77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » NEW Myspace pages!! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page NEW Myspace pages!! 4 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
lam77s

Registration Date: 05-29-2004

NEW Myspace pages!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Check 'em out!!

http://www.myspace.com/micro77s
http://www.myspace.com/the77s

There are three songs on each page and those will be changed from time to time, so check back periodically. If you have a myspace page you can add a song to your very own page.

Thanks! And have fun!!! Big Grin

Linda
02-16-2006 11:13 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool! We thought Mike should have one....Uncle Terry is there and so are a lot of other friends. The 77s/Roe stuff seems like a perfect fit for a lot of the people there, good exposure. And kinda fun too.
02-16-2006 11:33
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It can also be very creepy...
02-16-2006 12:52 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered

Big Grin
02-16-2006 12:53
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

quote:
Originally posted by audiori

LOL!!

02-17-2006 10:05 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
BigDork
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Location: lI was lonely and hungry, but not so lonely I wouldn't eat

quote:
Originally posted by audiori

yeah... even El has her own myspace Roll Eyes

02-17-2006 15:17 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-188.jpg

Location: "i find your lack of faith disturbing.."- darth vader

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

.el is my myspace friend.... Pleased

forgot to add the sevens last night... Frown

and they block myspace from work... Mad

several hours later.....

ok. requested to add both.... Pleased

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

facebook

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Joey T.: 02-18-2006 00:56.

02-17-2006 15:47 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
Dreamlands Dreamlands is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-12-2004

Attention Not to sound like a Luddite, but... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm a bit surprised that you guys would sign on with MySpace. Mike strikes me as being a private person, and MySpace is the antithesis of personal privacy.

For those who don't remember me, I'm a mid-lifer who has returned to a major state college to finish a bachelor's degree. I can tell you stories of my 20-something classmates who use MySpace and FaceBook who've had to deal with unwanted communications from posers looking for a hook-up to getting horriffic and totally nasty pictures being sent to them, or linked to them. Many of my classmates have also either grown bored or leery of these sites and don't use them anymore.

There are way too many stories of people who were sexually solicited, kidnapped, or murdered as a result of communications that started on MySpace. For this reason, I refuse to use them, and also see no reason to post a blog or an on-line journal.

As a former database administrator for a large dot-com, I can tell you that we need to be concerned about our personal info being shared around the globe. Many of these sites are being hosted in politically unstable countries and/or being administered by people who have less than a friendly attitude toward the people of the U.S.

Many of you have expressed reservations about ordering stuff online, including music and gear from our beloved Sevens. This is not paranoia, and the same logic applies communicating with a forum like MySpace. It is a heck of a lot less secure than ordering online.

I concede that being in MySpace is a way of reaching more people, connecting them with great music and the message of Christ. I don't want to be a killjoy, but warn anyone signing up with this site to be careful.
02-19-2006 09:49 Dreamlands is offline Send an Email to Dreamlands Search for Posts by Dreamlands Add Dreamlands to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Dreamlands: vision170
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

i enjoy it...i have found several friends who i had not talked to in years, and had no other way of finding.....i am also able to easily communicate with others, plus being able to easily keep up with several bands, and other entities....

i delete messages and friend requests from anyone who seems even a little bit questionable, or even those who i just can't figure out what reason they could possibly have for communicating with me.....

i haven't had any problems.....

02-19-2006 10:14 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Joey T.
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-188.jpg

Location: "i find your lack of faith disturbing.."- darth vader

Thumb Down! RE: Not to sound like a Luddite, but... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Dreamlands
I'm a bit surprised that you guys would sign on with MySpace. Mike strikes me as being a private person, and MySpace is the antithesis of personal privacy.

For those who don't remember me, I'm a mid-lifer who has returned to a major state college to finish a bachelor's degree. I can tell you stories of my 20-something classmates who use MySpace and FaceBook who've had to deal with unwanted communications from posers looking for a hook-up to getting horriffic and totally nasty pictures being sent to them, or linked to them. Many of my classmates have also either grown bored or leery of these sites and don't use them anymore.

There are way too many stories of people who were sexually solicited, kidnapped, or murdered as a result of communications that started on MySpace. For this reason, I refuse to use them, and also see no reason to post a blog or an on-line journal.

As a former database administrator for a large dot-com, I can tell you that we need to be concerned about our personal info being shared around the globe. Many of these sites are being hosted in politically unstable countries and/or being administered by people who have less than a friendly attitude toward the people of the U.S.

Many of you have expressed reservations about ordering stuff online, including music and gear from our beloved Sevens. This is not paranoia, and the same logic applies communicating with a forum like MySpace. It is a heck of a lot less secure than ordering online.

I concede that being in MySpace is a way of reaching more people, connecting them with great music and the message of Christ. I don't want to be a killjoy, but warn anyone signing up with this site to be careful.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

facebook
02-19-2006 12:19 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

While I agree it's less secure than ordering online (which in the case of this site is very secure, by the way... zero cases of credit card fraud in six years - except for a couple of cases of someone trying to use stolen numbers that were caught in advance).. People on Myspace only get the information you give them.
02-19-2006 13:52 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
j77
unregistered

I think myspace sucks a$$ Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
02-19-2006 16:15
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

RE: Not to sound like a Luddite, but... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
I'm a bit surprised that you guys would sign on with MySpace. Mike strikes me as being a private person, and MySpace is the antithesis of personal privacy. I concede that being in MySpace is a way of reaching more people, connecting them with great music and the message of Christ. I don't want to be a killjoy, but warn anyone signing up with this site to be careful.

>>>> I like having lots of friends and being in constant contact with as many as I can stand. Having said that, I do need lots of privacy and my personal space as well, but this board, our discussion lists and now MySpace give me lots of connections, at my control, to folks I would normally only get to occasionally see at our personal appearances -- I love it! We must have courage, my friend.
02-19-2006 16:47 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

Sent my friend request.

And I think I'll make "Mezzo" the song for my profile.

02-19-2006 18:08 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Dreamlands Dreamlands is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-12-2004

RE: Not to sound like a Luddite, but... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
We must have courage, my friend.

Indeed! Perhaps my lack of courage comes from working alongside people who knew how to do some pretty nefarious stuff, such as track internet connections to actual people and crack databases to get personal info.

But it's even more personal for me, as my sister was harmed by a sexual predator. For those who have or are inclined to respond derisively to my post, I guess I can understand if it hasn't hit close to you. We were made for a more innocent place.
02-19-2006 21:03 Dreamlands is offline Send an Email to Dreamlands Search for Posts by Dreamlands Add Dreamlands to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Dreamlands: vision170
Audiori J
unregistered

Its like anything else, it can be good or bad. I do think sometimes young people give out too much information over the web. And yes its true a person can know how to gain information, but.. when you register for a place like myspace its only going to have the info you give, and you can reject friends requests. A lot of people are very selective on who they let in their friends list. Some have like 10 people they communicate with and thats it. Thats totally fine.
02-19-2006 22:09
BigDork
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Location: lI was lonely and hungry, but not so lonely I wouldn't eat

quote:
Originally posted by j77

I can agree with that! Pleased

02-20-2006 04:01 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
j77
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
quote:
Originally posted by j77

I can agree with that! Pleased

Thanks for your support! Pleased
02-20-2006 06:53
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

quote:
quote:

Indeed! Perhaps my lack of courage comes from working alongside people who knew how to do some pretty nefarious stuff, such as track internet connections to actual people and crack databases to get personal info.

But it's even more personal for me, as my sister was harmed by a sexual predator. For those who have or are inclined to respond derisively to my post, I guess I can understand if it hasn't hit close to you. We were made for a more innocent place.

hope i didn't come across as derisive. i don't have anything on there personal enough to worry about. then again....i don't guess 30-something men are high on the list for predators.

02-20-2006 06:56 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
j77
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by larryl
quote:
quote:

hope i didn't come across as derisive. i don't have anything on there personal enough to worry about. then again....i don't guess 30-something men are high on the list for predators.

Just watch out for El. Big Grin
02-20-2006 07:01
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » NEW Myspace pages!!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH