77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » Dogs in LA » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Dogs in LA
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
.evangeline. .evangeline. is a female
Radioactive Hatchling

Registration Date: 06-05-2004

Dogs in LA Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

12/7/41, 4/1/98, and 8/26/05 are sorry dates that will now live in infamy together. On that fateful, hot August night, i witnessed a band, that has generally been known as child-friendly, turn against and abuse the adorable children of Chatsworth. If Deri had been there, this probably could not have happened. Or, would his dark and culpable bandmates have overpowered him to still wreak their mayhem upon the darlings? Here are the awful events. The children of Chatworth had been primed to run to the stage to receive delicious candies and other fine gifts from the kind and considerate adults who roamed the stag before Mike and Terry. Terry also held up a bright, colorful box of chewy candies and called for the children to come and partake. The adorable ones ran to the stage again with great expectations. However, that menace Taylor then began to pelt the dear ones with miniature carrots. When the children naturally reacted with disappointment, bewildered and sad faces, and some derision of the unkind performers, Mr. Taylor magnified his sin by taunting the "brats" and demanding that they go back to their parents. In Mike's defense, i must report that he did gently chide his bandmate for this outrageous attack on innocence. However, "Dr. Love" did nothing substantial to actually stop the dreadful occurence. In Mike's defense again, he did permit my son to throw a carrot at him (an unusual form of penance to be sure) during the autograph time.

i can not say that i will now boycott the band. i do love children, but i also love the music these monsters make. What i propose is that we loyal and good fans forever remind the Dogs of their sin by pelting them with carrots whenever they sing a song about children. In this manner we will be upholding the dignity of the Chatsworth children. We will be sending a clear message to the world that we will not forget the infamous date of 8/26. We may even inadvertantly help the band as we are trying to chastise them. Think of the Newsboys. The only explanation i can make for their enormous success in record sales and concert attendance is that people like to throw cereal at them. As carrots can pack a little more punch and even slightly bruise a performer, people will like this even more. Record sales may soar. If this is the case, i'm sure the Dogs will be willing to overlook a few bruises.

Please let me know if you will join me in this important crusade for the children of Chatsworth.

"...the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force."
08-29-2005 13:32 .evangeline. is offline Send an Email to .evangeline. Search for Posts by .evangeline. Add .evangeline. to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

RE: Dogs in LA Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What if at a future concert, Derri gets nailed in the face with a carrot. Wouldn't that be unfair to him?
I don't know.... maybe retaliation could occur @ one of those backyard gigs where its Mike & Terry together singing for peanuts. Except this time, they'll be singing for carrots.

08-29-2005 15:17 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
.evangeline. .evangeline. is a female
Radioactive Hatchling

Registration Date: 06-05-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by .evangeline.
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

To be honest, the concert was excellent. It was held on a baseball field overlooking the city of Los Angeles, and the Lost Dogs hit another one out of the park. The banter was hilarious, as it always is. Terry shared that he was amazed by the beauty of Come Down Here when Mike first wrote the song. Gradually this amazement turned to bitter and violent envy. Terry shared that on the van ride to the concert the envy crescendoed to the point that he sought to bludgeon Mike with a balpeen hammer. Mike wryly suggested that Terry only shared this so that he could use the words "balpeen hammer." Terry was wryly self-deprecating after mistakingly referring to the Carollee of Rob and Carollee as "Caroline." I assumed this was a result of his well-documented fixation on Neil Diamond?

The carrot incident was actually very funny. My very cynical 14 year old even laughed a lot. The kids did not permit the Lost Dogs to get all the laughs. When Mike referred to a lit cross on a nearby hill, he asked, "Is that your church?" One of the street-wise little ones answered, "Whatdyathink dog?!"

i was amazed by the beauty of Come Down Here once again. Happy Campers was great fun, especially in this setting (a father/child camp), and especially sitting next to Zippety, who was singing with great gusto. All the kids seemed to like Ten Gallon Hat and seemed to enjoy whistling with the yodelling. Mike and Terry played several mini sets. In between, there was animation and sports blooper video for the kids. The strongest mini set was the final one. They played Papa Danced on Olvera Street, Let There Be Angels Around the Children, and Lord Protect My Child. Terry shared in depth about his relationship with his father and the all the emotions behind Papa Danced. He used this to encourage all the dads to tell their kids they loved them. "Look them in the eye and tell them tonight!" His voice cracked with the passion of his message. I have heard Terry speak about this song several times but never so beautifully or poingantly.

Thank you Dr. Love and Terry for another excellent concert. i shouldn't presume to mess with near perfection, but i thought Buffalo Fields would have been an outstanding choice for this concert.

"...the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force."
08-30-2005 09:17 .evangeline. is offline Send an Email to .evangeline. Search for Posts by .evangeline. Add .evangeline. to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered
RE: Dogs in LA Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by peawinkel
What if at a future concert, Derri gets nailed in the face with a carrot. Wouldn't that be unfair to him?
I don't know.... maybe retaliation could occur @ one of those backyard gigs where its Mike & Terry together singing for peanuts. Except this time, they'll be singing for carrots.

Or maybe some rolled up sandwich meat? I heard throwing old sandwich meat at the performers is a tradition.... or maybe even a fish..or tiny tomatos....
08-30-2005 09:20
Eddie Econoline Van Halen Eddie Econoline Van Halen is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-109.jpg

Registration Date: 06-24-2005

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
quote:
Originally posted by peawinkel

Or maybe some rolled up sandwich meat? I heard throwing old sandwich meat at the performers is a tradition.... or maybe even a fish..or tiny tomatos....

dude i got it: how bout throwing tiny rolled-up robots!? that would kick major ass, bra!

take 'er sleazy!

08-30-2005 13:38 Eddie Econoline Van Halen is offline Search for Posts by Eddie Econoline Van Halen Add Eddie Econoline Van Halen to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » Dogs in LA

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH