77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » 77's R.I.P. (1982-2002) ??? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 8 9 [10] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 77's R.I.P. (1982-2002) ??? 10 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0010 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0010 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0010 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0010 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Chesterdox Chesterdox is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 06-05-2006
Favorite 77s album: Holy Ghost Building

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

A little late to the topic, but Doc, you should definitely do A 7's cover of Blue Moon!

I was born in '69 so I missed the rock explosion by a long shot, but when I was 5 years old my aunt gave me a 45 of That's Alright Mama with Blue Moon of Kentucky on the flipside and I was hooked; so much so that about ten years later when all my friends were jamming to AC/DC and REO Speedwagon, I was rocking to Elvis and the Beach Boys (I've always enjoyed being behind Tongue . Like Chesterton said, "Progress is a comparative of which we have not settled the superlative."... and in my book Sun era Elvis and Brian Wilson deserve the best superlatives.).

I purchased this two years ago when it was issued on audiophile vinyl (and Blue Moon is downright spooky!):

Maybe you could 7's up Milkcow Blues Boogie, too!

07-07-2006 07:17 Chesterdox is offline Send an Email to Chesterdox Homepage of Chesterdox Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Chesterdox: none YIM Account Name of Chesterdox: none View the MSN Profile for Chesterdox
Skevin Skevin is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-492.jpg

Registration Date: 07-15-2006
Favorite 77s album: Sticks & Stones

RE: Jesus Hits Like An Atom Bomb? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
I love this as an album title, but it's been done at least twice before by other artists, including grunge-rock legends Tripping Daisy.

Should we go ahead and use it anyway? It's pretty cool, plus I want to record the actual song a capella black vocal quartet style if we have time.

An alternate might be something more trite like Blue Moon, or perhaps Blue Moon Turns To Gold. I like both of those as well because have double meanings. Of course, then we'd need to cut "Blue Moon" too. (Elvis' downright scary version of this song gives me goosebumps -- anyone out there familiar with it?)

I know it's probably uncool to toss around possible album titles with your fans, but only the few...the proud.....the faithful... are here in the first place. This music is for you first, as far as I'm concerned, so who better to ask? At this point, I've already spoiled the mystery by being so open about it all from the git-go, but this project is really about having fun more than anything else. If you're not having fun, what's the point? This was never meant to be 'the next biggest thing since Colossus', which we no longer have any interest in doing. Radioactive Crows was an example of that and look where it got us.

Any other coy and clever album title ideas are welcome at this point. We may not use 'em, but it's fun to think 'em up. Most album titles are so stupid anyway.

How bout' "Ear Fashion For The Blind?"

fits the bill.
07-15-2006 12:05 Skevin is offline Send an Email to Skevin Search for Posts by Skevin Add Skevin to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Skevin: k7t7
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by larryl
hey mike......if you sneak a rock-a-billy tune on to this blues-y thing, that would be very ok with me.......

my suggestion got missed in rayford's posting frenzy Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by larryl: 07-15-2006 13:24.

07-15-2006 13:24 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 8 9 [10] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » 77's R.I.P. (1982-2002) ???

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH