77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Fillmore Auditorium Mar 13, 1988 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Fillmore Auditorium Mar 13, 1988 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-86.jpg

Registration Date: 09-17-2004

Question Fillmore Auditorium Mar 13, 1988 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The Alarm
The 77's
House of Freaks

Venue: Fillmore Auditorium (San Francisco, CA)
Date: Mar 13, 1988

Mike, do you remember this show ?

better yet, do you have a BooT of it.
02-21-2006 13:10 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey Lur, you wanna buy me those posters? I have a birthday coming up..
02-21-2006 13:37
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Tongue

02-21-2006 13:49 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
phreaq phreaq is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-215.jpg

Registration Date: 11-09-2005
Favorite 77s album: DWLIS

house of FREAKS!!!

- some cool posters there lurking...

- boots would be cool.

~f

"do you get the blues sometimes?"

say "no" to Eleanor for Moderator

02-21-2006 14:04 phreaq is offline Send an Email to phreaq Homepage of phreaq Search for Posts by phreaq Add phreaq to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

RE: Fillmore Auditorium Mar 13, 1988 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Do I remember it?? Good Lord, we were scared out of our wits. Neil Young was backstage watching the whole thing. Thank GOD I didn't know that until afterwards or I would have not been able to go on. Funny story about that -- during the Alarm's set, Jan Eric and his young son were sitting in the balcony right next to Neil, and Jan's son ask Neil to save his seat while he went to the can. Jan about choked ("Eric, don't you know who that is??!?")

Anyway, we played great but I about pissed myself with fear. The crowd had paid good money to see the Alarm but the House of Freaks (God rest one of those guys' souls -- he and his wife recently died in a fire in their house Frown ) sucked and not many in the crowd knew who the hell we were either. We walked out there, me with that damb bleached short-cropped blonde hair and my big 335, and proceeded to tear the house down, one song at a time. It took a few tunes, but we left to the sound of cheers and great applause -- we had won them over! It felt great.

The Alarm, of course, were terrific. I had fun tormenting Mike Peters backstage concerning an amusing 'encounter' I had with his sister at an Indian restaurant in his hometown of Rhyl in Wales back in 1984. We went up to her, not knowing who she was, and told her she looked like Mike Peters and that we had heard this was his hometown. She said, "Indeed, it is, and I'm his bloody sister!". She then proceeded to tell us how stinking awful they sounded when they rehearsed at home before their success. When they told the family they were off to London to find fame and fortune, she and her family just laughed them out of the house. They were convinced none of it would "last past closing time" but boy were they surprised. As you can imagine, Mike was particularly amused when I shared this story with him.

If you're curious about what songs we played and how we sounded that night, go listen to "88". What we did was more or less an abridged version of that show, with a gorgeous version of "Don't, This Way" thrown in. All those Neil Young licks I play at the end would have not been played had I heard he was watching us. He later invited the Alarm to his ranch in La Honda to hang out -- what a gas for them. Please don't ask me what he thought of us -- obviously, little to nothing, but I'm used to that in those situations. We were never particularly welcome in that world for some reason, but i was glad to have that opportunity to entertain at the Fillmore again, after having played it the year previous with Charlie Peacock. It's a wonderful old venue, full of the ghosts of rock & roll's hoary past. Maybe I'll get to play there again one day..... Wink

quote:
Originally posted by LuR KiNG

The Alarm
The 77's
House of Freaks

Venue: Fillmore Auditorium (San Francisco, CA)
Date: Mar 13, 1988

Mike, do you remember this show ?

better yet, do you have a BooT of it.
02-21-2006 19:20 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Cynthia
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2005

Wow. Sounds like it was a great concert. Cool

02-22-2006 06:14 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-86.jpg

Registration Date: 09-17-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by LuR KiNG

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
Hey Lur, you wanna buy me those posters? I have a birthday coming up..

Big Grin yea no prob . . . Tongue

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
Maybe I'll get to play there again one day..... Wink

thanks for the Info. & Memories Cool

I hope you get to play there again one day too Smile
02-22-2006 06:38 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
bubbaepp bubbaepp is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-204.gif

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Mike - ditto to LuR KiNG's comments ... thanks for that recollection, us fans love that kinda stuff!

02-22-2006 09:32 bubbaepp is offline Send an Email to bubbaepp Search for Posts by bubbaepp Add bubbaepp to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of bubbaepp: bubbaepp YIM Account Name of bubbaepp: bubbaeppbubba
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Fillmore Auditorium Mar 13, 1988

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH