77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » 77's R.I.P. (1982-2002) ??? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 5 6 [7] 8 9 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 77's R.I.P. (1982-2002) ??? 10 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0010 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0010 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0010 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0010 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

RE: Tor or TARD? the choice is yours Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Cheyenne
[quote]Originally posted by Doctor Love
The only Tor I am is docTOR Baby
quote]

Wah wah wahhhh.... Good one, docTOR. Don't want anyone gettin' the wrong ideas! Cool

That is the truth!

03-15-2006 12:14 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
RaySteele
Praying Naked

images/avatars/avatar-143.jpg

Registration Date: 04-01-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I hate to be so brutally frank, but...
all of the fans' ideas suck so far. Sorry.

03-15-2006 14:09 RaySteele is offline Send an Email to RaySteele Search for Posts by RaySteele Add RaySteele to your Buddy List
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by RaySteele

And you would know what sucking is, that is for sure!

03-15-2006 14:17 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

RE: Closer Baby Elvis Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
Both of those songs (along with Wild Blue) were written as throwaways to fill out our 1987-88 stage show as we were playing in a lot of bars around that time and that's the kinda stuff people like to hear in bars. We would never re-record any of them -- they weren't that great to begin with and the live versions are more than representative (except for perhaps Wild Blue which could have blossomed in the studio but it was already dated when I wrote it since it was meant to be a tribute to early-70's vintage Dave Mason. He was a big influence on my playing during a critical growth period when I was still trying to get it together. His style was smooth, bluesy and more approachable than a lot of the harder guys of that era. I'm glad I went there Cool

quote:
Originally posted by 77 bc
quote:
Originally posted by Alex
Why don't you do a studio recording of "Mary and the baby Elvis"? You could name the CD after that one and be full on topic. The 88 live version is great.

Alex

I have always liked "Closer", off of the 88 cd, and would also put in a request for a studio version, but I don't mind having to go back to 88 to hear it!!!

Throwaways or not, I dig them, from Wild Blue, thru Closer, they are cool tunes.

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
03-15-2006 14:21 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
RaySteele
Praying Naked

quote:
Originally posted by Nailtatt
quote:

Indeed I do -- almost got sucked into a turbine engine the other day.

03-15-2006 14:30 RaySteele is offline Send an Email to RaySteele Search for Posts by RaySteele Add RaySteele to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-188.jpg

Location: "i find your lack of faith disturbing.."- darth vader

Frown Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
quote:

Indeed I do -- almost got sucked into a turbine engine the other day.

it sucks when almost isn't good enough........

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

facebook
03-15-2006 14:31 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
RaySteele
Praying Naked

Speaking of Dave Mason Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'd like to hear the 77's do a cover of "Sad And Deep As You" or maybe even "World In Changes".

There. That's my two cents.

03-15-2006 14:31 RaySteele is offline Send an Email to RaySteele Search for Posts by RaySteele Add RaySteele to your Buddy List
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-86.jpg

Registration Date: 09-17-2004

quote:
Originally posted by Marti
Call it TORnado and dedicate it to tor.

(Sorry--I thought I was unaffected by whatever fumes are drifting through this thread, but I was wrong.)

Big Grin
03-15-2006 15:00 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

RE: Tor or TARD? the choice is yours Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
quote:

Wah wah wahhhh.... Good one, docTOR. Don't want anyone gettin' the wrong ideas! Cool

That is the truth!

So let me get this straight, the alias Tor The Magical Eunuch
is actually the GooD DoCToR Cool

I had it figured as someone else...
03-15-2006 15:05 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
RaySteele
Praying Naked

quote:
Originally posted by LuR KiNG
quote:
quote:
quote:

That is the truth!

So let me get this straight, the alias Tor The Magical Eunuch
is actually the GooD DoCToR Cool

I had it figured as someone else...

Oh, no -- not THIS again. Look, it's definitely NOT the GooD DoCToR, see?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by RaySteele: 03-15-2006 15:17.

03-15-2006 15:16 RaySteele is offline Send an Email to RaySteele Search for Posts by RaySteele Add RaySteele to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

RE: Speaking of Dave Mason Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Excellent choices. Those are two wonderful songs, and the mere mention of them makes my eyes mist over. That is a part of my life lost to time and other thieves, but you can still hear it echoed in my good 'ol 335 here and there -- check out the third verse solo on Unbalanced and/or parts of Don't This Way and God Sends Quails.....or for that matter, most of my playing on the Daydream album.

I owe a lot to Dave Mason.

quote:
I'd like to hear the 77's do a cover of "Sad And Deep As You" or maybe even "World In Changes".

03-15-2006 18:38 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

hey mike......if you sneak a rock-a-billy tune on to this blues-y thing, that would be very ok with me.......

03-15-2006 18:59 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Eddie Econoline Van Halen Eddie Econoline Van Halen is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-109.jpg

Registration Date: 06-24-2005

RE: Speaking of Dave Mason Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Excellent choices. Those are two wonderful songs, and the mere mention of them makes my eyes mist over. That is a part of my life lost to time and other thieves, but you can still hear it echoed in my good 'ol 335 here and there -- check out the third verse solo on Unbalanced and/or parts of Don't This Way and God Sends Quails.....or for that matter, most of my playing on the Daydream album.

I owe a lot to Dave Mason.

quote:

hey, bro, i'm listening to 'unbalanced' right now and i, like, totally see/hear what you mean. i can hear a little 'sad and deep' right before the lyrics about something being deep and purple (i ain't gonna touch that one! LOL!)

take 'er sleazy!

03-15-2006 22:02 Eddie Econoline Van Halen is offline Search for Posts by Eddie Econoline Van Halen Add Eddie Econoline Van Halen to your Buddy List
Eddie Econoline Van Halen Eddie Econoline Van Halen is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-109.jpg

Registration Date: 06-24-2005

yeah, bro, trip me out, man... i'm all,
"Eyes that are the windows
Eyes that are the view"
ha ha! awesome!

take 'er sleazy!

03-15-2006 22:06 Eddie Econoline Van Halen is offline Search for Posts by Eddie Econoline Van Halen Add Eddie Econoline Van Halen to your Buddy List
RaySteele
Praying Naked

suggestion for album title Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Here's an album title that DOESN'T suck:

Hand To The Plow

or, if you like...

Hand To The Plough

It's biblical and it conjures up images of the blues - it's perfect!

And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.
- Luke 9:62

03-16-2006 08:16 RaySteele is offline Send an Email to RaySteele Search for Posts by RaySteele Add RaySteele to your Buddy List
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

how about,

Hand to the backside of your HeaD Big Grin

that conjures up SoMe images too Tongue

probably not perfect though...
03-16-2006 08:23 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
RaySteele
Praying Naked

quote:
how about,

Hand to the backside of your HeaD Big Grin

that conjures up SoMe images too Tongue

probably not perfect though...

You're just jealous because my idea freakin' RULED.

03-16-2006 08:24 RaySteele is offline Send an Email to RaySteele Search for Posts by RaySteele Add RaySteele to your Buddy List
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

oops I forgot the bible verse thing at the bottom.

Luke 6:29
If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also.
03-16-2006 08:28 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
lam77s

Registration Date: 05-29-2004

Album titles Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Bluepers Wink

Linda
03-16-2006 09:13 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
RaySteele
Praying Naked

quote:
oops I forgot the bible verse thing at the bottom.

Luke 6:29
If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also.

Smarty pants!

03-16-2006 09:19 RaySteele is offline Send an Email to RaySteele Search for Posts by RaySteele Add RaySteele to your Buddy List
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 5 6 [7] 8 9 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » 77's R.I.P. (1982-2002) ???

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH