77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » There's no place like home, there's no place like home... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (6): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page There's no place like home, there's no place like home...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
freak freak is a male
Unbalanced

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land In Sight

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by j100xtra
There was one certain topic in the dump that I was very interested in. Other than that I stayed away.

what was the topic... inquiring minds want to know....

Smile

Dennis, the Dr. Rich, for Blackboard President
05-29-2004 08:27 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
j100xtra
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The topic was "The 5 points of the Jewish star, aren't there really 6?"

And for the record I am not Jewish.

And I will be editing this post so read fast. Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by j100xtra: 05-29-2004 08:34.

05-29-2004 08:31
freak freak is a male
Unbalanced

ha ha!

me either!!!!!

05-29-2004 08:32 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
freak freak is a male
Unbalanced

I am guessing then j that this isn't your favorite flower...

05-29-2004 08:33 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Radioactive Crow

images/avatars/avatar-180.gif

Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land in Sight

Confused

Was I ever on the inside?
05-29-2004 08:35 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
j100xtra
unregistered

I prefer the "Lily of the Valley" over that flower. It was an enjoyable debate though.
05-29-2004 08:36
freak freak is a male
Unbalanced

yeah... I don't mind theological debate... the certainty and lack of openness that accompanies the debate is what I don't like.

05-29-2004 08:38 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
j100xtra
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by freak
yeah... I don't mind theological debate... the certainty and lack of openness that accompanies the debate is what I don't like.

It was timely for me because I am dealing with this issue with a friend right now. Man what a devisive and destructive doctrine.
05-29-2004 08:40
freak freak is a male
Unbalanced

yes the strict and hyper and full tulip stuff is very distasteful...

and to be clear by the lack of openness and cocky certainty I was referring to some who seem to engage in all the debates in the dump... that is equally distasteful - it repels doesn't persuade; it brings barriers and walls rather than a place of honest dialogue and it is the exact charicature of the church that too many normal people carry around which keeps them from Christ.

05-29-2004 08:54 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
j100xtra
unregistered

I can agree with that. Smile
05-29-2004 08:56
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

I base all of my theology on what Jesus taught said and did! That helps keep it simpler for me anyway.

05-29-2004 09:42 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
freak freak is a male
Unbalanced

just live the Sermon on the Mount - Matthew 5-7; be open and accepting of others; and pray regularly, honestly (naked) each day... a simple rule of life.

05-29-2004 09:44 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
Rocks in your Head

quote:
just live the Sermon on the Mount - Matthew 5-7; be open and accepting of others; and pray regularly, honestly (naked) each day... a simple rule of life.

Amen to that freak. We are to just show Jesus love and all that other stuff will fall into place!

05-29-2004 09:45 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
j100xtra
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Nailtatt
I base all of my theology on what Jesus taught said and did! That helps keep it simpler for me anyway.

My opinion is this, filter your beliefs thru the Word of God. Don't filter the Word thru man's theology.
05-29-2004 09:45
Rocks in your Head

quote:
Originally posted by j100xtra
quote:
Originally posted by Nailtatt

My opinion is this, filter your beliefs thru the Word of God. Don't filter the Word thru man's theology.

Awesome!!!! Any "opinion" should be right out of the Word of God and backed up DIRECTLY by it not just someones interpretation of an odd verse taken totally out of context. That is why I just base all I need to know on what Jesus taught, said, and did! Cannot go wrong there!

05-29-2004 09:49 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
freak freak is a male
Unbalanced

responding to J's post above Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

yes...

may be easier said than done... but it is definitely the goal to try to allow the Scripture to speak authentically... but it is difficult to separate our perspectives and our experience from the scripture...

but I agree - laying a theological grid over top of the scripture is so dangerous...

~f

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by freak: 05-29-2004 09:50.

05-29-2004 09:50 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
j100xtra
unregistered
RE: responding to J's post above Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Wow, that's heavy man. Tongue
05-29-2004 09:51
Rocks in your Head

That is why I focus on what Jesus said and did in the Bible. All of the other things in the bible can be dilluted by the fact that people say, " Well some man said that." But they cannot argue the fact that Jesus said what he said and the fact that he is the Son of God. (Christians anyway)

05-29-2004 09:51 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
freak freak is a male
Unbalanced

Yeah it was weighing my head down - good to get that outta here!

05-29-2004 09:52 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
Rocks in your Head

quote:
Yeah it was weighing my head down - good to get that outta here!

Amazing how things like that can affect us. That is the main reason I stay away from the DAmb and things like that!

05-29-2004 09:53 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Pages (6): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » There's no place like home, there's no place like home...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH