77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » 77's R.I.P. (1982-2002) ??? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 77's R.I.P. (1982-2002) ??? 10 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0010 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0010 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0010 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0010 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
phreaq phreaq is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-215.jpg

Registration Date: 11-09-2005
Favorite 77s album: DWLIS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

... I hesitate to suggest titles for the 7's album...

they have done great on their own...

One attempt...

"Elvis Has Left the Building"

~f

"do you get the blues sometimes?"

say "no" to Eleanor for Moderator

03-13-2006 13:56 phreaq is offline Send an Email to phreaq Homepage of phreaq Search for Posts by phreaq Add phreaq to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-373.jpg

Registration Date: 05-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Island Album

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by LuR KiNG
whatever the title put one of these on

CD's with the RIAA logo on them seem to sell alot Better Frown

Well, we've had 88, just use the logo above and call the album 666.

Tongue

03-13-2006 14:44 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
quote:
Originally posted by LuR KiNG
whatever the title put one of these on

CD's with the RIAA logo on them seem to sell alot Better Frown

Well, we've had 88, just use the logo above and call the album 666.

Tongue

Nice. Tongue

03-13-2006 14:45 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Mark Mark is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-373.jpg

Registration Date: 05-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Island Album

A couple more ideas:

Standing On The Edge Of The Precipice (A take on Ping Pong Over The Abyss)

Standing On The Edge Of Forever

From The Other Side

I'll think of more and add them later.

03-13-2006 18:54 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
MefLiszto MefLiszto is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 06-14-2004

Forget Blue Moon. How about Blues Moon or Blues Gold?
03-13-2006 19:32 MefLiszto is offline Send an Email to MefLiszto Search for Posts by MefLiszto Add MefLiszto to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of MefLiszto: MefLiszto YIM Account Name of MefLiszto: Feykdrulez
Ron E Ron E is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-294.gif

Registration Date: 05-19-2005

How about "The Sevens Ditch Mike and Pick up Bill Monroe"

03-13-2006 21:19 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male

Hi Mike. In case you're reading this this evening...
Do you remember signing my little boy at the Lost Dog's concert in Toronto last summer? I think you said it was the first baby you'd signed. (It was on his little undershirt, in case anyone else is wondering...)

03-13-2006 21:28 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
Do you remember signing my little boy at the Lost Dog's concert in Toronto last summer? I think you said it was the first baby you'd signed. (It was on his little undershirt, in case anyone else is wondering...)

It's probably good that it was just his shirt, or that little guy would never get another bath. Big Grin

03-13-2006 21:58 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
MefLiszto MefLiszto is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 06-14-2004

"Folk and Soul"

"Black Folk"

"Satisfied Mind"

"Blues And Gold Revue"

"Blue Moon Of California"

"Homegrown Blues"

"Something Something Something Blues"

"Rocket 77s" (great name for an instrumental track)
03-13-2006 21:58 MefLiszto is offline Send an Email to MefLiszto Search for Posts by MefLiszto Add MefLiszto to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of MefLiszto: MefLiszto YIM Account Name of MefLiszto: Feykdrulez
Ron E Ron E is a male

quote:
Originally posted by Marti
quote:
Originally posted by Ron E

It's probably good that it was just his shirt, or that little guy would never get another bath. Big Grin

Sadly he grew out of his shirt, no, actually that's not sad, its good, the sad thing is that he can't wear the shirt anymore so now it sits in a box, maybe if he has a little brother...
Are the Dogs coming back to Toronto this summer???

03-13-2006 22:01 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List
Nekkid Prey Nekkid Prey is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-06-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by Nekkid Prey
New Project Title Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Maybe something along the Jesus/Atomic Bomb line of thinking, but incorporating the blues aspect of it ...

"Jesus Hits Like a Rolling Stone"

03-13-2006 22:18 Nekkid Prey is offline Send an Email to Nekkid Prey Homepage of Nekkid Prey Search for Posts by Nekkid Prey Add Nekkid Prey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Nekkid Prey: Nekkid Prey YIM Account Name of Nekkid Prey: mike_beidler
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

RE: New Project Title Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

LOL Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Nekkid Prey
Maybe something along the Jesus/Atomic Bomb line of thinking, but incorporating the blues aspect of it ...

03-13-2006 23:07 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Colored Blue Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have always loved the phrase "Black Folk" Cool

quote:
Originally posted by MefLiszto
"Folk and Soul"

"Black Folk"

"Satisfied Mind"

"Blues And Gold Revue"

"Blue Moon Of California"

"Homegrown Blues"

"Something Something Something Blues"

"Rocket 77s" (great name for an instrumental track)
03-13-2006 23:08 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Eddie Econoline Van Halen Eddie Econoline Van Halen is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-109.jpg

Registration Date: 06-24-2005

RE: Jesus Hits Like An Atom Bomb? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love

Any other coy and clever album title ideas are welcome at this point. We may not use 'em, but it's fun to think 'em up. Most album titles are so stupid anyway.

okay, bro, dig this -- everyone in the band bleaches their hair and then you all are all on the front cover lookin' killer, and the album title is....

ATOMIC BLONDE

yeah, bro, that is so f-ing sweet. if you don't use it, then i will
just as soon as i can get another band together.

take 'er sleazy!

03-13-2006 23:59 Eddie Econoline Van Halen is offline Search for Posts by Eddie Econoline Van Halen Add Eddie Econoline Van Halen to your Buddy List
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Radioactive Crow

images/avatars/avatar-180.gif

Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land in Sight

ok here's my suggestions...

Velvet Grace Land
Last Stop til Grace Land
Bottled Blues
Gospel Moon
Gospel Moons and Velvet Blues
Atomic Jesus Hits

Was I ever on the inside?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by rob 3.0: 03-14-2006 04:53.

03-14-2006 04:52 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
Rocks in your Head

How about this:

"Blues in the Garden"

Refering to the Garden of Eden and/or The Garden of Gesthemenie (sp?)

03-14-2006 06:31 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-86.jpg

Registration Date: 09-17-2004

RE: New Project Title Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
LOL Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Nekkid Prey

Jesus was NeVeR that Old Tongue
03-14-2006 06:56 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

Album Titles Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ok, some lame titles:
"Duck and Cover"
"You Better Run" (complete with a cover of this song with a real "swampy" arrangement)
"Gospel Up Side Your Head"
"Scorched Earth Gospel"

Most of my titles imply a pretty rockin' gospel album whilst trying to avoid sounding like an 80's metal album. I mean no disrespect with my suggestions. Just kinda off the top of my head.

Being a fellow Elvis fan, I've really been digging "If The Lord Wasn't Walking By My Side" and "Run On" from "How Great Thou Art". Even "Run On" might be a good title. Every time I sit at the piano I play these tunes as a warm-up. I always enjoy hearing Mike's Scotty Moore licks (or, sometimes James Burton licks) at live shows.

It also reminds me of Mike doing "It's Still Here" at the Canal Street Tavern. What a surprise and another song that I play all the time. Like Elvis' "Blue Moon", "It's Still Here" and "Unchained Melody", he communicates the ambiance of introspection and melancholy in ways that most music cannot. That's why I'm excited about this album. When I heard "I'm Gonna Run To The City of Refuge", I played it over and over. I think musically it matches the Gospel message. Not some 80's Maranatha crap-drivel that's over orchestrated and as white as white can be. It's got to be hard driving. If "forceful men lay hold of the kingdom" as the Good Book says, then forceful music should communicate that kingdom.

03-14-2006 07:30 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
j77
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Nailtatt
How about this:

"Blues in the Garden"

Refering to the Garden of Eden and/or The Garden of Gesthemenie (sp?)

These are just plain gay. Big Grin
03-14-2006 07:34
Rocks in your Head

Roll Eyes

03-14-2006 07:41 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » 77's R.I.P. (1982-2002) ???

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH