77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » 77's Rarities ??? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 77's Rarities ???
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
HERACLEVS HERACLEVS is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-21-2005
Favorite 77s album: All of 'em

Question 77's Rarities ??? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi.

I've rounded up all the 77's CD's, as well as some compilation CD's from Alternative/Stunt that have some odd tracks ("Unsatisfied," "Wild Boys," "Thief Song," and "When the Victims Control" under the name SCRATCH BAND), as well as "Good Directions" and a non-Lost Dogs version of "Smokescreen."

does anyone else know of other "off the beaten path" 77's tunes, and how one might go about getting them? Big Grin

Thanks!

- Romans 9

"Safe in the Hands of Destiny"
07-14-2005 19:24 HERACLEVS is offline Send an Email to HERACLEVS Homepage of HERACLEVS Search for Posts by HERACLEVS Add HERACLEVS to your Buddy List
VeeDub VeeDub is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 05-06-2005

RE: 77's Rarities ??? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

By referring to Good Directions & Smokescreen, I assume you are referring to Boot Level (CD edition), which also includes a unique demo of Mercy Mercy. (The remaining 77s tracks on that CD were reissued as bonus cuts on the 123 box.)

Also, you need the various artists compilation Live At Cornerstone 2000: Greatest Hits (Millenium Eight) for 3 tracks, as well as Flevo Totaal Festival (GMI) for a live version of I Can't Get Over It.

Maybe someone can chime in regarding availability.
07-14-2005 23:07 VeeDub is offline Send an Email to VeeDub Search for Posts by VeeDub Add VeeDub to your Buddy List
VeeDub VeeDub is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 05-06-2005

RE: 77's Rarities ??? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Additionally, hope you also have the fan club releases Happy Chrimbo and Guilty Pleasures for more odds n ends.

(You didn't mention it, but also unique to Shirley: The Someone New extended mix is different from that on 123.)
07-14-2005 23:13 VeeDub is offline Send an Email to VeeDub Search for Posts by VeeDub Add VeeDub to your Buddy List
Alex Alex is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-115.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2005
Favorite 77s album: Eighty Eight

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There's a different mix of "You walked in the room" on the "Spark" Release of "Sticks and Stones".

Alex

07-15-2005 04:20 Alex is offline Send an Email to Alex Homepage of Alex Search for Posts by Alex Add Alex to your Buddy List
Nekkid Prey Nekkid Prey is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-06-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Island Records Sampler Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

And, of course, there's the Island [Records] Sampler #1 that contains THE original mix (or master recording) of "I Can't Get Over It," which may be better than the mix that appears on the s/t album.

Mike Roe can correct me if I'm wrong ... BTW, did you ever get a genuine copy of that sampler, Mike? I remember us scrambling for one of Randy Layton's extra copies a number of years ago ...

07-18-2005 18:25 Nekkid Prey is offline Send an Email to Nekkid Prey Homepage of Nekkid Prey Search for Posts by Nekkid Prey Add Nekkid Prey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Nekkid Prey: Nekkid Prey YIM Account Name of Nekkid Prey: mike_beidler
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

RE: Island Records Sampler Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There was ever only one mix of "I Can't Get Over It". I have but ONE copy of the Island Sampler CD, and I'm so proud of it mainly because our tune sits right next to "The Cutting Edge" by our idols The Comsat Angels! It's one of their best cuts ever.

Additionally, Traffic's "Low Spark of High Heeled Boys" is on there. What could be cooler than that?

We are the champions of the 'missed lucky break', but that sampler defied our perpetual bad luck as there really isn't any good reason why we ended up on there. These kinds of cool things rarely happen to us so I've always been grateful for this little gem even though maybe only ten people got to actually have one.
07-19-2005 07:45 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

There's a lot of great early 77s/Scratch jammin' on early Steve Scott CDs. Weren't ya'll basically his house band, Dr. Love?

07-19-2005 10:01 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » 77's Rarities ???

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH