77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » 77's R.I.P. (1982-2002) ??? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (10): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 77's R.I.P. (1982-2002) ??? 10 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0010 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0010 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0010 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0010 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Sharon Sharon is a female
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 06-07-2004
Favorite 77s album: 88 Miserable Crows Drowning

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That is such great news!!! Can't wait!

03-10-2006 10:04 Sharon is offline Send an Email to Sharon Search for Posts by Sharon Add Sharon to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thread could be changed to "77s Rip It Up 2006!!!"
03-10-2006 10:31
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J

You have the power! Do it!

03-10-2006 11:06 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-86.jpg

Registration Date: 09-17-2004

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

Cool
03-10-2006 11:24 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

quote:
Originally posted by Nailtatt
quote:

You have the power! Do it!

I triple dog dare ya!

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
03-10-2006 12:48 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
Linda Linda is a female
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-17-2004

Great news, Doc! You just made my day. I love the 77's pop stuff, but I really really really really love love love the bluesy/rockin' stuff! I will be ecstatic to hear some more of that. Woo-hoo!

03-10-2006 14:40 Linda is offline Send an Email to Linda Search for Posts by Linda Add Linda to your Buddy List
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

I repeat: Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Mike, you guys gave us Woody once before, so I have no doubt you will do it again! Wink

03-10-2006 14:42 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
j77
unregistered
RE: I repeat: Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
Mike, you guys gave us Woody once before, so I have no doubt you will do it again! Wink

I'm sure if the Doc wanted to comment on this stupid, juvenile post he would have. Roll Eyes
03-10-2006 16:25
BigDork
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Location: lI was lonely and hungry, but not so lonely I wouldn't eat

even El was smart enough to leave that one alone Roll Eyes

03-10-2006 16:46 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Radioactive Crow

images/avatars/avatar-180.gif

Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land in Sight

I'm not even sure what the hell its supposed to mean.

Was I ever on the inside?
03-10-2006 17:47 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

For a place with a tombstone, there's a considerable amount of happiness here! Big Grin

What is this thing called, or is that privileged information (or undetermined information)?

03-10-2006 17:48 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Woodpecker Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am always willing to give Woody to whomever I can whenever and wherever I can, however I can.

So there Cool

quote:
Originally posted by j77
quote:
quote:

I'm sure if the Doc wanted to comment on this stupid, juvenile post he would have. Roll Eyes
03-10-2006 18:55 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Doctor Love

It's here Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

....back there somewhere Wink

quote:
Originally posted by Marti
For a place with a tombstone, there's a considerable amount of happiness here! Big Grin

What is this thing called, or is that privileged information (or undetermined information)?
03-10-2006 18:58 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

RE: It's here Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love

quote:

I wondered if that was a post title or an album title--I guess now inquiring minds know. Big Grin

03-10-2006 18:59 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

RE: It's here Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love

quote:

I wondered if that was a post title or an album title--I guess now inquiring minds know. Big Grin

Hmmm...there are several good choices/clues that Mike left us in the "big post"

I have my guess, but I will wait to see if I am correct.

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
03-10-2006 19:18 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
Doctor Love

He may be dead, but he's still Elvis Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Today was for set-up only, but we sound tested on Bill Monroe's old chestnut "When My Blue Moon Turns To Gold Again". Bruce fell in love with the track so I suppose we'll put it on, maybe as a 'bonus' or something. It really sounds more like a live rendition of Elvis' version as played by his first stage band which featured my guitar idol Scotty Moore, along with Bill Black on 'doghouse' bass and D.J. Fontana on drums. Mark and Bruce managed to pin that vibe down just fine without ever having heard the record, but the lead guitar and vocal practically suggest the whole thing. It probably doesn't hurt that Elvis' version was one of the first rock records I ever heard and owned. I was about three years old at the time, so I suppose it's sunk in just a bit Smile )
03-11-2006 00:41 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Alex Alex is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-115.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2005
Favorite 77s album: Eighty Eight

Sounds great to me. Count me in for a copy.

Do you still have that old Elvis record? Did you replace it with a CD? Did you keep your vinyl collection?

Alex

03-11-2006 01:16 Alex is offline Send an Email to Alex Homepage of Alex Search for Posts by Alex Add Alex to your Buddy List
j77
unregistered

You can count me in for multiple copies. Big Grin
03-11-2006 07:59
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

I will most likely buy 2 and pass one along

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
03-11-2006 08:07 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
Doctor Love

my first EP Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Like most things about childhood, a few things survive.....most do not. I've rummaged through storage recently and have a lot of my old singles still, but the very oldest ones, including this one, seem to be long gone. I remember the picture sleeve and everything -- it's from Elvis' second album called, simply, "Elvis", and "When My Blue Moon Turns To Gold Again" was on one of the three 45-RPM EP releases from that album. Wish I could actually remember 1956, as rock and roll seemed to explode like an atom bomb that year, in no small part due to Elvis' arrival and records like this one. It was, indeed, one of the first ones I remember having, along with "Hound Dog", which I managed to con my auntie out of. Now THAT one rocked!

quote:
Originally posted by Alex

Do you still have that old Elvis record? Did you replace it with a CD? Did you keep your vinyl collection?

Alex
03-11-2006 10:03 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Pages (10): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » 77's R.I.P. (1982-2002) ???

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH