77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Sticks and Stones (Spark) for trade » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Sticks and Stones (Spark) for trade
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Alex Alex is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-115.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2005
Favorite 77s album: Eighty Eight

Sticks and Stones (Spark) for trade Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I got an additional copy of "Sticks and Stones"; it's the rare Spark release that the crazy Spinone Guy tries to sell for 100$. It includes the four "Miserable" tracks and is in excellent condition.

I'd like to trade it either for some bootlegs...

...or for fan club releases (Happy Chrimbo, Roesbuds, Guilty Pleasures)

Anyone willing to trade? Drop me a PM and in the end we'll see who's gonna get the little gem.

Alex

05-11-2005 05:08 Alex is offline Send an Email to Alex Homepage of Alex Search for Posts by Alex Add Alex to your Buddy List
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

Registration Date: 08-02-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land In Sight

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i sent you a pm Alex...

talk to me.

~f

~ ffphreeack!! ~

Christianity 101: love God; love others

05-11-2005 05:12 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
Alex Alex is a male
Mr. Magoo

Thread Starter Thread Started by Alex
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just answered via PM.

But after your message I decided to see what's it worth for the rest of the people out there and decide then. Thank you very much for your understanding.

As I said before, it's not easy to get any 77s records in Germany, bootlegs and fan club releases are even harder to get.

Right now we're at five Bootlegs from your list plus copies of the three fan club releases. Let's wait a few days and see what happens. If nobody else jumps into it then you're the lucky one.

Alex

05-11-2005 06:32 Alex is offline Send an Email to Alex Homepage of Alex Search for Posts by Alex Add Alex to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

wow.....sounds like phreak has me beaten already.........

DAMB YOU PHREAK!!!!!!

05-11-2005 06:39 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Alex Alex is a male
Mr. Magoo

phreak just made another great offer to me, I'll end up with a wide range of live recordings plus a copy of the fan club releases. I'll finish the trade tomorrow, then I'll most likely accept phreaks offer. Thank you very much for participation.

Alex

05-11-2005 07:22 Alex is offline Send an Email to Alex Homepage of Alex Search for Posts by Alex Add Alex to your Buddy List
Alex Alex is a male
Mr. Magoo

phreak is the winner!

Alex

05-12-2005 14:49 Alex is offline Send an Email to Alex Homepage of Alex Search for Posts by Alex Add Alex to your Buddy List
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

BASTARD! Mad

05-12-2005 17:38 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Radioactive Crow

images/avatars/avatar-180.gif

Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land in Sight

lol, Congrats phreak. I didn't even know this thing existed.

Was I ever on the inside?
05-12-2005 20:28 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

I gots precious... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks ALEX!!!

This has been a rarity hard to find...

Here is what mike said about this release in June of 2003...

"The Spark Version sounds way better than the American version. Also, the mix of "You Walked In The Room" is the original 1986 mixdown we did, which is not as powerful as the one I did with Steve Griffith in 1990 but very cool all the same. I can't remember now why they insisted on using those "Miserable" tracks rather than the line-up we had for the official USA release. They certainly didn't fit musically, but it all adds up to a curious rarity and an exciting collectible for the hardcore fan... Having said all that, the original American CD still sounds great!"

Well, here is one hardcore 77's phreak who is happy to have this wondrous little gem...

The stuff sounds great!

~f

~ ffphreeack!! ~

05-23-2005 07:56 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
Alex Alex is a male
Mr. Magoo

How to make two people happy... be blessed!

Alex

05-23-2005 10:37 Alex is offline Send an Email to Alex Homepage of Alex Search for Posts by Alex Add Alex to your Buddy List
Radioactive Crow

you can make three people happy if you have another copy of that Big Grin

05-25-2005 11:30 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
Alex Alex is a male
Mr. Magoo

quote:
Originally posted by rob 3.0
you can make three people happy if you have another copy of that Big Grin

Nope, sorry. I didn't even keep a CD-R of it, why should I? I still have the regular version.

Alex

05-25-2005 12:10 Alex is offline Send an Email to Alex Homepage of Alex Search for Posts by Alex Add Alex to your Buddy List
VeeDub VeeDub is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 05-06-2005

Isn't there something else unique about it musically, besides the fact that it's rounded out with Miserable tracks rather than "lost island treasures?"
05-26-2005 08:47 VeeDub is offline Send an Email to VeeDub Search for Posts by VeeDub Add VeeDub to your Buddy List
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

yes...

Here is what mike said about this release in June of 2003...

"The Spark Version sounds way better than the American version. Also, the mix of "You Walked In The Room" is the original 1986 mixdown we did, which is not as powerful as the one I did with Steve Griffith in 1990 but very cool all the same. I can't remember now why they insisted on using those "Miserable" tracks rather than the line-up we had for the official USA release. They certainly didn't fit musically, but it all adds up to a curious rarity and an exciting collectible for the hardcore fan... Having said all that, the original American CD still sounds great!"

~ ffphreeack!! ~

05-26-2005 09:33 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
Radioactive Crow

so have you gotten it yet phreak?

05-26-2005 09:52 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

Oh yes.

very cool.

~f

Cool

~ ffphreeack!! ~

05-26-2005 09:57 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Sticks and Stones (Spark) for trade

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH