Name of MefLiszto: Feykdrulez
BigDork
Happy Roy

RE: bite me dorkass Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
RE: bite me dorkass

heh heh...

Big Grin

I meant it was like t0r's painetry in a good way! Tongue

the 77s DVD ROCKS and is a must have for any real fan of the 77s! Cool Pleased

08-08-2006 07:25 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Rocks in your Head

quote:
quote:
RE: bite me dorkass

heh heh...

Big Grin

I meant it was like t0r's painetry in a good way! Tongue

the 77s DVD ROCKS and is a must have for any real fan of the 77s! Cool Pleased

Too little (no reference to Doc Loves finger intended) too late Dorkass! Tongue

08-08-2006 07:35 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Tor The Magical Eunuch
Pearl Before Swine

images/avatars/avatar-516.jpg

Registration Date: 04-11-2005

quote:

Too little (no reference to Doc Loves finger intended) too late Dorkass! Tongue

tahts no his finger naitlats! i hoep my nana dosent see taht or esle she won,t let me on here nomore Shocked

08-08-2006 10:31 Tor The Magical Eunuch is offline Search for Posts by Tor The Magical Eunuch Add Tor The Magical Eunuch to your Buddy List
Tor The Magical Eunuch
Pearl Before Swine

images/avatars/avatar-516.jpg

Registration Date: 04-11-2005

quote:
quote:

LOVED?

what are you nuts?

Big Grin Cool

my paintery is reall +its form teh heart u shooldnt maek fun've it. Frown

08-08-2006 10:33 Tor The Magical Eunuch is offline Search for Posts by Tor The Magical Eunuch Add Tor The Magical Eunuch to your Buddy List
tom tom blue tom tom blue is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-268.jpg

Registration Date: 05-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: STICKS & STONES

when i received the dvd, i thought it would be better when i first viewed it.

i now take back my previous words, i think its awesome.

i remember one time i seen the lost dogs play, and i was deeply sad because there wasn't a large crowd. the band made a comment and said, "WE ARE GLAD YOU HERE, IT DOESN'T MATTER TO USHOW MANY ARE HERE, WE KNOW THAT YOU ALL ARE TRUE FANS". still, i wish more people would notice this band, as well as the 77s. such great music and super talent.

so what does this have to do with the dvd?

so who cares that it wasn't professionally filmed, etc. a true fan dvd. thanks mike for still hangin around and playing music for me. it does mean something.

hope to see you around North Carolina Soon. Cool

08-10-2006 12:14 tom tom blue is offline Send an Email to tom tom blue Homepage of tom tom blue Search for Posts by tom tom blue Add tom tom blue to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of tom tom blue: raelzoo
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-454.jpg

Registration Date: 04-30-2005
Favorite 77s album: Pray Naked, today anyway

Useless Parsley Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I got the dvd today. My wife and I watched all of the Official Videos and we skipped around and watched bits and pieces of the rest of the two discs. Now, my wife is not a 77's fan. But she loved The Boat Ashore and Ba Ba Ba Ba videos (the latter is probably my favorite). After the Official Video's we went right to Useless Parsley. After Blue Christmas my wife broke out in cheers and applause. And she clapped after the other two Useless songs as well. I wasn't even expecting her to watch any of it with me.

Pearls Before Swine and You Don't Scare Me from the Warehouse in 1987 were just awesome. I'll have more to say after I've had a chance to watch all of it again.

08-11-2006 19:53 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Pages (6): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » 77's DVD release announcement

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH