77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » CD & DVD Reviews » 7&7is - Fun with Sound » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 7&7is - Fun with Sound 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

RE: Great CD! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jyroflux
Why oh why did I wait so long to get Fun With Sound? I just put it on for the first time and listened to it and I LOVE it. I try to listen to music the first time without looking at song names or reading the CD. So, I can't say what songs rise above the rest, but I'm sure I'll be listening to this CD a lot in the next few weeks or months.

Cool Cool

09-10-2006 19:08 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

RE: Great CD! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I loaned my copy of FWS to my insurance agent the other day. He is totally unfamiliar with the 77's, Michael Roe, etc...or I should say that he WAS unfamiliar...

I haven't talked to him yet, but will be stopping by to see him in the next week. Will be interesting to hear his reaction.

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
09-10-2007 08:33 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jyroflux
Why oh why did I wait so long to get Fun With Sound? I just put it on for the first time and listened to it and I LOVE it. I try to listen to music the first time without looking at song names or reading the CD. So, I can't say what songs rise above the rest, but I'm sure I'll be listening to this CD a lot in the next few weeks or months.

Given your name, I thought of Mortal's "Jil Sent Me" (I think that's the right title), which is very similar in style to "Fun With Sound", and probably one of my favorite Mortal songs!

09-10-2007 16:11 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Chesterdox Chesterdox is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 06-05-2006
Favorite 77s album: Holy Ghost Building

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If Mike & Co. could put out an album full of Jack Spoiler-ish tunes, it would surpass everything they've ever done. ever. And that's coming from a very happy, long-time fan. That song is so freakin' good that I edited L'Orbis out of it, and I crank it LOUD almost every day... and I bought it when it came out!

IMHO, Jack spoiler is the (line above the 'e') missing link for those critics who talk about what the 77's could have been (sniff-sniff-U2-sniff b.s.).

Better than MT, better than the Lust, better than Do It For Love, better than This is the Way Love is.

My Christmas wish-list::

A new self-titled album by Jack Spoiler.

09-18-2007 07:29 Chesterdox is offline Send an Email to Chesterdox Homepage of Chesterdox Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Chesterdox: none YIM Account Name of Chesterdox: none View the MSN Profile for Chesterdox
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » CD & DVD Reviews » 7&7is - Fun with Sound

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH