77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Ambien Commercial » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Ambien Commercial
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Radioactive Crow

images/avatars/avatar-180.gif

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land in Sight

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I heard it tonight and it does sound similar

Was I ever on the inside?
10-30-2005 23:34 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
DaLe DaLe is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-556.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This topic provided for one of the better comedy bits of
thursday night show Cool good catch KiT.

I have not heard it yet does anyone have a link or recording of the commerical ?

mike was playing the lust... on his guitar doing a voice over for Ambien
"a good sleeper" Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by DaLe: 11-06-2005 11:46.

11-05-2005 12:33 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
BigDork
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Location: lI was lonely and hungry, but not so lonely I wouldn't eat

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe

I have not heard it yet does anyone have a link or recording of the commerical ?

as soon as I see it again I will record it Roll Eyes

11-05-2005 16:14 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
studio246 studio246 is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 11-30-2004

Similar, but... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi, Doc & everyone:

I noticed this similarity the first time I saw the Ambien commercial. The lead line is the same as "The Lust The Flesh," but when the other instruments kick in, it's a way different chord progression and style.

On a different subject, any of our family who's ever taken Ambien has hallucinated wildly, so we tend to avoid it. "Nana" (my grandmother) saw chickens running up a wall. My cousin Paul thought he was on a pirate ship. And my sister, who was hospitalized at the time, woke up in the middle of the night, took out her IV, amended her chart with her complete medical history (she's a nurse) and walked naked to the nurses station. She then asked the on-duty nurse to direct her to the helipad on top of the building because she had to appear on the Oprah Winfrey show the next morning.

Big Grin

Steve Bothersome
11-08-2005 07:44 studio246 is offline Send an Email to studio246 Homepage of studio246 Search for Posts by studio246 Add studio246 to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

RE: Similar, but... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by studio246
Hi, Doc & everyone:

I noticed this similarity the first time I saw the Ambien commercial. The lead line is the same as "The Lust The Flesh," but when the other instruments kick in, it's a way different chord progression and style.

On a different subject, any of our family who's ever taken Ambien has hallucinated wildly, so we tend to avoid it. "Nana" (my grandmother) saw chickens running up a wall. My cousin Paul thought he was on a pirate ship. And my sister, who was hospitalized at the time, woke up in the middle of the night, took out her IV, amended her chart with her complete medical history (she's a nurse) and walked naked to the nurses station. She then asked the on-duty nurse to direct her to the helipad on top of the building because she had to appear on the Oprah Winfrey show the next morning.

Big Grin

Steve Bothersome

Wow! I'll have to check that out. I need some of that in time for the arrival of my Glass Harp reissues.

11-08-2005 09:49 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Ambien Commercial

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH