77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Nazarene Crying Towel » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Nazarene Crying Towel 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Cynthia
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2005

Nazarene Crying Towel Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I know this is really not a Lost Dogs sight, but theres a lot of you fans out there right? So, I was just curious, does anyone know if the song Home Again from the Nazarene Crying Towel album is an old song, like from the late 70's/early 80's. I swear I've heard it before. Or maybe it is similar to Terry's style from back then? Especially the harmonizing. Any comments?

08-05-2005 10:21 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

Thread Starter Thread Started by Cynthia
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I guess no one really knows. My husband has one of the early DA record albums, but we don't have a turn table to listen to it on. I guess I will have to get one and answer my own question. The Nazarene Crying Towel album is a GREAT album. I especially like the song Jesus on the Shore. You can't be in a bad mood and listen to the words "in His hands is providence" and not have it affect your heart.

08-09-2005 09:44 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

RE: Nazarene Crying Towel Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We all commented on that when we were recording it -- "gosh Terry, this is like your real old Daniel Amos stuff!" -- and that sort of thing......

He wrote it for NCT. It's not an old song. Yep, the old boy's still got it in 'im!
08-09-2005 10:18 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Cynthia
Mezzo

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks for clearing that up. I was beginning to think it was just my imagination.

08-09-2005 11:22 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered

Cool! We kinda thought the same thing but didn't know for sure one way or the other. Theres a lot on that album that reminds me not only of early DA, but pre-DA...Good Shepherd type of stuff. Moses in the Desert could easiliy been from that period around '71 - '72 in Jesus music.
08-09-2005 12:54
Cynthia
Mezzo

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
Cool! We kinda thought the same thing but didn't know for sure one way or the other. Theres a lot on that album that reminds me not only of early DA, but pre-DA...Good Shepherd type of stuff. Moses in the Desert could easiliy been from that period around '71 - '72 in Jesus music.

Oh sure. Thanks for backing up my theory now that it's been proven. Letting me hang out there for all those days without even a single comment. Where were you last week? Wink (Just Kidding)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Cynthia: 08-11-2005 11:47.

08-11-2005 08:06 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-556.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

RE: Nazarene Crying Towel Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Cynthia
maybe it is similar to Terry's style from back then? Especially the harmonizing.

YuP Cool GooD CaLL...

08-11-2005 08:10 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Mudpappy II Mudpappy II is a male
Praying Naked

images/avatars/avatar-566.jpg

Registration Date: 04-21-2005

I plan on buying Nazarene Crying Towel tomorrow. How does it compare to other Lost Dogs albums?
Are all of the songs pretty good?

08-11-2005 08:49 Mudpappy II is offline Send an Email to Mudpappy II Search for Posts by Mudpappy II Add Mudpappy II to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

quote:
Originally posted by Mudpappy II
I plan on buying Nazarene Crying Towel tomorrow. How does it compare to other Lost Dogs albums?

The nostalgic multi-generational story in the liner notes dovetails beautifully with the nostalgic, timeless quality of the music, IMHO. It's a mellower album, and all good, again IMHO.

08-11-2005 08:52 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Alex Alex is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-115.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2005
Favorite 77s album: Eighty Eight

quote:

Their mellowest output yet. Semi- unplugged sound with just a background job for drums and electric guitar. Quite the exact opposite of the furious drumming on RMC. But the songs do the trick. Just a great album. Very sentimental. I love it. If it were stolen I'd buy it again, definitely and immediately.

Alex

08-11-2005 09:45 Alex is offline Send an Email to Alex Homepage of Alex Search for Posts by Alex Add Alex to your Buddy List
Mudpappy II Mudpappy II is a male
Praying Naked

images/avatars/avatar-566.jpg

Registration Date: 04-21-2005

Mellow... sounds good to me. I almost prefer sentimental over bone-crushing.

08-11-2005 10:59 Mudpappy II is offline Send an Email to Mudpappy II Search for Posts by Mudpappy II Add Mudpappy II to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

Mellow, like stated, but it has quite a bit of variety in the different styles of music. The music and the words are all very soothing and encouraging and uplifting.

08-11-2005 11:51 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered

Yeah and like whas been stated here, there is sort of a
stripped down simple sound not only in the music but also in the lyric.

The one that sums up my view of the disc is like I posted above;
"Moses in The Desert", very much like an accoustic storyteller
tune with simple reflection on a part of God's word.

That song like Mike's song, on MUTT "Sunshine Down" to me is
some of the guys best writing.

I've heard it said once 'Intelligence' is what you know,
'Wisdom' is being able to explain what you know in simple terms.

Being able write a beautiful song with such simple lyrics and not
be shallow or silly to me takes a lot of talent.
08-11-2005 13:29
Cynthia
Mezzo

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
Yeah and like whas been stated here, there is sort of a
stripped down simple sound not only in the music but also in the lyric.

The one that sums up my view of the disc is like I posted above;
"Moses in The Desert", very much like an accoustic storyteller
tune with simple reflection on a part of God's word.

That song like Mike's song, on MUTT "Sunshine Down" to me is
some of the guys best writing.

I've heard it said once 'Intelligence' is what you know,
'Wisdom' is being able to explain what you know in simple terms.

Being able write a beautiful song with such simple lyrics and not
be shallow or silly to me takes a lot of talent.

Very well put.

08-11-2005 15:32 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

Again... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Listened to this album again today (as well as many other times). Again, what a peaceful, loving thought that "in His hand is providence". He has everything under control, just as He has been in control always and forever.

03-08-2006 18:56 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
bubbaepp bubbaepp is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-204.gif

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

quote:
Mellow... sounds good to me. I almost prefer sentimental over bone-crushing.

I prefer the bone-crushing, but I love everything the Dogs have done. "Moses In The Desert" and "Cry Out Loud" are my favs off of that album.

I bet EEVH prefers bone-crushing.

03-09-2006 11:56 bubbaepp is offline Send an Email to bubbaepp Search for Posts by bubbaepp Add bubbaepp to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of bubbaepp: bubbaepp YIM Account Name of bubbaepp: bubbaeppbubba
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Nazarene Crying Towel

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH