77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Skinny on Echos » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Skinny on Echos 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
bubbaepp bubbaepp is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-204.gif

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Skinny on Echos Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Probably one of the band members can answer this one best (either Dr. 'hand-in-g'Love or Mark 'please-don't-squeeze-the-c'Harmon.

I've been listening to Echos O' Faith a lot lately. I know that Steve Bangalong plays the Hindalong on this disc. As I listen I hear him singing background vocals and being pretty involved. Did Steve just do this gig as a one-off? Or was he part of this 'tour'? I'm kinda amazed at how well he seems to know the songs. I geuss he's a big 7's fan.

Just curious.

01-18-2006 09:12 bubbaepp is offline Send an Email to bubbaepp Search for Posts by bubbaepp Add bubbaepp to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of bubbaepp: bubbaepp YIM Account Name of bubbaepp: bubbaeppbubba
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

RE: Skinny on Echos Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It wasn't a 'tour', just a couple of acoustic 77s dates in Southern California in 1992, the year when Aaron Smith was mostly drumming for Michael Card so we went unplugged for awhile. Steve happened to be at the first show (maybe The Choir played too, I can't remember) and we asked him to play along with us for fun. He did, and it went so well that we asked him to play again the next night at the Echos Of Faith church down in Chino. Brian Healy was standing back at the soundboard and, sensing that something special might occur, encouraged the engineers to record the concert. They did, and what you hear on the CD is what went down that night, with absolutely no overdubs or re-mixing. We were very grateful to Steve for providing the extra spark that made that night a very special one indeed, and to Brian for preserving it not only for posterity, but for the fans to enjoy again and again. I can hardly believe we played well enough to print it as is. Once in awhile things work out.
01-18-2006 22:30 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
bubbaepp bubbaepp is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-204.gif

Thread Starter Thread Started by bubbaepp
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Very cool. Thanks for the insight.

01-19-2006 08:44 bubbaepp is offline Send an Email to bubbaepp Search for Posts by bubbaepp Add bubbaepp to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of bubbaepp: bubbaepp YIM Account Name of bubbaepp: bubbaeppbubba
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool

01-19-2006 09:52 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Skinny on Echos

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH