77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Lincoln, Nebraska Show in 2006 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lincoln, Nebraska Show in 2006
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

Question Lincoln, Nebraska Show in 2006 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Okay--if we actually did this, would any of our regulars or occasional visitors be attending? It would help for planning purposes to know. I'm saying next year because we're uncharted territory, and I have to plan the economics as though I didn't know how much help I could expect to receive and don't want to be caught short. Anyway, talk to me.

btw--the first attempt would probably have to be a Mike only or 7 & 7 is for economic reasons, and to accomodate some people that would definitely be there and who would be challenged by high octane stuff.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Marti: 05-03-2005 04:42.

04-21-2005 13:58 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Radioactive Crow

images/avatars/avatar-180.gif

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land in Sight

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I would try but this far out I can't guarantee

Was I ever on the inside?
04-21-2005 19:31 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
God-rules God-rules is a male
Happy Roy

Registration Date: 06-03-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

About the only way would be if I could work it in as a stop on the way to or from Colorado to visit the sistahs.

Michaelnotmuchhelp

I'm gonna put my carbon footprint right up a greenies lactose intolerant hind end! - squidzit 2008
04-21-2005 19:35 God-rules is offline Send an Email to God-rules Search for Posts by God-rules Add God-rules to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Thread Starter Thread Started by Marti

We will probably aim for doing it regardless, but it just helps to know. No stress, guys.

04-22-2005 04:38 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

I took the question mark off of the thread title--this will happen, if the people involved can withstand the venue.

05-03-2005 04:43 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Will we see any people from Kansas there next year, Chris?

(oops--I missed him!)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Marti: 05-05-2005 13:55.

05-05-2005 13:53 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
ccochran
Someone New

Are you talking to me? I didn't think anyone around here used or even knew my first name? Smile Granted I tend to keep seacock looked in a closet whenever i go out in public -- even to a 77s show.

Lincoln is on the fringe of my travel range- I'm in the very southeast corner of KS. For a full 77s show, I'd bet I'd be there. For a solo show, i'd be hoping for something to come along more local. (I'm not nearly the dedicated/obsessive fan that seacock is)

I realize that with budget constraints it may be difficult to do, but I enjoy some of those rare combinations that come about. I got to see Mike and Dave Beagle (along w/ some local backup band player) and that was a serious treat. The boot of Mike and Phil Keaggy comes to mind. And what's this i hear...Mike and Over the Rhine...where's my boot of this!
I do have a suggestion - Mike and Don Chaffer/Waterdeep. I'd like to see these two worlds collide and would travel great lengths for it. Plus Don/Waterdeep wouldn't have much in the way of travel expenses, since they are from KC.

--Chris/Seacock
05-31-2005 11:03 ccochran is offline Send an Email to ccochran Search for Posts by ccochran Add ccochran to your Buddy List
ccochran
Someone New

A Van load Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

P.S. If you do pull off a "world collision event" or a full 77s show, I'd do my best to fill the church van and make the trip. I also know a few people, who know a few people in KC. I'll do what I can to promote it.
05-31-2005 11:09 ccochran is offline Send an Email to ccochran Search for Posts by ccochran Add ccochran to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

RE: A Van load Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'd love a loud deal as much as the next guy, but the problem is that my confirmed local interest is almost all for the slower stuff. This will probably be almost exclusively on my dime for the up-front, so I can't alienate them, and don't know that we'll be able to do a whole lot the first time out.

I will see if I can find some information on the other band.

05-31-2005 11:51 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Let's revive this discussion Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'll stick this where it might actually be seen. I haven't gotten all of this done yet, but I'm pursuing it a little at a time and have some information gathered. I need to know how many of us would support this in order to know if we can make it happen. I just e-mailed Dave Zach (the Remedy Drive lead) back from his thank-you e-mail to see if he could hook me up with whomever booked them at East Campus Union, so I'll report the news when I hear something.

I had wanted to ask Tony about how the protocol runs here for the Friday night acts they were requesting, and you folks jogged my memory. As it turns out, he can set more people in here than I thought--50-ish, actually. If I could find 50 of us out here in Southeast Nebraska/Western Iowa (AHEM AHEM--talk to me if you're out there, folks!), we'd be able to bring Mike or Mike and Mark or Mike and whomever here, and provide decent accommodations, for less than $50 apiece. I don't think they charge for the site, or I got the impression from talking to Kyle Knapp that they didn't charge him, anyway. I think they do it to try to attract business and so forth.

I still have to check out UNL East Campus Union next Friday, and our downtown St. Paul Underground thing. I think they could probably fit a couple hundred in on the latter (and probably more than that in the former). Since my circumstances have changed, I'm going to need more help on it that I would have before, though. It just depends on how much we want to see it happen.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Marti: 11-05-2005 10:01.

11-05-2005 09:51 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

RE: Let's revive this discussion Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I got an answer from Dave rather quickly, bless his heart, and he informs me that shows at the UNL student unions have to be booked through a campus group like FCA or the Navigators. If anybody has such connections, let me know.

In the meantime, I've sent off an e-mail to the folks that run St. Paul Underground downtown on Friday nights, so we'll see what they say.

11-08-2005 16:04 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2005

Just trying to help Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just trying to help...

UNL Navigators - 402/483-4969

e:mail - UNLNavs@campusnavs.org

Smile

Hope it works out okay.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Cynthia: 11-08-2005 17:19.

11-08-2005 17:18 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

RE: Just trying to help Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have an assortment of responses from St. Paul telling me that contact with the person with the power there is forthcoming. They don't charge the artist or promoter, since they consider it a form of ministry to the people that come to hang out.

I will also look into this Navigators information, although I don't know how far I'll get with them--thank you, Cindy!

11-10-2005 16:09 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

In deference to our friends in Omaha.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm checking into a site in Ashland that would be halfway in between (sort of) here and there.

11-20-2005 16:34 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

In case anyone's still interested:

The new Edge64 facility will be open in January, so they urged me to wait until then and inquire again so that they could give me better information.

Gretchen's son's church is opening a coffee house in a small town south of Lincoln. Considering that I carried this kid around when he was in short pants, I think I could get an act in there.

There are venues--now all we need is sufficient support behind the effort. If anyone's interested, let me know.

12-15-2005 21:40 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Linda Linda is a female
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-17-2004

Still very interested...absolutely! If this happens, I will be there!

12-16-2005 21:53 Linda is offline Send an Email to Linda Search for Posts by Linda Add Linda to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

I hope someone puts the information to use someday.

12-18-2005 16:52 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Lincoln, Nebraska Show in 2006

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH