77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Rock And Roll » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Rock And Roll 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

RE: lol Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by shandaman
lol are they rock and roll songs though? as i listen to rock and nothing else and its gotta be hard hitting rock none of this wimpy stuff. And i believe if your going to claim to be a christian you need to write lyrics to that glorify the saviour otherwise might aswell talk about sex drugs and theft only like most worldly bands do. you cant be inbetween you gotta be a jesus freak or a world lover which in my case im a jesus freak.

o dear. houston, we have a problem.

let me direct you to the CCM magazine board, maybe you'll like it there.

12-27-2005 07:55 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
sevens
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-130.jpg

Registration Date: 01-18-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

LOL Red Face

well you're gonna find that almost all of the folks that post here don't believe if you make music and are a christian you need to write christian lyrics. I work in an office and no one expects me to write my reports in christian overtones.

What Mike and the boys do is a job like yours or mine, most of his songs are written from personal and painful experiances and that is why he has touched many lives because he can be real with his pain and not gloss it over like it doesn't exist.

And to say someone doesn't love Jesus because thier lyrics don't say that is ridiculous, when you speak in front of people do your words glorify God every time? Probably not, sorry to get on the sopabox right now but Mike and the guys are reaching people the CCM world could never reach otherwise, and it's because they don't riddle thier music with DOGMA.

P.S.
I have nothing against CCM music Smile ) there are several artists I love there as well Cool

Good day

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by sevens: 12-27-2005 07:56.

12-27-2005 07:55 sevens is offline Send an Email to sevens Homepage of sevens Search for Posts by sevens Add sevens to your Buddy List
j77
unregistered
RE: lol Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
lol are they rock and roll songs though? as i listen to rock and nothing else and its gotta be hard hitting rock none of this wimpy stuff. And i believe if your going to claim to be a christian you need to write lyrics to that glorify the saviour otherwise might aswell talk about sex drugs and theft only like most worldly bands do. you cant be inbetween you gotta be a jesus freak or a world lover which in my case im a jesus freak.

So since you claim to be a christian, you never talk about anything but the Lord, right?

Take your holier than thou attitude somewhere else. I'm sure there is room for on some bands website that rocks and only sings about the Lord in every lyric. Roll Eyes
12-27-2005 07:57
sevens
Flower in the Sand

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I wonder how old shandaman is?

12-27-2005 07:58 sevens is offline Send an Email to sevens Homepage of sevens Search for Posts by sevens Add sevens to your Buddy List
shandaman
Someone New

Registration Date: 12-26-2005

Thread Starter Thread Started by shandaman
no Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

no im not judging them but the bible says that you need to love your god with all your heart, sure everyone has sin but gotta fight it the best you can. If you want some killer rock that has superb lyrics check out petras jeckle and hide alblum 8 of the 10 songs rock like crazy.
12-27-2005 07:59 shandaman is offline Send an Email to shandaman Search for Posts by shandaman Add shandaman to your Buddy List
waterdog waterdog is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 10-26-2005
Favorite 77s album: late

hmmm I think you might be mistaken rock and roll for heavymetal, if thats so the sevens are not always sumpin' yas can head bang to. they give ya a relief so's ya don't get a headache

12-27-2005 07:59 waterdog is offline Send an Email to waterdog Search for Posts by waterdog Add waterdog to your Buddy List
sevens
Flower in the Sand

RE: no Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
no im not judging them but the bible says that you need to love your god with all your heart, sure everyone has sin but gotta fight it the best you can. If you want some killer rock that has superb lyrics check out petras jeckle and hide alblum 8 of the 10 songs rock like crazy.

so are you saying they don't love God with all thier hearts??

and yes everyone has sin, and God wants us to share that with each other so we may bulid each other up from it. I believe Mike has shared alot of pain with people he doesn't even know and in doing so has touched those in the same boat.

12-27-2005 08:01 sevens is offline Send an Email to sevens Homepage of sevens Search for Posts by sevens Add sevens to your Buddy List
j77
unregistered
RE: no Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

Well all I can say is if you like that Petra album, then the 77's aren't for you, you will never get them. Your definition of Rock and Roll doesn't fit this band.
12-27-2005 08:02
shandaman
Someone New

well Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

well i like the 77s alblum the 77s and when numbers get serious that is real rock and roll.
12-27-2005 08:03 shandaman is offline Send an Email to shandaman Search for Posts by shandaman Add shandaman to your Buddy List
j77
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by sevens
I wonder how old shandaman is?

Good question, obviously about 13.
12-27-2005 08:05
shandaman
Someone New

17 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

12-27-2005 08:07 shandaman is offline Send an Email to shandaman Search for Posts by shandaman Add shandaman to your Buddy List
sevens
Flower in the Sand

RE: well Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
well i like the 77s alblum the 77s and when numbers get serious that is real rock and roll.

Cool awesome!

well stick with the one album then friend......

don't know if you know this or not but on When Numbers get Serious the band does a cover of The Rolling Stones "Paint It Black"

you might want to get rid of it Tongue since the Stones aren't Christians

12-27-2005 08:07 sevens is offline Send an Email to sevens Homepage of sevens Search for Posts by sevens Add sevens to your Buddy List
shandaman
Someone New

lol Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

lol lyrics are fine though.
12-27-2005 08:09 shandaman is offline Send an Email to shandaman Search for Posts by shandaman Add shandaman to your Buddy List
j77
unregistered
Re: 17 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

Okay 17 year old rock and roll expert, give me your definition of rock and roll.
12-27-2005 08:09
Baby Elvis

RE: well Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

yo bro's we are suppose to be makin' fans Cool

12-27-2005 08:09 waterdog is offline Send an Email to waterdog Search for Posts by waterdog Add waterdog to your Buddy List
shandaman
Someone New

lol Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

lol rock and roll anything with serious base sick guitar srings and a total rocker on the drums.
12-27-2005 08:10 shandaman is offline Send an Email to shandaman Search for Posts by shandaman Add shandaman to your Buddy List
Baby Elvis

oh yeah and then there is that disciplin' thingy

12-27-2005 08:11 waterdog is offline Send an Email to waterdog Search for Posts by waterdog Add waterdog to your Buddy List
sevens
Flower in the Sand

Re: 17 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

you have much growing up to do shan.........It's awesome to see a young person fired up for God but there will come a time when you need to start understanding things on your own and not just ingesting all the church gives you.

There will come a time when God will start to work a better understanding of what He wants you to understand. And when that comes you'll find yourself looking back and rexaming what you've been taught.

Not saying you're being taught wrong, just saying you're in spiritual infancy and only time will show you more wisdom.

God Bless shan

12-27-2005 08:12 sevens is offline Send an Email to sevens Homepage of sevens Search for Posts by sevens Add sevens to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

quote:
Originally posted by sevens
quote:

Cool awesome!

well stick with the one album then friend......

don't know if you know this or not but on When Numbers get Serious the band does a cover of The Rolling Stones "Paint It Black"

you might want to get rid of it Tongue since the Stones aren't Christians

and don't forget the yardbirds cover....

12-27-2005 08:14 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
j77
unregistered

quote:
lol rock and roll anything with serious base sick guitar srings and a total rocker on the drums.

You're not going to find much music that does this all the time on every song and every album and also sings only about the Lord and nothing else.

Good luck in your search.
12-27-2005 08:16
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Rock And Roll

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH