77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » Lost Dog's in Vienna - 7-14-05 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lost Dog's in Vienna - 7-14-05
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

Registration Date: 08-02-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land In Sight

Lost Dog's in Vienna - 7-14-05 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

7&7 is 14... july 14, 2005 was a glorious night...

The Dog's performed at the Jammin' Java in Vienna, VA - to an enthusiastic crowd and a fair sized crowd (@130-40). The dogs seemed to be road weary but happy to be inside to perform for their fans (especially after the rain out in Richmond on 7/13).

After ENDURING an openning act (it seems there is always a price to pay - if not monetary - then in some other form of equity)... the Dog's took the stage and as all have said - the vocals were tight, the schtick effortless, the quips sharp but with sly smile, and the melodies and musicianship of a standard rarely experienced. All the guys seemed to really enjoy themselves and were "in the moment." The audience roared with laughter, seemed touched by Joel, exploded with laughter and enthusiastically clapped and whopped and hollered for an encore.

The quality of this musical act can't be overstated. A testament to their musical talent, enduring friendship and years of experience... I brought two long time friends and can't tell you how impressed they were... they have talked about it in very glowing terms.

The guys although tired... came out and greeted those in attendance and spent time signing, smiling, listening and interacting.

Some new quips...

mike - on their lack of success "we have even tried to sell our souls to the devil and he wouldn't take 'em."

derri - to an over enthusiastic fan (some phreak?) who requested a tune - "when you are in a rock band you can make the set list."

terry - "there was a time we were on the top of the heap... now we are here and the heap is over there... now we are considering a name change to get back to 'mid-heap.'"

terry - introducing skinny... "steve "the whore of babylon."

mike - "we are going to hell... and enjoying every minute of the journey."

Tongue

Setlist:

If You Want To
To Cover You
Certain Love
Come Down Here (amazing!)
Startin' Monday
Free Drinks and a Dream
Sunshine Down
The Lust, the Flesh, the Eyes and the Pride of Life
Moses in the Desert
In the Distance
If You Loved Here
Bad Indigestion
Wild Ride
Why is the Devil Red

encore:
Bullet Train (within 5 miles of NRA Headquarters... seemed fitting)
Rescue Me (New Choir Tune)
Joel

~f

~ ffphreeack!! ~

Christianity 101: love God; love others

07-15-2005 05:32 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
God-rules God-rules is a male
Happy Roy

Registration Date: 06-03-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just as a follow up to the Whore of Babylon comment on Steve.......

At C-Stone, Terry noted that in order to get more CCM airplay and recognition, they are changing thier names.

Mike will now be Mike Romans
Terry will be Terry Testament
Derri will be Derri Dueteronomy
and Steve Hindalong will be Steve Whore of Babalon

I was a little dissapointed that they didn't close with Breathe Deep. It has always been a highlight of a Dogs show for me.

Michaelclearingitup

I'm gonna put my carbon footprint right up a greenies lactose intolerant hind end! - squidzit 2008

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by God-rules: 07-21-2005 04:55.

07-21-2005 04:53 God-rules is offline Send an Email to God-rules Search for Posts by God-rules Add God-rules to your Buddy List
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

Thread Starter Thread Started by phreak
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Joel" is a fitting closer - and a great benediction...

loved it!

~f

~ ffphreeack!! ~

07-22-2005 06:21 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
Cynthia
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2005

Breath Deep Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I agree on wishing they played Breath Deap for the oncore. I was really hoping they would when they played a basement concert at my sisters house, but someone said they don't do that song much anymore. Not sure if that is true or not, but it sure is a beautiful song.

07-22-2005 06:36 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

Thread Starter Thread Started by phreak

^ I am fairly certain they played it last year on the mutt tour...

I think I have heard them play that breathe deep every time I have seen them live - with the exception of this show...

~f

~ ffphreeack!! ~

07-23-2005 14:44 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
.evangeline. .evangeline. is a female
Radioactive Hatchling

Registration Date: 06-05-2004

RE: Lost Dog's in Vienna - 7-14-05 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by phreak
Some new quips...

mike - on their lack of success "we have even tried to sell our souls to the devil and he wouldn't take 'em."

derri - to an over enthusiastic fan (some phreak?) who requested a tune - "when you are in a rock band you can make the set list."

terry - "there was a time we were on the top of the heap... now we are here and the heap is over there... now we are considering a name change to get back to 'mid-heap.'"

terry - introducing skinny... "steve "the whore of babylon."

mike - "we are going to hell... and enjoying every minute of the journey."

~f

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

"...the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force."
08-31-2005 10:43 .evangeline. is offline Send an Email to .evangeline. Search for Posts by .evangeline. Add .evangeline. to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-294.gif

Registration Date: 05-19-2005
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Mike, if you're still here...(I"ve resorted to bringing up an only semi-related topic)... do you remember signing our baby in Toronto last year?
Are you coming back here this summer?

05-03-2006 16:39 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » Lost Dog's in Vienna - 7-14-05

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH