77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » New music from Gene Eugene!!!! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New music from Gene Eugene!!!! 4 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 New music from Gene Eugene!!!! BigDork 06-06-2006 10:21
 RE: New music from Gene Eugene!!!! sevens 06-06-2006 10:29
 RE: New music from Gene Eugene!!!! BigDork 06-06-2006 11:04
 RE: New music from Gene Eugene!!!! bubbaepp 06-06-2006 10:45
 RE: New music from Gene Eugene!!!! Mark 06-06-2006 10:55
 RE: New music from Gene Eugene!!!! larryl 06-06-2006 11:21
 RE: New music from Gene Eugene!!!! BigDork 06-06-2006 11:32
 RE: New music from Gene Eugene!!!! Kit 06-07-2006 19:15
 movie Doctor Love 06-07-2006 20:34
 RE: movie Kit 06-07-2006 20:44
 First We Take Manhattan, then Gene's tapes Doctor Love 06-07-2006 21:04
 RE: First We Take Manhattan, then Gene's tapes Nailtatt 06-08-2006 05:53
 RE: First We Take Manhattan, then Gene's tapes worldwide 06-16-2006 07:16
 RE: movie Cheyenne 06-07-2006 23:03
 RE: New music from Gene Eugene!!!! Mark 06-08-2006 07:41
 RE: New music from Gene Eugene!!!! 77 bc 06-08-2006 18:49
 RE: New music from Gene Eugene!!!! Audiori J 06-07-2006 23:10
 RE: New music from Gene Eugene!!!! rob 3.0 06-07-2006 23:49
 RE: New music from Gene Eugene!!!! Mark 06-08-2006 19:41
 RE: New music from Gene Eugene!!!! jeffrey k. 08-31-2006 15:04
Next Page »

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
BigDork
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Location: lI was lonely and hungry, but not so lonely I wouldn't eat

New music from Gene Eugene!!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This is from Gene's Dad, it was posted on the Gene List 06/01/06

--------------------------------------------------

To all of youse who responded to my enquiry - - nice to see that he's still in our thoughts a lot ! !

Here's something neat for you - -

in the last couple of months before he left us, Gene recorded 3 songs that he intended to finish and market. I have now finalized production of those songs and am going to market them shortly. Since this is probably the last music thing that we have on record that he did before that fateful day in March of 2000, I personally think this is a great memento of him - - I treasure those songs and I listen to them all the time. They're all - - - I don't wanna say "sad" songs, because they're the typical love song ballads - - but they are all slow songs, and not lively, joyous "hip-hoppers" - - you know what I mean - - but his singing on all 3 songs kinda tears at your heart - -

I am now arranging distribution outlets for the CD - - should have things going over the next couple of months.

If anyone wants further info, let me know - - -

Gene.

The Gene List

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Gen...yguid=100110283

--------------------------------------------

also posted on 06/06/06

Hi Guys !

OK - - the ball is rolling ! I anticipate, the way things are going, that
Gene's last CD will be out about the last week of June. At that time, I
will put a notice on this site giving details on how to get it, etc.

I'll be out of town starting this coming Monday, so you won't be able to
reach me at this e-mail addy - - but in a couple of weeks, I'll be settled
in at another site, and will give you info on that.

Until then - - take care everybody - -

Gene.

The Gene List

----------------------------------------------

woo hoo!!!!! Cool Cool Cool

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by BigDork: 06-06-2006 11:42.

06-06-2006 10:21 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
sevens
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-130.jpg

Registration Date: 01-18-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

the link don't work Crying

06-06-2006 10:29 sevens is offline Send an Email to sevens Homepage of sevens Search for Posts by sevens Add sevens to your Buddy List
BigDork
Happy Roy

Thread Starter Thread Started by BigDork
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by sevens
the link don't work Crying

i don't know what that link is... it's on the bottom of every email from the Gene List. Frown

06-06-2006 11:04 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
bubbaepp bubbaepp is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-204.gif

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Very interesting stuff! I'll be curious to hear these tunes myself!

06-06-2006 10:45 bubbaepp is offline Send an Email to bubbaepp Search for Posts by bubbaepp Add bubbaepp to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of bubbaepp: bubbaepp YIM Account Name of bubbaepp: bubbaeppbubba
Mark Mark is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-373.jpg

Registration Date: 05-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Island Album

I want one!

06-06-2006 10:55 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

how do i get on the gene list?

06-06-2006 11:21 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
BigDork
Happy Roy

Thread Starter Thread Started by BigDork

quote:
Originally posted by larryl
how do i get on the gene list?

it's a secret Red Face

Gene used to post alot on this list... it's cool to go back and read some of the stuff that was going on back then. Cool

06-06-2006 11:32 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

Whoa! Shocked Shocked Didn't think I'd ever hear new Gene music. Rawk!

06-07-2006 19:15 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

movie Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Who is this girl?

quote:
Originally posted by Kit
06-07-2006 20:34 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

RE: movie Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
Who is this girl?

quote:
Originally posted by Kit

I actually have no idea. Frown I saw it some place else and deemed it sig-worthy.

06-07-2006 20:44 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

First We Take Manhattan, then Gene's tapes Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Wish I felt as cheery as the girl in the movie.

This thread has completely leveled me. I have tried, for years, to obtain these tapes from their rightful owner (ironically, not Gene's dad) but Mr. Andrusco managed to sweet-talk them away for his own safe keeping. Under most circumstances, I would feel more than right about that, but not in this case.

Last fall, I had a lengthy meeting with Gene's dad to convince him that the proper thing to do here would be to let the Lost Dogs build an album around those three tracks. You see, these songs are Leonard Cohen songs. They are among the most astonishing and devastating vocals Gene has ever done (think "River On Fire" devastating)...

I had envisioned a Lost Dogs album of all Cohen material, with Gene's tracks as the centerpiece. Gene's dad seemed to have no feel for Gene's artistry or his legacy, particularly with the Dogs. All he talked about was marketing these songs in a 'secular' context that would, in effect, make the recordings go 'big time', i.e., $$$. Trust me, we don't care about the money when it comes to this. It would cost us money to do a project of this kind, but we would do it for the love of Gene, Leonard Cohen, and you -- his fans.

As it is, you will get to hear the tracks in some kind of fashion, but not as we had hoped and dreamed. I can only hope that Mr. A didn't hire some hack with a computer to mix and master this stuff. Gene deserved more than that. Much more.

And so do all of you.
06-07-2006 21:04 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

RE: First We Take Manhattan, then Gene's tapes Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Wish I felt as cheery as the girl in the movie.

This thread has completely leveled me. I have tried, for years, to obtain these tapes from their rightful owner (ironically, not Gene's dad) but Mr. Andrusco managed to sweet-talk them away for his own safe keeping. Under most circumstances, I would feel more than right about that, but not in this case.

Last fall, I had a lengthy meeting with Gene's dad to convince him that the proper thing to do here would be to let the Lost Dogs build an album around those three tracks. You see, these songs are Leonard Cohen songs. They are among the most astonishing and devastating vocals Gene has ever done (think "River On Fire" devastating)...

I had envisioned a Lost Dogs album of all Cohen material, with Gene's tracks as the centerpiece. Gene's dad seemed to have no feel for Gene's artistry or his legacy, particularly with the Dogs. All he talked about was marketing these songs in a 'secular' context that would, in effect, make the recordings go 'big time', i.e., $$$. Trust me, we don't care about the money when it comes to this. It would cost us money to do a project of this kind, but we would do it for the love of Gene, Leonard Cohen, and you -- his fans.

As it is, you will get to hear the tracks in some kind of fashion, but not as we had hoped and dreamed. I can only hope that Mr. A didn't hire some hack with a computer to mix and master this stuff. Gene deserved more than that. Much more.

And so do all of you.

Sorry to hear that Doc. Quite frankly that sucks! At this point it should be about the people closest to Gene in the musical world and not about a few bucks. Tho I was never a big Adam Again fan I still really enjoyed Gene and his views and opinions and his impact on "christian" music. He is missed and from what I gather from what Doc said, this definitely does not sound like the way Gene would want this to go. Too bad.

06-08-2006 05:53 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
worldwide worldwide is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 03-21-2005

RE: First We Take Manhattan, then Gene's tapes Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Mike,
Without going into detail were these the songs recorded for a friend,was there much instrumentation? I am still trying to piece together a timeline of Genes last recordings for the chronological ending of the Doc on Gene's life. From my understaning it went like this...

2 Weeks before Genes passing.......The Sessions w/Steve in Nashville for City on A Hill......Piano and Vocals + Scratch vocals for Mac Powell to follow

Sometime just days before Genes passing......recording with Paloma at the Green Room, Jesse Sprinkle.......Rhodes and Duet Vocal with Chad Anderson on the song "Come Back To Me". My understanding was that this is the last thing he recorded, any idea where the 3 Cohen tunes fall into the timeline. I am hoping that Gene Sr. is willing to work something out to include something from that batch of songs for the doc on his son. Perhaps that would be a chance for the Dogs to re-mix there for the dvd release.

Thanks for your input. Am in full agreement that a Dogs / Cohen record would have been Gene's wish and a wonderful way to retain Genes musical legacy.

Eden Z Film & Video
Todd Zeller

www.edenzfilms.com
worldwide@edenzfilms.com
06-16-2006 07:16 worldwide is offline Send an Email to worldwide Homepage of worldwide Search for Posts by worldwide Add worldwide to your Buddy List
Cheyenne Cheyenne is a female
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-513.jpg

Registration Date: 02-28-2005
Favorite 77s album: Sticks & Stones

RE: movie Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kit
quote:
Who is this girl?

quote:
Originally posted by Kit

I actually have no idea. Frown I saw it some place else and deemed it sig-worthy.

That chick looks like she's checking her teeth in a mirror for bits of spinach after eating a salad.

This is all very sad news. I was hoping to hear these tracks on a future Lost Dogs album. I hope they don't get butchered for the sake of potential money.
06-07-2006 23:03 Cheyenne is offline Send an Email to Cheyenne Search for Posts by Cheyenne Add Cheyenne to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male
Unbalanced

quote:
Originally posted by Kit

I think you have the best signature on the board!

Big Grin

06-08-2006 07:41 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
quote:
Originally posted by Kit

I think you have the best signature on the board!

Big Grin

I still like the mini pin and Pink Panther!

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
06-08-2006 18:49 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
Audiori J
unregistered

Maybe I am wrong but even from a marketing standpoint it seems like Gene's audience...the Lost Dog audience would be the most receptive crowd for Gene material anyway..
06-07-2006 23:10
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Radioactive Crow

images/avatars/avatar-180.gif

Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land in Sight

wow I would have loved to hear that Leonard Cohen Lost Dogs disc. Frown Mike singing Suzanne would be great and a Dogs version of Hallelujah. I hope that disc comes about someday. It's really sad if the quest for $$$ has interferred with a great release. I mean how much money can you make on a 3 song cd? I'm now leary about the quality of this "cd".

Was I ever on the inside?
06-07-2006 23:49 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
Mark Mark is a male
Unbalanced

In fact, this might be the best signature ever!

06-08-2006 19:41 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-353.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

Did anything ever come of the new Gene CD his dad was going to release? It's well past the release date of "the last week of June" and I haven't seen or heard anything as to where you can get it. Did it all fall apart?

jeffrey k.

08-31-2006 15:04 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » New music from Gene Eugene!!!!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH