77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » 77's DVD release announcement » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 77's DVD release announcement 4 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-353.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

77's DVD release announcement Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Over 20 years in the making, 14 years in the planning, and 15 months in
production... Lo-Fidelity and the 77's are proud to announce the release
of the 77's DVD. 2 DVDs, the official videos, rare bonus features, an
entire disc of live footage, and extensive liner notes from Mike...
coming in just minutes shy of 3 hours of footage... and it's all here under one roof for the first time!

Track-list as follows:

(DVD 1)

Sevens: The 'Official' Videos
A Different Kind Of Light
Mercy Mercy
Ba Ba Ba Ba
Nuts For You
Snake
For Crying Out Loud
The Boat Ashore

Come And Gone: Rare Bonus Features
Exit Records TV Spot - 1986
Useless Parsley & The Ordinaries - 1987
Arron Smith "Drums Naked" - 1992
Drowning With Land In Sight Video Press Kit
Safe As Milk - Cornerstone 97 performance

(DVD 2)

The Years Go Down: Live Concert Footage
Warehouse 1982 - Ping Pong Over The Abyss, Denomination Blues
Cornerstone 1984 - Different Kind Of Light, Renaissance Man, It's So
Sad, Ping Pong Over The Abyss
Warehouse 1985 - Your Pretty Baby
Ichthus 1985 - It's So Sad
Warehouse 3/87 - Bottom Line, Pearls Before Swine, Over Under Sideways Down, Mercy Mercy, You Don't Scare Me
Warehouse 10/87 - The Final Hour (previously unreleased)
Warehouse 1989 - MT, Nowhere Else, The Lust The Flesh The Eyes & The Pride Of Life
Rock of Love 1991 - Come and Gone, UUUU, Miserable, Do It For Love
Ichthus 1992 - Perfect Blues, This Is The Way Love Is
Cornerstone 1992 - This Is The Way Love Is, God Sends Quails, Make A Difference Tonight
Ichthus 1993 - UUUU
Madison's Cafe 1997 - Dave's Blues, Pearls Before Swine, Perfect Blues
Paradox Theater 1999 - This Is The Way Love Is, What Was In That Letter, Unbalanced, Best I Had, Outskirts

The DVD is scheduled for a Cornerstone 2006 release to coincide with the 77's performance and Internet sales will begin July 6, 2006 from both Lo-Fidelity & 77s.com. The DVD set is region free (NTSC) for those wishing to buy outside of the USA and Canada.

This 2 disc DVD set is priced at $25.00 plus shipping.

Contact jeffrey@lo-fidelity.com for additional info....

See you soon.....

jeffrey k.
support independent music

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by jeffrey k.: 07-04-2006 21:38.

06-17-2006 16:36 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-373.jpg

Registration Date: 05-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Island Album

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I can't wait!

06-17-2006 17:48 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

RE: 77's DVD release announcement Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
06-17-2006 18:50 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
zing zing is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-594.jpg

Registration Date: 01-22-2005
Favorite 77s album: Depends on the day!

RE: 77's DVD release announcement Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

How many are being pressed? Is there going to be enough to meet demand?
06-17-2006 20:41 zing is offline Send an Email to zing Search for Posts by zing Add zing to your Buddy List
j77
unregistered

I can hardly wait for this DVD. You can put me down for 2 copies.
06-17-2006 20:41
phreaq phreaq is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-215.jpg

Registration Date: 11-09-2005
Favorite 77s album: DWLIS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

very nice.

~f

"do you get the blues sometimes?"

say "no" to Eleanor for Moderator

06-17-2006 21:01 phreaq is offline Send an Email to phreaq Homepage of phreaq Search for Posts by phreaq Add phreaq to your Buddy List
BigDork
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Location: lI was lonely and hungry, but not so lonely I wouldn't eat

quote:
Originally posted by j77

thanks j!

(you are buying one for me right?)

06-17-2006 21:39 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

quote:
Originally posted by j77

Thanks....I appreciate it......but I'll go ahead & get one myself j77.
I know you wanted to get me a Father's Day present & I do reallly appreciate the sentiment but it's really not necessary.

06-17-2006 21:46 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Mr. Magoo

Thread Starter Thread Started by jeffrey k.

quote:
Originally posted by zing
Is there going to be enough to meet demand?

I suppose it all depends on the demand.

Buy early and often....and I guess we will see. Happy

jeffrey k.

06-17-2006 22:06 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
j77
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k.
quote:

jeffrey k.

Well, like I said, put me down for two copies mister k. Cool
06-17-2006 22:12
BigDork
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Location: lI was lonely and hungry, but not so lonely I wouldn't eat

Happy
quote:
quote:

jeffrey k.

I think this will sell better than the Dogs DVD just for the early Music Videos and the Variety of the Concert Footage. Cool Happy

I'm sure I will buy at least two...

06-17-2006 22:14 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
j77
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
quote:
Originally posted by j77

thanks j!

(you are buying one for me right?)

only if you send me copies of every boot in your collection Big Grin
06-17-2006 22:18
zing zing is a male
Baby Elvis

not that I complaining because I will be being buying my copy on July 6, but what was the thought process of having 2 or 3 versions of the same song on disc 2? Is it because there just a lack of footage from Pray Naked, Drowning, Tom Tom, Ep, and Crows era?

Also, I've heard that the "Safe as Milk" Concert in 97 had more to it then what was released on the album. Since it looks like this concert is on the 1st disc, are those extra songs included?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by zing: 06-18-2006 05:03.

06-18-2006 04:56 zing is offline Send an Email to zing Search for Posts by zing Add zing to your Buddy List
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Radioactive Crow

images/avatars/avatar-180.gif

Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land in Sight

Are the Dogs going to have these on tour with them?

And did Aaron Smith really Drum Naked?

Was I ever on the inside?
06-18-2006 05:53 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
Mr. Magoo

quote:
Originally posted by rob 3.0

Probably not at first...the DVD is scheduled to arrive at my place on July 3, and the Dogs will already be on tour....but probably after Cornerstone.

As for Aaron drumming naked, in a manner of speaking....yes he did. Big Grin

jeffrey k.

06-18-2006 13:23 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Mr. Magoo

quote:
not that I complaining because I will be being buying my copy on July 6, but what was the thought process of having 2 or 3 versions of the same song on disc 2? Is it because there just a lack of footage from Pray Naked, Drowning, Tom Tom, Ep, and Crows era?

Also, I've heard that the "Safe as Milk" Concert in 97 had more to it then what was released on the album. Since it looks like this concert is on the 1st disc, are those extra songs included?

Hi Zing....glad you are going to buy the DVD...much appreciated.

As for your questions....I really don't want to get into all this here, because the production reasons and thoughts behind the project are explained in the liner notes....and it's better to read them there....more fun in that context as well. Happy

**Actually, as a quick update to my response from earlier today, the live song selections themselves are not "explained" one by one in the notes, but the simple answer is just that the songs included are the songs Mike chose to have us include. So there you go...** Happy

jeffrey k.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jeffrey k.: 06-18-2006 17:39.

06-18-2006 13:43 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
zing zing is a male
Baby Elvis

Cool
06-19-2006 03:51 zing is offline Send an Email to zing Search for Posts by zing Add zing to your Buddy List
j77
unregistered

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by rob 3.0

Probably not at first...the DVD is scheduled to arrive at my place on July 3, and the Dogs will already be on tour....but probably after Cornerstone.

As for Aaron drumming naked, in a manner of speaking....yes he did. Big Grin

jeffrey k.

sweeeeeet!
06-19-2006 04:00
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

I am honored that this DVD project is going to be released on my birthday 07/06/06. Gee thanks for thinking of me guys!!!!! Wink Anyway, this is already on my birthday list and I will be purchasing at least 1 copies if not 2!

06-19-2006 06:15 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Mr. Magoo

quote:
Originally posted by Nailtatt
I am honored that this DVD project is going to be released on my birthday 07/06/06. Gee thanks for thinking of me guys!!!!! Wink Anyway, this is already on my birthday list and I will be purchasing at least 1 copies if not 2!

Well....we did plan it that way Nails. Mike and I argued for days and days over the release date....and in the end I kept coming back to it really needing to be on your birthday. In the end, he relented, made some comment about "Nailtits" and the date was set. Big Grin

BTW....do you all think the DVD announcement needs to be moved below for the folks who never look up?

jeffrey k.

06-19-2006 17:10 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » 77's DVD release announcement

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH