77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » The Message Boards » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Message Boards 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hmm.. we'll check into it. Not sure why it looks like that.
04-13-2006 20:32 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I forwarded this to our IT guy to see what he thought. Speaking of IT guys, where's rob of the IT degree? Confused

04-13-2006 21:11 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered

we might have to do some tests of various picture file types and sizes to determine what may be causing the pixelation. Its probably an effect of what type of file is 'created' by the board to use as the thumbnail image. If we can find the code for that part we can probably customize it a bit.
04-13-2006 22:09
herringostarr herringostarr is a male
Praying Naked

images/avatars/avatar-420.jpg

Registration Date: 09-03-2005

04-14-2006 02:33 herringostarr is offline Send an Email to herringostarr Search for Posts by herringostarr Add herringostarr to your Buddy List
BigDork
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Location: lI was lonely and hungry, but not so lonely I wouldn't eat

can you find a code that stops barry manilow pics from posting?

"Spread the good news and the Barry Manilow
Happy talk, no rock, non-stop easy listening"

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by BigDork: 04-14-2006 07:36.

04-14-2006 07:36 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered

We will sure try.
04-14-2006 08:24
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork

AMEN!!!

04-14-2006 09:56 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

today's desktop Pt. 1 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ok, here is my usual 44kb 640X480 RGB color space image. It should render nicely. Problem image to follow in next post.

Doctor Love has attached this image (reduced version):
bikes2.jpg

04-14-2006 12:40 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Doctor Love

today's desktop Pt. 2 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Contrasting, here is a one of those digital images. In order to prevent pixilation I had to drastically reduce its quality. That may be the ticket.

Doctor Love has attached this image (reduced version):
ball out.jpg

04-14-2006 12:47 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Musty
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpg

Registration Date: 04-11-2006
Favorite 77s album: (self-titled)

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork

I love Barry Manilow! He's a guilty pleasure of mine. Has anybody heard the Ray Stevens song "I need your help Barry Manilow"? it's so funny~ if i can find thelyrics i'll post them for you. Smile

04-14-2006 12:49 Musty is offline Send an Email to Musty Search for Posts by Musty Add Musty to your Buddy List
Musty
Someone New

as promised Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"I Need Your Help, Barry Manilow" (Ray Stevens)

My account is overdrawn. My car slid down the hill. I'm givin' up, i've got no more to give. My beagle bit the Vet and my daughter's on the pill. And my Ficus plant has lost it's will to live.

I owe Mastercharge my life. I've got adolescent skin. My doctor says i can't use any salt. My waist is getting thick but my hair is getting thin. And my house is on the San Andreas fault.

I Need Your Help, Barry Manilow. I'm miserable and i don't know what to do. Sing me a song. Sing it sad and low. No one knows how to suffer quite like you.

Recitation: "Hello, Mandy? It's me. I'm here at the Copa. You know, the Copacabana. I know i don't write the songs that make the whole world sing but i do know one thing, Mandy. I can't smile without you. Forget Lola. Remember that weekend in New England? I thought then that this could be the magic at last. Now here i am...tryin' to get the feelin' again!"

I Need Your Help, Barry Manilow. I'm all alone and sitting on a shelf. Sing me a song. Sing it sad and low. I feel like feeling sorry for myself.

I Need Your Help, Barry Manilow. Your songs can really comfort thee unlucky. Sing me a song. Sing it sad and low. I wish i didn't have to feel so yukky.

I wish i didn't have to feel...so yukky!

04-14-2006 12:52 Musty is offline Send an Email to Musty Search for Posts by Musty Add Musty to your Buddy List
Rocks in your Head

Roll Eyes

04-14-2006 12:57 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Musty
Someone New

quote:
Originally posted by Nailtatt
Roll Eyes

it's a very good song, it sounds like it could be sung by Mr. Manilow himself. probably a better listen than read. oh phooey, at least I liked it! Pleased

04-14-2006 12:58 Musty is offline Send an Email to Musty Search for Posts by Musty Add Musty to your Buddy List
Rocks in your Head

quote:
Originally posted by Musty
quote:
Originally posted by Nailtatt
Roll Eyes

it's a very good song, it sounds like it could be sung by Mr. Manilow himself. probably a better listen than read. oh phooey, at least I liked it! Pleased

It's all yours brah!

04-14-2006 13:03 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Doctor Love

Happy Easter Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Everyone have a super weekend!

Doctor Love has attached this image:
Mike Roe 72.jpg

04-14-2006 15:36 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
herringostarr herringostarr is a male
Praying Naked

images/avatars/avatar-420.jpg

Registration Date: 09-03-2005

Ray Stevens...One of my favorites...Unlike Mr. Manilow. But according to the way he (Barry) presented himself on American Idol, he seems to be a great guy.

(Am I the only one who sees a striking resemblance to the creature under audiori's info and Barry Manilow.)

Mister Love has attached this image:

"There she was friends lying there in all her radiant beauty. Eating on a raisin, grape, apricot, pomegranate, bowl of chitterlings, two bananas, three Hershey bars, sipping on a "R C" Co-Cola listening to her transistor, watching the Grand Ole Opry on the tube reading a Mad magazine while she sung, "Does your chewing gum lose it's flavor?" and Ahab walked up to her and he said, (blah blah) which is arabic for, 'Let's twist again like we did last summer, baby.' You know what I mean! Whew! She looked up at him from off the rug, give him one of the sly looks, she said, 'Crazy baby'."

04-14-2006 16:19 herringostarr is offline Send an Email to herringostarr Search for Posts by herringostarr Add herringostarr to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered

Cool pic Doc! Like the shirt.
04-14-2006 20:24
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Now that the problem looks to be already solved: Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Marti
I forwarded this to our IT guy to see what he thought. Speaking of IT guys, where's rob of the IT degree? Confused

When you insert an image in a web page, you can specify a width and height for it to display in. The browser will attempt to resize the image to the specified dimensions. If you use an image that is naturally 100x100 and tell it to display at 200x200, the browser will resize it, but, browsers are not the smoothest resizers, so it will appear blocky. You can also stuff a huge picture that takes forever to load into a tiny little box.

In this case, the forum software is creating a thumbnail or preview of the uploaded image that is a reduced size. Doesn't take long to load, doesn't take up much space, but when you click on it, you're taken to the original full-size image. Whatever format that particular image he uploaded was in seemingly messed up the preview creator. Instead of resizing smoothly, it ended up blocky.

Sooo... in this case, it has nothing to do with the web page or your browser. Make any sense?

Eli

04-15-2006 10:47 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

RE: Happy Easter Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
Everyone have a super weekend!

Happy Resurrection Weekend, Doctor--newness of life in the Lord in every area for you and yours!

04-15-2006 11:01 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Doctor Love

RE: Now that the problem looks to be already solved: Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the info (and the Easter greeting!) Marti -- I supposed nothing like this is always as easy as it could be every time, but it keeps my brain alive, learning about all this crap and trying workarounds, etc. At least I don't have to do all of this and then upload it to some outside server anymore, which took all the fun out of it because it was so time consuming. Have a great weekend, everybody!

Doctor Love has attached this image:
Good Old Gilligan.gif

04-15-2006 12:26 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » The Message Boards

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH