77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » Roe/Pritzl Naperville 11-4-05 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Roe/Pritzl Naperville 11-4-05 4 Votes - Average Rating: 7.754 Votes - Average Rating: 7.754 Votes - Average Rating: 7.75
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
TJ 2.0
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-413.gif

Registration Date: 09-13-2004
Favorite 77s album: Island/Sticks and Stones/88

Roe/Pritzl Naperville 11-4-05 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Amazing show.

Just as the night before, Michael Pritzl played a few of his songs, followed by Mr. Roe, and then a collaboration between the two.

Amazing.

I can't remember all the songs Michael Pritzl played, (God-Rules, got a mental setlist?), but I know he started w/ Low, played Gorgeous (which lived up to it's name), Song of the Harlot, and Halo. All songs were simply amazing. Michael Pritzl with an acoustic is much more potent in my opinion than with a full electric set. I was continuously blown away.

Mike Roe then came out, and played some goodies as well. Treasure In You, The Boat Ashore, The Itch Is Back, Lutheran Hymn, as well as a few others.

They then collaborated on a few TVB and 77s songs, which was probably the highlight for me (aside from Pritzl playing Halo). The best song, hands down, of their collaborative efforts was "I Can't Get Over It". Probably the best 7's song ever, done in a new, even more haunting way, was beyond words.

This was a great, great show.

In addition, meeting the board members, and seeing some once again, was great. It was great meeting Cynthia, and meeting jeffrey k. "officially" (we've crossed paths a few times Big Grin ), and seeing God-Rules and Driver is always a pleasure. jeffrey k. and I were even afforded the opportunity to talk at length about our love of the Pixies and U2, not something I get to do everyday. Big Grin

Jeremy and jeffrey k. did a FANTASTIC job with this show. Jeremy nailed it a few months ago with the Duvall/TVB/John Davis show, but this one seemed even better. Perhaps it was due to the smaller venue, but I just think that these guys did an awesome job, and, at least from my perspective, the show came off without a hitch.

Pics will follow. Alex took some KILLER shots as well, which will be forthcoming.
11-05-2005 07:34 TJ 2.0 is offline Send an Email to TJ 2.0 Homepage of TJ 2.0 Search for Posts by TJ 2.0 Add TJ 2.0 to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-556.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

11-05-2005 08:02 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That was a great review TJ. It is so nice to put a face with that name. Smile As well as with God-Rules, and Sevens. It was a pleasure to meet all of you and your wife and family God-Rules. Your boys are cute as a button and were very well behaved.

I was so relieved that opening the doors, and the actual concerts, were half an hour late starting. Traffic was terrible and we were of course late.

The concerts were great. I have never heard Michael Pritzl or The Violet Burning before, but I was very blown away. I don't know how he sounds with his band, but it was wonderful with the acoustic. Every song was completely beautiful. I am kicking myself that I didn't buy one of his CD's.

Michael Roe's individual concert of course was wonderful. He nailed every song perfectly every time, just like they sound on the CD's. It's amazing. My only regret is that he would have played more songs during his individual time.

And of course, with the two of them together, it was amazing too. It's amazing to me how they can just pick each other's songs up like that. I guess that's talent for you. Smile I really enjoyed when they let us sing The Lust, The Flesh, They Eyes and The Pride of Life with them, and the other song that I can't recall right now too. That was really cool and very special.

I enjoyed getting to meet Michael Roe and getting to hear his sales pitch to an 8(?) year old boy to buy DayDream because it is good "make out music". As my 2 year old would say - What a goof ball! Tongue

The evening and concert were great and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I may be a little low on sleep, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Smile

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Cynthia: 11-07-2005 07:11.

11-05-2005 08:15 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

RE: Roe/Pritzl Naperville 11-4-05 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I can't wait for these pictures! I regret that I couldn't be there in the middle of it, but I wasn't in too much pain last night--Gretch and I had ampside positions within arms length of the stage last night at the Remedy Drive show. Pleased

I'm still working on getting to the Jan. 14th KC show.

11-05-2005 09:30 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

man i gotta find a way to hear one of these shows!!!!

for those of you who enjoyed the pritzl acoustic stuff, may i suggest "hollow songs", his solo release on northern records....they are mostly tvb songs, done acoustically......plus a dylan cover....it's fantastic...

11-06-2005 08:08 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

People seem to be passing boots out like candy, bud, so just take your pick.

11-06-2005 08:10 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Marti

no.....i meant in person Big Grin

i am listening to the roe part right now......i guess i shoulda said "see" this show Cool

11-06-2005 08:11 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Provision National
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-187.gif

Registration Date: 03-30-2005

you can listen to some of michael pritzl's music here:

http://www.northernrecordstore.com/index...&ProdID=77&HS=1

if there is enough interest, there has been talk of releasing a ROE vs. PRITZL limited edition CD as well, featuring live cuts.

- pnb

experience the music.
11-06-2005 08:30 Provision National is offline Send an Email to Provision National Homepage of Provision National Search for Posts by Provision National Add Provision National to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Provision National: PNB Jesse Eubanks
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

quote:
Originally posted by larryl
quote:
Originally posted by Marti

no.....i meant in person Big Grin

i am listening to the roe part right now......i guess i shoulda said "see" this show Cool

Well, if you opted for the KC show, you may get to resolve for yourself whether I'm really a person or just a D8 alias (maybe--we'll see if I get there).

11-06-2005 08:35 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
sevens
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-130.jpg

Registration Date: 01-18-2005

sorry i haven't gotten the pics up, I was sick yesterday.......I'll try and get them up by Thursday, works busy today.

BTW......the show was great, but getting together with GR,TJ,jeffk and Cynthia was better!!! Cool

11-08-2005 06:21 sevens is offline Send an Email to sevens Homepage of sevens Search for Posts by sevens Add sevens to your Buddy List
sevens
Flower in the Sand

Mike Roe asked id Pritzil had taken requests and he had......so I yelled out..................

"IT'S FOR YOU!!!"

He said "Man, not that one.....I've repented since I did that one"

LOL

11-08-2005 07:54 sevens is offline Send an Email to sevens Homepage of sevens Search for Posts by sevens Add sevens to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-556.jpg

Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Big Grin GooD stuff Cool

11-08-2005 10:51 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

quote:
Originally posted by sevens
Mike Roe asked id Pritzil had taken requests and he had......so I yelled out..................

"IT'S FOR YOU!!!"

LOL

I must have missed that comment. Too bad he wouldn't sing it, it's a good song.

11-08-2005 13:12 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
sevens
Flower in the Sand

quote:
Originally posted by Cynthia
quote:

"IT'S FOR YOU!!!"

LOL

Red Face you were too busy toking on the buds that TJ brought with him Red Face

LOL LOL LOL Big Grin kidding kidding

my gosh I'm just kidding Tongue

11-08-2005 13:16 sevens is offline Send an Email to sevens Homepage of sevens Search for Posts by sevens Add sevens to your Buddy List
sevens
Flower in the Sand

Big Grin Hey Cynthia do you remember the "Freebird" comment???? Or did you sleep through that too Wink Tongue Big Grin

I dunno if anyone has meantioned it but some dude yelled out "Freebird" when Pritzil was taking requests......Pritzil told him he could go get his money back and find someplace else in Naperville that could fill his request Cool Big Grin

11-08-2005 13:20 sevens is offline Send an Email to sevens Homepage of sevens Search for Posts by sevens Add sevens to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cynthia
quote:

"IT'S FOR YOU!!!"

LOL

Red Face you were too busy toking on the buds that TJ brought with him Red Face

LOL LOL LOL Big Grin kidding kidding

my gosh I'm just kidding Tongue

It's okay (goodness)

11-08-2005 13:32 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

quote:
Big Grin Hey Cynthia do you remember the "Freebird" comment???? Or did you sleep through that too Wink Tongue Big Grin

I dunno if anyone has meantioned it but some dude yelled out "Freebird" when Pritzil was taking requests......Pritzil told him he could go get his money back and find someplace else in Naperville that could fill his request Cool Big Grin

Yeah, I did hear that, considering he yelled it quite a few times! Tongue

11-08-2005 13:34 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
sevens
Flower in the Sand

I should have pics on here by tomorrow afternoon..... Cool

11-09-2005 14:27 sevens is offline Send an Email to sevens Homepage of sevens Search for Posts by sevens Add sevens to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

quote:

here's a few

I am offended by the "Midwest Syndicate" comment. "Chicagoland" maybe, but since Rob, Marti and I weren't there...the full "midwest syndicate" was not represented.

Pleased

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
11-10-2005 10:57 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
sevens
Flower in the Sand

ok so it's only part of the midwest syndicate Tongue

11-10-2005 10:58 sevens is offline Send an Email to sevens Homepage of sevens Search for Posts by sevens Add sevens to your Buddy List
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » Roe/Pritzl Naperville 11-4-05

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH