77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » Cornerstone 2002 Simply Amazing » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Cornerstone 2002 Simply Amazing
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
freek freek is a male
Mr. Magoo

Registration Date: 06-09-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land In Sight

Cornerstone 2002 Simply Amazing Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The last time I saw the complete band play a show was extremely memorable!

The Gallery Stage July 5, 2002 at Cornerstone in Bushnell, IL - the last act before Encore performances...

The 7's ruled that night!!!

A perfect show... oldies, debuting Direct in a stripped down acoustic set, a guest guitarist for a tune (D. Beegle), and then a blazing performance including an extended Medley!!!

Outrageous...

the set list follows...

Related
Tattoo
Woody
Where It's At
Direct Jingle
*Born on Separate Days (Mike & Bruce)
*Perfect (Mike & Mark)
*Roesbud (Mike, Mark & Bruce)
*Genuine (Mike, Mark, Bruce, & Scott)
*Dig My Heels
Take Your Mind Off It (w/Dave Beegle - if my memory serves correct)
Mean Green Season
Medley (Unbalanced, Indian Winter, Don't This Way, Rocks In Your Head, Snowblind, Honestly, Gravy Chain) - over 16 minutes!!!
Dave's Blues
The Lust, the Flesh, the Eyes and the Pride of Life
Nobody's Fault But Mine

*denotes mostly acoustic performance

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by freek: 06-18-2004 10:03.

06-18-2004 10:03 freek is offline Send an Email to freek Search for Posts by freek Add freek to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of freek: doug77@mac.com
freek freek is a male
Mr. Magoo

Thread Starter Thread Started by freek
Pics from the Gallery Stage 7/5/02 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Mike @ Soundcheck w/ Dave Beegle in the Background

06-18-2004 10:05 freek is offline Send an Email to freek Search for Posts by freek Add freek to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of freek: doug77@mac.com
freek freek is a male
Mr. Magoo

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Mark @ Soundcheck...

06-18-2004 10:06 freek is offline Send an Email to freek Search for Posts by freek Add freek to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of freek: doug77@mac.com
freek freek is a male
Mr. Magoo

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Bruce - Soundcheck...

06-18-2004 10:08 freek is offline Send an Email to freek Search for Posts by freek Add freek to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of freek: doug77@mac.com
freek freek is a male
Mr. Magoo

the 77's C-Stone Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

from my perspective and my digital - consistently terrible in low light... <grrrrr....>

06-18-2004 10:10 freek is offline Send an Email to freek Search for Posts by freek Add freek to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of freek: doug77@mac.com
freek freek is a male
Mr. Magoo

THE MEDLEY!!!!

06-18-2004 10:13 freek is offline Send an Email to freek Search for Posts by freek Add freek to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of freek: doug77@mac.com
latencybaks latencybaks is a male
Mezzo

Registration Date: 06-17-2004

i have a memory of that concert, but i was only 7 years old...?

i must have had a dream...there was an older boy there calling me "dad?"
06-18-2004 11:29 latencybaks is offline Send an Email to latencybaks Search for Posts by latencybaks Add latencybaks to your Buddy List
freek freek is a male
Mr. Magoo

well do you remember it with similar fondness?

~f

06-18-2004 11:46 freek is offline Send an Email to freek Search for Posts by freek Add freek to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of freek: doug77@mac.com
j100xtra
unregistered

Nice pics there freek. Thanks.
06-18-2004 11:53
Mezzo

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by freek
well do you remember it with similar fondness?

~f

It was a very, very good dream!
06-18-2004 20:36 latencybaks is offline Send an Email to latencybaks Search for Posts by latencybaks Add latencybaks to your Buddy List
freek freek is a male
Mr. Magoo

so baxter was at the 7's show at C-stone 2002, and I know lam (sat behind her and her husband at almost every show I attended...) was also there...

anyone else there...

weird... to think I was possibly within 100 yards of baxter and never knew it... although I do recall the intermittent faint smell of taquito's throughout the weekend... hmmmm....

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by freek: 06-19-2004 08:41.

06-19-2004 08:40 freek is offline Send an Email to freek Search for Posts by freek Add freek to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of freek: doug77@mac.com
Dreamlands Dreamlands is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-12-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Yeah, I was there, in the front and off to the right. Regrettably, many of the digital pics I took wound up on an unfaithful CD-RW. The memory lives on... including the following day when, at the Dogs show, a little tiff ensued between Mike and Derri as to which band rocked the house that night.

Been to C-Stone 99, 2K, 01, 02 and 03 but will not make this year because of the line-up issues.
06-25-2004 16:56 Dreamlands is offline Send an Email to Dreamlands Search for Posts by Dreamlands Add Dreamlands to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Dreamlands: vision170
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

That was a great show.. probably the best 77s
show I've seen.
06-25-2004 23:24 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
freek freek is a male
Mr. Magoo

Thanks for sharing your fond memories of an amazing night - Dream and Audiori...

I saw Audiori - I believe they filmed the whole night.

Couldn't have been to far from Dream - I was front row against the stage just to the right of M. Roe; and then three or four people back dead center (right behind lam77s)...

~f

06-26-2004 06:02 freek is offline Send an Email to freek Search for Posts by freek Add freek to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of freek: doug77@mac.com
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

Yeah we filmed a few years with the hope of capturing something
good to edit together. There is always technical difficulties though.
Sound problems, camera problems or whatever.
06-27-2004 13:48 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
freek freek is a male
Mr. Magoo

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Yeah we filmed a few years with the hope of capturing something
good to edit together. There is always technical difficulties though.
Sound problems, camera problems or whatever.

any chance of a "best footage" we got from C-stone...

hhmmmmm??!!

Big Grin

btw I agree - yes, it was clearly the standout concert I have seen... although a very close second was when I saw them on the DWLIS Buzz Stop Tour with Prayer Chain at Messiah College and they blew the roof off of Eisenhower Student Center...

~f

oh, and the 1990 show at Greyslake was also over the top...

06-28-2004 13:18 freek is offline Send an Email to freek Search for Posts by freek Add freek to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of freek: doug77@mac.com
PennSt8 PennSt8 is a female
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 05-31-2004

Hey Freek, I was at the Messiah College gig also. Was that not a great concert? (Okay I'm being redundant, because you just said that.)

After waiting almost 10 years to see the 77's play, I actually got to see them twice in the space of a week; the first show was the prior week at GMA, but the Messiah College show was better. 328 Performance Hall has (or had) baaad acoustics.
06-28-2004 14:34 PennSt8 is offline Send an Email to PennSt8 Search for Posts by PennSt8 Add PennSt8 to your Buddy List
freek freek is a male
Mr. Magoo

a great lineup!!

A Smith, M Harmon, D Leonhardt, and M Roe...

First time I ever heard Snake was that night - as well as the cover of Nobody's Fault...

The Encore with Pray Naked - was just outrageous... and for A. Smith to have enough in the tank to solo - was impressive...

Yes, it is a show I remember with great fondness...

~f

06-28-2004 14:41 freek is offline Send an Email to freek Search for Posts by freek Add freek to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of freek: doug77@mac.com
Mezzo

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You are not alone there, sir.

http://tm3am.com/redirect.htm
06-28-2004 20:11 latencybaks is offline Send an Email to latencybaks Search for Posts by latencybaks Add latencybaks to your Buddy List
freek freek is a male
Mr. Magoo

thanks Baks...

that was fun to read here '02 C-stone impressions...

~f

06-29-2004 11:36 freek is offline Send an Email to freek Search for Posts by freek Add freek to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of freek: doug77@mac.com
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » Cornerstone 2002 Simply Amazing

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH